PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with G4 TV...

The Germanator
05-07-2005, 11:26 PM
So I got this note from a friend the other day and it said...

Hey all,

So, the first act of my newest rock opera, based on the Super Mario Bros., is going to be staged at CalArts on the 12th-15th. That's a week from Thursday.
It starts at about 11pm and goes for apx. 45 min.

I would love to see any and all of you there. Buy a plane ticket. Hitch a ride. Do what you have to do.

It's gonna rock...hard.

There's question mark boxes, a Mario-Princess duet, and a humongous puppet.
There's Koopas and Toadstools and Fireballs.

Let me know if you think you'll be able to attend. I'd love to see you.
If you miss it, I'll have it on DVD, and the videogame channel G4 (www.g4media.com ) will (hopefully) be airing some of it in the coming weeks.

I'll keep you posted.
I've been working on it non-stop...and there's a lot more to do.

I don't have G4 TV, but I figured that anybody who does could be very interested in this. This guy is an amazing songwriter and performer and I'm upset that I won't be able to see it live (I have seen one of his other rock opera's live, and it was great), but I thought this was a fun thing to pass along...

Ginkasa
05-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Any clue as to where on the channel this would air? I assume its not going to be a special or anything, since its only a hopeful thing for "part" of it....

/me shrugs and walks away

The Germanator
05-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Any clue as to where on the channel this would air? I assume its not going to be a special or anything, since its only a hopeful thing for "part" of it....

* Link1130 shrugs and walks away

Hmm, not really...I don't really know much about the layout of the programming so I couldn't muster a guess. If he gets better information sooner I'll let you know.

Solid Snake
05-08-2005, 12:52 AM
i have g4, a tivo and a computer, so if it airs, i can record it and upload it hopefully

The Germanator
05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/episodes/4143/Ze_Frank_Mario_Opera_OS_X_Hacks.html

Watch this...because this is my friend...

My friend is "Jonathan Mann."

Crash
05-22-2005, 11:57 AM
NEXT AIRING: 5/25/2005 7pm ET / 4pm PT more repeats

Ze Frank, Mario O

Online "performance artist" and 2002 Best Personal Site Webby Award Winner Ze Frank talks about his oddly amusing site, ZeFrank.com. We attend the very first opera based on Mario's quest to save the princess (yes--that Mario), and we talk to its composer, Jonathan Mann. Kevin R.'s Dark Tip reveals the latest hacks for Apple's OSX "Tiger," Office Jesus visits the show to talk about his new blog, and we select our favorites from the last User Created challenge.

I should be able to record it and send you a DVD if you want

The Germanator
05-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I should be able to record it and send you a DVD if you want

Hmm, if you are feeling generous and would want to do that then that would be amazing. I think I will eventually be able to see the whole performance because he is making a DVD of it, but it would be kind of fun to see the TV spot.

The Germanator
06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Excuse the double post, but there is a clip of his TV performance online, thought you guys still may be interested...

http://www.jonathanmann.net/g4.html

Also there is a trailer for the opera on the official site...

http://www.the-mario-opera.com/

Enjoy.