PDA

View Full Version : the Slashersaurus

Su-Yin
05-06-2005, 03:00 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Slashersaurus-the-missing-link/2005/05/05/1115092628880.html

Guided by a blackmarket fossil dealer, American researchers have found an ancient killing field where as many as a million dinosaur bones from a previously unknown species are embedded in less than a hectare of primordial mudstone.

The new species "is a missing link in the history of dinosaurs," said Scott Sampson, curator of vertebrate paleontology at the Utah Museum of Natural History.

The scientists owe the discovery to Lawrence Walker, who found the creatures while poaching fossils from federal lands, digging at night. Convinced they belonged to a new species, Walker revealed the latitude and longitude of the remote mesa where the bones had been found. He later served five months in jail for theft of government property and paid $US15,000 ($19,200) in restitution as the price for bringing the bones to the attention of science.
:hmm:

Crash
05-06-2005, 03:21 AM
stupid government ...

I OWN ALL DINOSAUR BONES... morons.

GameMaster
05-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Oh my goodness, just the thought of dinosaur bones sends chill down my spine! :errr:

MuGen
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
I knew in some way Government officials were hiding SOMETHING...

Next someone is going to find alien bones in Roswell and he'll be fined and imprisoned for THAT.