PDA

View Full Version : Conscious computers

Neo
05-23-2005, 03:59 PM
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1489635,00.html

He continued: 'It would definitely have emotions - that's one of the primary reasons for doing it. If I'm on an aeroplane I want the computer to be more terrified of crashing than I am so it does everything to stay in the air until it's supposed to be on the ground.

Happydude
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
oh boy...i feel the end of the humam race is much nearer than anyone had thought.

making a conscious computer (or AI...at least i think that's what he meant) is digging a hole for ourselves to jump into.

GameMaster
05-23-2005, 06:38 PM
yoghurts will wish you good morning before being eaten

Ha ha, I thought that was funny. :lol:

human consciousness will be stored on supercomputers, promising immortality

That's the coolest prediction up there ^^^

God, I just hope I'm still alive and have enough money to download my mind to a computer. I would love to live forever.

Very cool article. We have a lot to look forward too.

Typhoid
05-23-2005, 06:40 PM
In all honesty, I want so much for there to be emotional AI.....but at the same time I don't.

Because it would be wierd.....hurting a computers feelings....it isnt living, it isnt organic, yet it would have emotions.

Plus I can't really grasp the idea, I can, but it just seems wierd.

The Germanator
05-24-2005, 12:45 AM
In all honesty, I want so much for there to be emotional AI.....but at the same time I don't.

Because it would be wierd.....hurting a computers feelings....it isnt living, it isnt organic, yet it would have emotions.

Plus I can't really grasp the idea, I can, but it just seems wierd.

But think about the market for sex toy computers...It would be enormous!

Sign me up...

dropCGCF
05-24-2005, 11:59 AM
oh boy...i feel the end of the humam race is much nearer than anyone had thought.

They're going to decide that we're wasteful and get rid of us. No smart AI.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM
scary scary stuff......does anyone really want to live forever?

this is looking really T3 - ish right now....or matrix-ish....or a whole lot of other ish-es