PDA

View Full Version : What villain has freaked you out the most?

Storm Eagle
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Has there ever been any villain from a TV show, movie, story, or maybe even a video game that has freaked you out more than any other? Would there also be a reason why?

Some time back, I rented a movie called The Wanderers. It takes place in the Bronx circa 1963, and features gangs. There's this one gang in the movie that's the worst out of all of them, known as the Ducky Boys. They live in the worst part of the city, they NEVER speak, they're massive in number, and they fight rather dirty. In fact, they're the only gang in the story that uses weapons.

There's this scene where one guy who betrayed the Wanderers gang ends up in the Ducky Boys' territory. When one of them comes at him with a blade, he tries to run away, but he's always confronted by more groups of Ducky Boys no matter where he runs. He tries to climb a ladder on a building to get away, and not even that provides a good escape for him. Then he ends up losing his grip and falls to his death.

I guess it didn't help that I watched this movie so late in the night. Just imagine being in a really messed up neighborhood and being confronted by a massive group of guys who don't speak a single word, and all they want is to beat the crud out of you. You'd probably also have difficulty taking a gang with a name like "the Ducky Boys" so seriously, but I guess that might have been the whole point. Anyway the movie is based on a book, which states that neither one of them is any taller than 5'3. The name might have something to do with that too.

Vampyr
05-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Kevin and the Priest from Sin City, and the Yellow Bastard from the same movie.

From video games I would have to say Albedo from Xenosaga. He is messed up, and is the first video game villian that ever actually touched me in such a way that I wanted to kill him.

Ginkasa
05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
The SA-X from Metroid Fusion. Those invincible enemies that you always have to run from have alwasy scared me...

There's also some villain in a movie that creeped me out, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is or from what movie... I'll have to get back to you on that one...

/me shrugs and walks away

Acebot44
05-08-2005, 10:33 PM
The big Owl with the freaky eyes in the movie "An American Tail" I think or one of the other old disney movies.

I was just so young then..

maybe it was "The Secret of Nihm"...

Ginkasa
05-08-2005, 11:29 PM
*gasp*

The owl in Rock-A-Doodle-Doo! When he's first revealed and he takes those ominous steps and stuff. I haven't seen the movie in forever, so I can't describe which part exactly, but I know he freaked me out...

/me shrugs and walks away

Teuthida
05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
The Mothmen from one episode of the X-files. They're lost in the woods and these guys blend into the surroundings and attack.

Oh and another X-files ep that they held off showing for a while because it was too freaky. This family that forced eachother to inbreed with eachother and the results were the scariest things I've ever seen. The deformed mother shrieking under the bed... *shudder* Dammit such horrible freakish memories.

And then there was this drawing of a wolfgirl in some scary stories book. Believed she lived in the vent in my bathroom for years.

There was once a special on Fox which was suppose to be home video of this family's house getting intruded by aliens. You see lights and such but never any aliens...until the very end. The boy who was the cameraman goes into a room, closes the door, turns around, and there's a grey behind him, and it ends like that. I still check behind doors just incase.

The end of the 1994 remake of Frankenstein is so sickening. Oh man.

I could probably go on and on about things that freaked me out in the past but just gonna stop now so I don't try to remember anymore.

GameMaster
05-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Oh and another X-files ep that they held off showing for a while because it was too freaky. This family that forced eachother to inbreed with eachother and the results were the scariest things I've ever seen. The deformed mother shrieking under the bed... *shudder* Dammit such horrible freakish memories.

I saw that a month or two ago for the very first time. Man, that episode was scary. The men are so scary and the episode leaves these awful memories. The scene where the cop and his wife are hiding in their bedroom and then they come in. And when Scully and Mulder are in their house while the men are outside trying to gather the sheep back together, the suspence was killing me. I would've killed myself if I was in one of those situations. I'm not an avid watcher of the show so I'm not sure how scary that episode was in relation to the rest of the series but I'd like to get all 9 seasons on DVD.

Interesting trivia about it: Episode #4.3, "Home", was banned from Fox after its first airing due to its sensitive and somewhat taboo subject matter. It is also the only episode to receive a TV-MA rating in America.

