PDA

View Full Version : Ambition - Photomanipulation

Vampyr
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
This is a recent piece of mine. It's about 90% done. I used the timer on my digital camera to take a picture of myself (took a few tries to get it right), then found pictures of machine parts on the internet, and then used photoshop to make what you see below. It's titled "Ambition" because the machine parts represent how humans constantly try to better themselves.

This is the first in a series of photomanips that will reflect the human traits that I hold in high regard. Upcoming are "Passion" and "Knowledge". Also Pride and Honor.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ezalu_ragar/ambition.jpg

Acebot44
05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
****in awesome

dropCGCF
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks for making me really feel like I suck at art.

Su-Yin
05-09-2005, 09:34 PM
wow....that is real cool....

Teuthida
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
*throws a broomstick into Vampyr's nasal cavity cog* Muah ha ha ha! Tis cool. Would be even cooler if found cogs of various shapes that together made up the shape of your head and features rather than cropping them to fit. Guess would be mighty hard and time consuming but I order you to attempt it!

Vampyr
05-09-2005, 10:08 PM
*throws a broomstick into Vampyr's nasal cavity cog* Muah ha ha ha! Tis cool. Would be even cooler if found cogs of various shapes that together made up the shape of your head and features rather than cropping them to fit. Guess would be mighty hard and time consuming but I order you to attempt it!

Haha, that would be insanely difficult! Not to mention there would be less of an artists touch (because it would be like a puzzel). I do want to find more cogs and gears to put in the upper head area, because my hair is so curly and dark that it looks fuzzy around the edges. If I could replace all the parts of hair with gears, it would fix that.

And thanks for everyone's comments, and the encouraging +reps. :D

GameMaster
05-10-2005, 08:36 PM
And now I can tell you in live chat how great your mechanical profile is, I'm wondering if the other traits will feature you also? I agree with Dan, if you can just tinker around a bit more with the hair area, it will look even more awesome. I also like the placement of that large gear near your eye, it kind of makes you look like a robot. And nobody mentioned the background, but I really liked it.

Vampyr
05-10-2005, 08:45 PM
If everyone would kindly click "refresh", you would see that I fixed the hair. :)

Su-Yin
05-10-2005, 10:38 PM
i actually liked it more before u changed it ...but its still good...it looked better wiht the hair in place..and gears just replacing the brain...*shrug*