PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida's No. 3 Man Arrested in Pakistan

Bond
05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/img.news.yahoo.com/util/anysize/345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050504%2Fcapt.isl10305041303.pakistan_ terror_arrests_isl103.jpg?v=1
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistani commandos nabbed a senior al-Qaida leader, described by U.S. officials as the group's No. 3 operative, after a shootout at one of his barren hideouts. Jubilant Pakistani officials said Wednesday his arrest would help in the hunt for
Osama bin Laden.

President Bush hailed the capture of Abu Farraj al-Libbi, al-Qaida's alleged operational planner, as a "critical victory" that "removes a dangerous enemy who is a direct threat to America and for those who love freedom" — although al-Libbi is not on the
FBI's list of most-wanted terrorists.

Al-Libbi, a native of Libya who's thought to use at least five aliases, is believed responsible for planning attacks in the United States, a U.S. counterterrorism official said.

U.S. officials described the arrest as the greatest blow to al-Qaida in more than two years. Al-Libbi is a confidant of bin Laden and was behind only Egyptian Ayman al-Zawahri and the al-Qaida chief himself in the terror organization's hierarchy, they said.

Al-Libbi was also Pakistan's most-wanted man, the main suspect behind two 2003 assassination attempts against President Gen. Pervez Musharraf — and is likely to face the death penalty in Pakistan if convicted.

Source: Yahoo News
And down goes another terrorist.

Typhoid
05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
And down goes another terrorist.

Only hundreds of thousands more.

GameMaster
05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Care to explain what happened to his eyes?

Or should I just mutter, "police brutality" under my breath and leave this thread?

Bond
05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Only hundreds of thousands more.
That's a rather high estimate on your part.

Typhoid
05-04-2005, 06:38 PM
That's a rather high estimate on your part.

Not at all, I dont think.

Do you think the US government knows EVERY single Terrorist? Do you think there are only 52?

Im pretty sure there are probably new terrorists every day. And dont think/say "Well, why would they want to be a terrorist?"

Because thats like asking why do kids in the US want to be Neo-Nazi's and Skinheads.

But, so you're saying, in a world with billions of people, there are less than a couple hundred thousand terrorists.

Please give me the map to the fantasy world you are living in.

Bond
05-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Not at all, I dont think.
Not at all (you don't think). Is that supposed to sound confident?
Do you think the US government knows EVERY single Terrorist? Do you think there are only 52?
The United States government has caught more than fifty-two terrorists, so obviously I don't believe that.
Im pretty sure there are probably new terrorists every day. And dont think/say "Well, why would they want to be a terrorist?"
I'm "pretty sure" there are terroists who are killed and captured each day.
Because thats like asking why do kids in the US want to be Neo-Nazi's and Skinheads.
Well, that was pointless.
But, so you're saying, in a world with billions of people, there are less than a couple hundred thousand terrorists.
Indeed.
Please give me the map to the fantasy world you are living in.
http://www.freemap.com/images/wallmaps/intworldUPDW.jpg

Typhoid
05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Not at all (you don't think). Is that supposed to sound confident?

Im sorry your majesty.

I meant to say: "Not at all, I dont think so." In the 'my opinion' sense. Not the reassuring myself sense.

I'm "pretty sure" there are terroists who are killed and captured each day.

That still doesnt mean that more won't be joining. There will always be rebellion by some people. The super religious ones who see the western civilization as evil. They will want to stop any western civilization imposing anything on their country.

Well, that was pointless.

Actually, it was sort of apt, in the use of a comparison.

So then, how many terrorists would you say there are? Because I'm not just talking Iraq, I mean in the whole world.

Bond
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Hundreds? Sure. Thousands? Maybe. Tens of thousands? Probably not. Hundreds of thousands? No.

Stonecutter
05-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Care to explain what happened to his eyes?

Or should I just mutter, "police brutality" under my breath and leave this thread?
They look more like burns than bruses to me. Obviously the DoD is going to release the WORST POSSIBLE picture they can possibly get. I wouldn't be surprised if they used makeup to make him look even worse.

Su-Yin
05-05-2005, 12:08 AM
They look more like burns than bruses to me. Obviously the DoD is going to release the WORST POSSIBLE picture they can possibly get. I wouldn't be surprised if they used makeup to make him look even worse.

*shrug looks like dirt to me...i bet hes just dirty...;)....his eyes look tear-stained though

Typhoid
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
*shrug looks like dirt to me...i bet hes just dirty...;)....his eyes look tear-stained though

Then he must also have the uncanny ability to be able to cry from his lips, and bruise his own eyes.

Damn those terrorists, always one step ahead of us normal folk.