PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Has anyone seen any new trailers or NA release dates? i saw a trailer a few days ago at a friends house......so far it looks insane.

Happydude
05-23-2005, 05:10 PM
so many many trailers have I seen, dates i have seen none.

not for NA anyway.

Dark Samurai
05-23-2005, 05:19 PM
That looks bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

(Sorry I'm just liking that song...)

MuGen
05-23-2005, 05:30 PM
The North American release date is for September 13th 2005. You can check Advent Children section in GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/12/news_6124327.html

DarkMaster
05-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Releases in North America and Japan on the same day. The craziness!

Hopefully we will see an english voiced trailer soon. There was a new trailer shown at E3 that completely owned house.

Teuthida
05-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Saw the trailer. Wondering if I could enjoy the movie at all without having played FFVII. Well, I started to play it but it annoyed the hell out of me...anywhoo...this is sure to do much much better than their last attempt at a motion picture. Believe they lost a hell of a lot of money on Spirits Within.

MuGen
05-24-2005, 10:45 AM
They lost a lot of money because people have always imagined a movie based on a game, where they see familiar elements that link to the game and get them excited. Spirits Within had nothing to do with anything we've experienced from 7 to 11.

FFVII Advent Children is surely going to generate some huge revenue considering it's a sequel to VII in motion picture form.... It's the only true sequel people have been dying to see. X-2 was a humbug sequel and I only jumped once at getting it... the game blew though.

DeathsHand
05-24-2005, 02:58 PM
They lost a lot of money because people have always imagined a movie based on a game, where they see familiar elements that link to the game and get them excited. Spirits Within had nothing to do with anything we've experienced from 7 to 11.

FFVII Advent Children is surely going to generate some huge revenue considering it's a sequel to VII in motion picture form.... It's the only true sequel people have been dying to see. X-2 was a humbug sequel and I only jumped once at getting it... the game blew though.

It had nothing to do with I-VI either ;)

And people didn't see it due to a combination of it not being based on anything, and everyone saying it sucked...

Yeah though, wether it's good or not, Advent Children is definately the movie they should've released in theaters instead of Spirits Within...

But now we just get a straight to DVD release... Which I guess will be enough to please fans...

MuGen
05-24-2005, 03:05 PM
If it were to release in theatres people would pay $8 to see it and wait 6 months to own it. This is a smart move, cuz then people will rush to buy the $24.99 DVD and they'l own it.

I'm pre-ordering the first chance I get.... Cloud looks sickening in this movie...

Happydude
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Cloud looks sickening in this movie...

and Sephy looks like a woman...:unsure:

Swan
05-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know how long this one will be?

Crash
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
80 minute long movie trailer...

I'm ALL over this movie. I hope they take it to theaters.