PDA

View Full Version : Boy finds snake in breakfast cereal

Neo
05-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Boy finds snake in cereal packet

A five-year-old Shropshire boy discovered a live two-foot snake in his box of breakfast cereal.
Jordan Willett, from Dawley, found the corn snake inside the packet of Golden Puffs on Bank Holiday Monday.

His mother Theresa, 23, said he was still in shock and not eating. The cereal was bought at a Netto store on the Wrekin Retail Park.

The supermarket's trading director said it was a "bizarre" incident that was being taken very seriously.

He's not eating. Neither am I

Ms Willett, who was eating breakfast with her son at the time, said she first thought the snake was a free gift.

Describing the incident, she said: "My lad, he went to open his cereal and luckily enough I was behind him because a snake popped out.

"I just screamed. I grabbed the box off him and found some Sellotape."

She added: "Jordan's still in shock today. He's not eating. Neither am I."

The family, who bought the 89p packet of cereal on Saturday, said they would be taking things further.

Netto trading director Clive Cooper said: "This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are taking it very seriously.

"Netto is in discussions with its supplier to ensure that all procedures are reviewed and we will be making checks on our stock."

An expert called in to examine the corn snake, which is non-venomous and feeds on mice and birds, said he was sure the animal had been kept as a pet in England and had been well looked after.

GameMaster
05-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh my! This is shocking and controversial!

The mother sounds like a real cheap skate who just found an opportunity for some quick cash:

The family, who bought the 89p packet of cereal on Saturday, said they would be taking things further.

I hope she loses her case and has to pay her lawyer a fortune. Accidents happen. Don't need to sue someone for every mistake that occurs.

Crash
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
how the hell do they prove that the snake came from the cereal? She probably planted it there to make some $$$

Canyarion
05-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Stupid people. "He's not eating, neither am I!" :rolleyes: Well, then they'll both starve.

Happydude
05-05-2005, 05:39 PM
yeah...how are they going to prove that the snake was inside the cereal box before it was opened?

jeepnut
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
If the box was sealed as it should have been if it came from the factory, then there is no way the snake could have lived in there. It would have suffocated in the plastic bag the cereal comes in. If it got in on its own, then the box should have shown an opening where it got in and they should have known better than to trust an open box.