PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Nice and Nicely Done today!

The Germanator
05-07-2005, 11:18 PM
So I was just bored on the internet browsing around on amazon.com when I figured I'd search "The Spinto Band" just for kicks. To my surprise and joy they have the album listed and you can actually pre-order it! There is even some random comment/review about us that I've never seen before...Strange.

Anyway, if you ever use Amazon, you can preorder the album now! It's more expensive than it should be I think, but that's the business I guess.

So yeah, buy the album up so I can get my 10 cents from each album bought!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009J4O9A/qid%3D1115521985/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-6578144-2476021#product-details

Jonbo298
05-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Cool! I'll think about it

GameMaster
05-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Wow, you know you're on your way to stardom when your album is featured on the world's #1 online marketplace.

Congratulations, my friend. Consider me your first customer. :)

P.S. If I sent my purchased copy to you, could you and the rest of the band sign it with a permanent marker?

And, if I flew to your house at your convenience, would I be able to have a picture taken with the Spinto Band for a premium price?

The Germanator
05-08-2005, 02:20 AM
P.S. If I sent my purchased copy to you, could you and the rest of the band sign it with a permanent marker?

And, if I flew to your house at your convenience, would I be able to have a picture taken with the Spinto Band for a premium price?

The answer to both of those questions is probably yes. I don't know how much I will actually be at my house this summer though with all the touring and such, but yeah...Our soon to be manager is working on trying to get us some dates in Los Angeles for August, and I know you are from California, so maybe even making those dates is possible...Though I know nothing about the geography of California, so I could be totally wrong about where you live and all of that.

Bube
05-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Is the 11th track, Japan Is An Island, the song we all know as Atari? Why the name change, if so?

The Germanator
05-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Is the 11th track, Japan Is An Island, the song we all know as Atari? Why the name change, if so?

You are correct, it is Atari. First of all we didn't really want the song on the album that much. Thomas and Nick wrote the song when they were still in high school, and now both are almost finished college, so they had felt that they had moved beyond the song. When we were told that it should be on, we changed the title so it wouldn't be such and obvious 80s cliche. The song lyrics still are, but at least the title isn't so obvious.

Bube
05-08-2005, 12:08 PM
It was the first song I ever listened to from you guys, and I immediately fell in love. There was something about it that made me remember that first time I played a video game. I think it deserves it's place in the album.

Any way of me getting it? Amazon doesn't ship to Turkey.

The Germanator
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Hmm...The only way that I could think is when we actually get the hard copies that I could send you one personally. I really doubt our distribution will get beyond Europe/Asia market, so it will probably be impossible for you to get it otherwise.

GameMaster
05-08-2005, 02:16 PM
You should look into getting your stuff in the iTunes store. New artists and groups have put some of their songs in there for free to get their name around. You could sell yours as is though. Then people like Bube could buy it.

The Germanator
05-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I would actually really like to do that, but I personally don't know much about the process. We have some songs that we didn't want on the album, but would be a nice fit for downloadables on iTunes, so hopefully that happens at some point.

Bube
05-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Unfortunately, "iTunes cannot ship to your location".

Whatever they mean by that...

Typhoid
05-09-2005, 06:46 PM
You should look on getting your stuff into the Virgin Megastore....that way, instead of ordering it on the internet, I can just go downtown.

Stray_Bullet
05-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow, you're really getting somewhere aren't you Germy? You'll remember me when you're rich and famous from 10 cent albums, right? Right? *sob*

The Germanator
05-18-2005, 11:54 PM
30 second samples are up at Amazon for anyone that wants a taste of the music...