PDA

View Full Version : Sound check.

Swan
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
It's been awhile since I updated here, so I decided to start a couple days before the big event.
For our school we have a class that is the easiest class ever. It is called rock school and all you do is get together in bands and learn songs. Eventually you play them in front of a crowd.
So today was soundcheck, everyone had to bring the instruments that they will be using in the show. We basically just sat around and did nothing.

The show is on Thursday, I shall inform you of how it goes, and the people who go can inform you as well. I believe Fox 6 is going, not sure about Dylflon and Typhoid.

PS We were talking about Typhoid today during science for some reason and then I realized that whenever I hear it, no matter what the context, I can't help but think of Sean. Congratulations buddy.

Typhoid
05-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Same here.....everytime I hear it now, I think of me....

But its glad to know I've ruined one childs learning experience.

And, If all goes according to plan, and I get a seat front row, either expect streaking, or a random shirt throwing. Even though your set is minus Indie, Punk, Emo, or New Rock......the shirt may still come off. I might bring a bra to just throw at you.

But it all depends what block you're in.....I cant skip C....only D. And that still might be iffy.

Oh, and FYI

When I read:

PS We were talking about Typhoid today during science for some reason

I immediately thought you meant about me. Goes to show you what having your name as a deadly 3rd world disease will do to ya.

Swan
05-25-2005, 06:08 PM
We are in D block, stop by.

GameMaster
05-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Tell us about your band. How many members? What instruments? What song? Length of song? Is anyone nervous? Have any band members had disagreements or thought about leaving the group to go solo?

Swan
05-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Tell us about your band. How many members? What instruments? What song? Length of song? Is anyone nervous? Have any band members had disagreements or thought about leaving the group to go solo?
Ok, I shall attempt to answer these.

Our band is named Misplay, we tend to stick to the older music and we are working on originals at the moment.
Their is five members at the moment. These members are:
Kenneth Rodgers - Vocalist
Tom Sauter - Lead Guitar
Kevin Wingrove - Rythym Guitar
Me - Bass
Kyle Ollson - Drummer

For this class we get to play three songs, any songs that we choose. Our band chose:
Fade to Black - Metallica
White Room - Cream
Sunshine of your Love - Cream

I do not know if any of our band members are nervous, we shall see tomorow.

There have been disagreements among the band, such as not picking a song that everyone wants to play, or one person doesn't want to play a song. I don't know if anyone has planned on going solo but I do know that people have been considered to be replaced.

If I can I will try to get audio or video of my band.

Bond
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Is your band actually good or is it one of those annoying teenage bands that think they're awesome (but they really aren't)?

Swan
05-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Is your band actually good or is it one of those annoying teenage bands that think they're awesome (but they really aren't)?
I wouldn't say we're super awesome, but I don't think we qualify as the teenage band that thinks they're awesome but is annoying. As I said before, we are still working on originals, so we shall see then.

Typhoid
05-25-2005, 09:18 PM

They are a highschool band that formed because they wanted easy credits in school.

Come to your own conclusions. :p

Swan
05-25-2005, 09:24 PM
They are a highschool band that formed because they wanted easy credits in school.

Come to your own conclusions. :p
We were technicaly around before we got into the class.

The Germanator
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM

Is that a shot at the Spinto Band? :mad:

Jason1
05-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Uhhhh...are you sure your not just talking about the movie "School of Rock" Starring Jack Black...?

Fox 6
05-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Uhhhh...are you sure your not just talking about the movie "School of Rock" Starring Jack Black...?

It's an actual class, and from what I've understood its gettign more popular. They had to add more blocks of rock school this year.

On another note the performance today was great. I think the best part of the whole thing was:

"looks like they're having some technical difficulties."

"NO! It looking like your sucking!"

That was great :p

Swan
05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
"looks like they're having some technical difficulties."

"NO! It looking like your sucking!"

That was great :p
That part was awesome, I heard that he used to be in a band, but was kicked out because he couldn't sing.

dropCGCF
05-26-2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I have a purevolume site.

http://www.purevolume.com/theeastlakemountainbandits