PDA

View Full Version : So does anybody here watch 24?

Xantar
05-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I was kind of surprised to find no threads at all about this, especially since Neo had a little story thing going on with GT members over the course of 24 hours. Or something like that. Plus he posted about the 24 game, so I assume he's a fan.

Anyway, if you're watching the current season, what do you think of it? What do you think is going to happen in the end? And do you think you're going to watch next season?

Personally, I think the show has jumped the shark and really needs to get its act together next season. It's pretty clear to me that the writers had no idea what was going to happen by the end of the season and were just making it up as they went along. This led to a lot of incoherence, plot holes you could drive CamFu through and a lot of repetition. A popular theory on other message boards is that Marwan, who is played by Arnold Vosloo a.k.a. The Mummy, must really have mystical powers considering how many times CTU sets up a "perimeter" which he gets through effortlessly.

I'd get into more specifics, but I don't want to be posting spoiler material in the very first post just in case somebody wanders in here by accident. So...

BEWARE! SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

Incidentally, I'm watching Season 1 for the first time now. Man, it was so much better back in those days...

Swan
05-05-2005, 07:33 PM
I just got into 24 this season, never seen any of the previous seasons. I'm considering getting the first one.

Jonbo298
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Neo is a huge 24 fan

Dark Samurai
05-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I love that show, I even try to work faster to catch it on Monday...

Seth
05-06-2005, 01:04 AM
I hate it.

It just seems so corny. I've never seen the first season and I heard they were better.

But yeah, the few current shows that I endured really sucked my junk.

ptah

BreakABone
05-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Well, I fell in love with the show this season and got season 3 to go home and enjoy over the summer. I want to pick up season 1 and 2 but they are so damn expensive its just scary.