Yan
05-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Freddie Kruger.

I was 7 (I think) when I saw Nightmare on Elm Street and I couldn't go to the bathroom alone for 2 years... My grandmother had to come along with me.

Needless to say, I avoid watching horror movies ever since though recently I was dragged along to watch The Ring 2. Everytime Samara popped up I stuck my fingers into my ears and shut my eyes so I have no memory whatsoever regarding what she looked like... :errr:

Su-Yin
05-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Pennywise the clown from the movie IT
i was very little when i watched this i guess...i still shiver when i look at clowns....dont like them.. :( ...i think stephen king gave me a phobia

for tthose who hasnt seen the movie..this is a summary i googled
This is the movie based upon the 1989 Stephen King book that might have started the whole evil clown phenomenon. It is the story of a group of misfit children in Derry, Maine, facing evil one summer in the form of Pennywise the Clown, who has already killed one characterıs younger brother and haunts the others in various terrifying forms.
But It is also the story of the same children 30 years later or so, when Pennywise (whom they apparently vanquished in their youth but donıt remember how) rises. The clown torments the adult and child versions of the characters emotionally, mentally and physically * "With both barrels it was Pennywise," Harry Anderson's character says after Tim Curry's Pennywise has played mind games with him at the public library * as they struggle to survive. Pennywise/It is ultimately revealed to be a large spider-alien creature/ancient evil that has plagued Derry for centuries. Almost certainly the most well-known evil clown (save for Batmanıs archnemesis, the Joker; more on him later), Pennywise is modeled after real-life serial killer John Wayne Gacy, aka Pogo the Clown, a.k.a. "The Clown Killer." Gacy was convicted of sexually assaulting and killing 33 boys in 1980; he posed as a clown while doing so.

Perfect Stu
05-09-2005, 06:37 AM
"Pennywise is modeled after real-life serial killer John Wayne Gacy, aka Pogo the Clown, a.k.a. "The Clown Killer." Gacy was convicted of sexually assaulting and killing 33 boys in 1980; he posed as a clown while doing so"

I think that's freakier than IT, considering it actually happened.

And there's always something that disturbed me about Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition...

ulala06
05-09-2005, 07:01 AM
the Jaugernaut from "thir13en ghosts".

The Germanator
05-09-2005, 01:19 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/64/1701/320/Pennywise.jpg

"BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!"

Yeah, Pennywise has always scared me...

These girls in The Shining get me every time too...

http://www.cinema24.ch/images/filme/shining_twins.jpg

MuGen
05-09-2005, 03:11 PM
The Scorpion in "Honey I Shrunk The Kids"

When I was young I cried when it would kill the Ant the kids befriended... such sorrow memories.

ulala06
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
The Scorpion in "Honey I Shrunk The Kids"

When I was young I cried when it would kill the Ant the kids befriended... such sorrow memories.

that moment is why i hate that movie.

Happydude
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
thos freakin bastard from Silent Hill 2 ( i think...the one for XBox) that jumped out from underneath the cars on the streets...and i was playing the game in total darkness none the less.

as for movies...i don't think i have seen something so scary that it's worth posting in this thread.

Storm Eagle
05-09-2005, 05:42 PM
The SA-X from Metroid Fusion. Those invincible enemies that you always have to run from have alwasy scared me...

I agree. She was kind of freaky. She's you, but a more advanced you, who can really kick your ass. That is, unitl you get all the upgrades in the game. Then you can match her. :)

You know, this big Bot from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link scared the bejesus out of me too, when it just dropped right down from the ceiling unexpectedly.

I was taken to see Gremlins when I was five, and the Gremlins started to freak me out so much that my mother had to take me out of the theater. Of course I have no trouble watching it now though.

Anyway, to date, the Ducky Boys are it. I imagine that they do talk though, but just not to or around non-Ducky Boys. I guess that adds to the freak factor. Also, according to the director's commentary, the book also describes them as a gang who goes home and bleeds on their doorsteps after a rumble.