PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Controller

Crash
05-03-2005, 08:38 PM
http://img110.echo.cx/img110/5/276900iu.jpg

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Bond
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Don't worry, it's just missing the outer layer that makes it look all purty.

DarrenMcLeod
05-03-2005, 09:04 PM
There's a cord. Can't be the real thing... I thought it was wireless.

I also hope Microsoft will change their controller. It's good for FPS games, but that is IT. I've played tons of titles on the XBox controller, and though Controller S was 10x better than the original, it still could use a LOT of help.

Dyne
05-03-2005, 09:12 PM
It looks like a carved S with the start/back buttons in a different place.

I wonder how big it is.

Crash
05-03-2005, 09:13 PM
this is probably the developers controller... they wouldn't want it to be wireless.

GameMaster
05-03-2005, 09:37 PM
OMFG! I've seen higher quality children's toys on the sales rack at K-Mart! That looks like a total piece of ****!

I think I'll stick on the safe side and use the promotional Xbox 360 toy controller that'll be coming in Happy Meals. I'm bound to have greater success with it.

Null
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
this is probably the developers controller... they wouldn't want it to be wireless.

i was kinda thinkin this too, like a early model of it.

becuase its missing my most interesting feature, what looked to be a track ball in other pics. but thers almost a cut out there of where it was.

So perhaps its a very early model. I hopes it has that track ball. i was excited about that.

Dark Samurai
05-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Just looks like a white Xbox controller to me...

Theres no difference... aside from the black and white buttons...

Swan
05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Just looks like a white Xbox controller to me...

Theres no difference... aside from the black and white buttons...
Exactly, a dumbed down Xbox controller.

DarrenMcLeod
05-03-2005, 11:17 PM
i was kinda thinkin this too, like a early model of it.

becuase its missing my most interesting feature, what looked to be a track ball in other pics. but thers almost a cut out there of where it was.

So perhaps its a very early model. I hopes it has that track ball. i was excited about that.
I'm thinking they'll just put a nice big X in that space, just like last time.

Canyarion
05-04-2005, 06:21 AM
I didn't think it was a track ball in that other picture. Just a bad point of view of the circel you also see in this one.

jeepnut
05-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Null, why would you want a track ball right in the center of the controller? Seems pretty worthless there. If they make the controller with one, it needs to be more accessible.

Null
05-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Null, why would you want a track ball right in the center of the controller? Seems pretty worthless there. If they make the controller with one, it needs to be more accessible.

because it would be better then not having one at all.
and judging by the size of his thumb in that pic, i dont think it would be that hard to reach. And you wouldnt really be using the right buttons if you use the trackball. think about it for menus using it to move around a cursor, the 2 buttons on either side of it, left and right click like a mouse. and normally you dont use a trackball with your thumb anyway. so its not going to make a huge difference, you hold it with your left hand, use your fingers on your right hand to move it around.

I didn't think it was a track ball in that other picture. Just a bad point of view of the circel you also see in this one.

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/6281866875464054.JPG?0.6710226578749192

im sorry, but thiere is DEFINENTLY something more there then a slight indentation. im not saying its def a track ball, but it IS rounded in that picture. with a clear gap around the outter edge.

[edit] it could also very well be a button, didnt some article somewhere say the controller will feature a button to go directly onto xbox live? a button is a good pissibility, but its definently more then an indent in that pic.