PDA

View Full Version : Summer Flicks

Acebot44
05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Alright, what movies are you guy's looking forward to this summer (or just coming up)? A few that I've got my eye on are...

Lords of Dogtown
Batman Begins
War of the Worlds
The Island
Cinderella Man (Despite Zellweger being in it.....god I hate her)
Fantastic Four
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
The Dukes of Hazzard
Four Brothers
Roll Bounce
Oliver Twist

The Germanator
05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Batman Begins - Well, it's a Batman movie directed by someone I respect in Christopher Nolan (Memento), so I am looking forward to it

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Another Tim Burton + Johnny Depp flick, and hopefully it will be a winner. I like the original movie a lot and I like most of Burton's other movies, so I have decent hopes for this one. I saw the preview for it last night, and it looked creepy but the Oompah Loompah's looked lame which is dissapointing.

Howl's Moving Castle - Directed by Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, etc), this one should be amazing. I have thoroughly enjoyed every Miyasaki movie I have ever seen and I don't see myself being let down by this one which has earned over 200 million dollars in Japan already.

The Baxter - Directed by and starring Michael Showalter (The State, Stella, Wet Hot American Summer), this is probably my most anticipated movie. If Showalter is any bit as funny as he has proved to be in his past endeavors, this will undoubtedly be my favorite movie of the summer.

Can't say I know of much else that I will actually see in the theaters, and I might not have time to see any of these anyway, I will be too busy...

Jason1
05-30-2005, 06:17 PM
The only movies im looking foward to are War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

gekko
05-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Teuthida
05-30-2005, 06:53 PM
The Brothers Grimm - Haven't seen a trailer for it yet but it's by the director of Brazil so i must see it.

Batman Begins - Read the script for it. Hopefully it's better than I think it will be.

Howl's Moving Castle - Like most of Miyazaki's stuff. Gonna try to read the book it's based on first.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Tim Burton. Nuff said.

War of the Worlds - Read the book way back in 4th grade. I know they changed a crapload of stuff. Hopefully it's decent.

The Longest Yard - Been a while since I've seen a Sandler movie.

Then there are those I don't know too much about but may watch:
The Pink Panther
Valiant
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Red Eye
Fantastic Four
The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D ... maybe

The Germanator
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
The Brothers Grimm - Haven't seen a trailer for it yet but it's by the director of Brazil so i must see it.

Oh man, I didn't know that Terry Gilliam was doing that one. Add that one to the list for me then...

Acebot44
05-30-2005, 08:15 PM
^Ditto

BlueFire
05-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Batman Begins..

I think thats bout it.

This summer is pretty lackluster.

GameMaster
05-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Batman Begins
War of the Worlds
Cinderella Man
Fantastic Four
The Dukes of Hazzard (just because I'm interested to see Jessica's acting abilities).
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Typhoid
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I want to basically see everything everyone else has said.

Batman Begins
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Cinderella Man
Mr. And Mrs. Smith

(just because I'm interested to see Jessica's acting abilities)

Is that what we're calling them now?

Dark Samurai
05-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Is that what we're calling them now?

Didnt you get the memo?

Jonbo298
05-31-2005, 02:40 PM
War of the Worlds - Its Spielbergs (spelling?) last 'alien/sci-fi flick' (If I remember right) and gotta see how great of a bang he goes out with. I'm still irked it has Tom Cruise in it because I just cant picture him in the movie. May be just me

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Johnny Depp, 'goatee-less' and acting 'odd'. Thats scary enough to see it but I gotta see how it turns out. It looks like it may get blah reviews but I'll enjoy it, maybe :p

Not as interested in anything else right now. If friends want to see a movie, I'll probably go along just to see how it is but nothing else is as interesting yet.

BreakABone
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Let's see

The Longest Yard- Looks Funnie
Mr and Mrs. Smith- looks like a real interesting movie.
War of the World- Tom Cruise/Steven Speilberg. Summer movie with aliens and Tom as the good guy.. can't really go wrong.
Fantastic Four- Comic book fan in me... Jessica Alba in tight outfit in there
Wedding Crashers- Looks interesting
Charlie and the Chocalate Factory- Looks demented as hell..

*Thinks*
I think that is all of them............

Krypton
05-31-2005, 04:19 PM
War of the Worlds - Looks awesome

Longest Yard - Looks funny, Adam Sandler and Chris Rock are hilarious.

Fantastic Four - Looks pretty good, may see it.

Batman Begins - Looks totally sweet, i'm going to see it in an IMAX theater.

Sharkboy and Lava Girl - Looks absolutely retarded, too kiddylike.

TheSlyMoogle
06-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Everyone should go see Crash. It was a wonderful movie. Go see it. Seriously.

Perfect Stu
06-03-2005, 04:30 AM
1. Crash
2. War of the Worlds

3. Batman Begins
4. Star Wars
5. The Longest Yard
6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

7. Mr and Mrs Smith
8. Dukes of Hazzard

DimHalo
06-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I want to see:

War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Herbie looks good too (i'm sure jeepnut will want to see it for multiple reasons)

interested in Dukes of Hazzard but i don't care to pay to see it in the theatres

Krypton
06-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Mr and Mrs Smith seems pretty good, i'll probably go see that. Plus Angelina Jolie is one hot mama! :D

Everyone should go see Crash. It was a wonderful movie. Go see it. Seriously.

I'd probably go see that too, but im only 14, and my mom and dad don't like taking me to movies they don't want to see too. So I might just sneak in :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :p

Blackmane
06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I wanna see:

War of the Worlds
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Cinderella Man
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Batman Begins
Fantastic Four

eh, some other fun ones:

The Longest Yard
Dukes of Hazzard
blah blah blah, I'm sure I will see lots of movies.

Krypton
06-04-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm going to see "The Longest Yard", many friends tell me that its funny and good so off to the theaters I go!.

90th post wOOt

Acebot44
06-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Saw Lords of Dogtown today. It was good, but I left feeling a bit depressed.

Vampyr
06-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Lords of Dogtown <-- This is my most wanted to see movie. Executive Producer is David Finch, director of Fight Club

Batman Begins - All the other Bat movies sucked, but this one might be good.

War of the Worlds - I like HG Wells, and I usually like Tom Cruise movies.

Fantastic Four - I like comic books.

Acebot44
06-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Saw Madagascar today. It was okay, but I expected more from an animated film. 6/10. Cute though.

Oh, and I saw the Longest Yard last weekend btw. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than Madagascar thats for sure.