PDA

View Full Version : Revolution BLOWOUT!!!

Crash
05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Here you go:

Brooke got some things right, but much of it is flawed. I don’t know whether he just made up a lot of that stuff, because many of the points have been disproven before. For instance, Game Informer wrote an article on the next generation consoles in which it claims the Revolution’s controller will have one giant touch screen. I’m thinking this is where Brooke got that idea. The Revolution will not have a touch screen. Iwata has stated this before. The controller will be quite normal in the sense that it will have a d-pad and buttons. Like I said, I’m not going to tell you the revolutionary aspect of the system. Nintendo has some cool pre E3 plans for that.

First off, the 3D visuals he mentioned have nothing to do with the system. Nintendo isn’t crazy.

It will also have gyroscopic controls, but like Brooke said, not all the games will use it. For instance, earlier I mentioned Nintendo has a Halo killer in development for the Revolution. This game will use the gyroscopic controls for aiming as wel as other things. Our game isn’t using this function.

The controller will be wireless; he’s right about that. As you also know, the Xbox 360’s controllers will be wireless as well. Where do you think they got this idea? That’s why Nintendo is still trying to determine what to show at E3. From what I’ve heard, they will show the design of the system as well as games. I’ll tell you about the software later though.

The controller will also be pressure sensitive. The pressure you put into it will determine certain things, such as movement. This is another optional capibility. Someone on Nintendo’s board mentioned this months ago. They said that “touching is good, but feeling is better.” This may sound strange, but it provides great controls. Racing games will really be helped by this control setting.

The Nintendo Revolution will also include voice control more advanced than anything seen so far. Nintendogs is just the beginning. To achieve this, Nintendo sent us headsets (similar to ones you can use for Xbox Live) that are wirelessless communicating with the console. Imagine being able to merely call for an airstrike or reload your gun by giving out commands orally. So far, we have put this feature to the test the most; as you can see, I’m excited over this feature.

From a graphical perspective, the Nintendo Revolution is very powerful. Many people seem to think this won’t be the case, but rest assured. The games I saw while working at Nintendo were very beautiful. I’ll tell you about those later.

As Nintendo has stated before, the system will be online. In my eyes, the online system they have set up is the most revolutionary part of the system. While Sony and Microsoft are busy turning their systems into trojan horses for their other electronic devices, Nintendo is going to use the Revolution for direct communication with gamers. The only way I can describe it is as an internet service. Imagine turning it on and checking your mail on the system. You see previews and demos of DS and Revolution games that you can download. A magazine similar to Nintendo Power will be exclusive to the system, and you will be able to access it on the Revolution’s homepage. As you check you mail, you will also see various invitations from gamers on your buddy list who want to play you. There are so many other ways this is going to be used. Once the Revolution comes out, there will be no reason to hang out on message boards. Message boards as well as chat rooms will be available on the Revolution so that gamers can discuss and challenge each other all day. And the best thing is that the entire thing is totally free and easy to use. Why play Madden on Xbox Live when you’ll be able to play it for free on the Revolution with much better services?

That’s all I’m going to reveal for now. There are some very interesting games in the horizon for the Revolution; I’ll talk about them later.

Quote:
Aries Says:
April 26th, 2005 at 5:04 pm

Like Brooke said, console ideas are nothing without good games. Once you see the games, you will understand. I would go as far to say that the Revolution isn’t as revolutionary as Nintendo is saying. It should be called the Nintendo Simplicity, because every aspect I mentioned greatly simplifies the gaming experience. For instance, the pressure sensitive grips on the controller make racing games much easier to control and play. Wave Race (yes, it will be at E3) is going to be very impressive because it will use this function. It will be sort of like controlling a game with one of those stress balls. You squeeze it and you go faster. It’s hard to explain though.

Don’t expect to see too much if any of the controller at E3 though. Nintendo is still trying to decide what to show and what not to show. The games will be revealed, as well as specs and the system design. But the controller is still being considered.

To Jesus: when you see the voice controls, you will be blown away. Go back and watch some sci fi movies with voice controlled vehicles (such as AI or I am Robot).

Quote:
# Aries Says:
April 26th, 2005 at 2:14 pm

You guys are still talking about the 3D angle of that article? Check the date of the patent in question. This has already been used in a game that’s out right now. I would suggest you pay attention to IGN or N-Sider more.

Like I said, I’m going to give out some details on the next gen hardware, especially the Nintendo Revolution. You guys already know a lot of information on the Xbox 360; you guys have already seen the specs of the system. Gamespy released them around GDC. I was at GDC, and I’ll fill you in on some stuff that IGN can’t talk about. Specs and details on the Nintendo Revolution were given out to developers during the conference. I can verify that my company as well as EA and Midway received them at GDC. I’m positive other publishers received them as well.

From what I’ve heard, Capcom and Namco are sold on the Revolution and are currently playing around with the development kits. I don’t know whether they are actually making games for it though. I was suprised to hear that Square Soft has a game in development for the Revolution. It will be at E3 as well as some other next gen titles for the PS3.

I’m currently working on a game for the Revolution as well. I can’t guarantee that it will be at E3 though. I think people are going to be very suprised. When I worked with Nintendo, I was able to see the earliest builds of the system. It has come a long way, to say the least. There are a lot of graphics whores out there who feel the Revolution will be a weak system. They will be very suprised come E3. Microsoft is banking on stealing the show, but I think they will be upstaged by Nintendo as well as Sony. It’s going to be very funny to see them trying to get people excited about Perfect Dark 0 when both Nintendo and Sony will be showing off Halo killers.

Quote:
# Aries Says:
April 26th, 2005 at 3:28 pm

I’m not going to share specs with you because they aren’t really that important. I think Iwata said something like that when asked the same question. All three consoles are going to be very powerful, trust me. I’ll give you some information though: it will be more powerful than the Xbox 360. Much more powerful. Many gamers seem to think it will be as powerful as the GBA or something. That isn’t the case at all. From what I saw during my time their as well as our game, it will be very capible.

But having the most powerful console doesn’t guarantee that gamers are going to buy it. Software sells the games. And if that statement holds true next generation, the Nintendo Revolution will be very popular.

In my next post I will “spill the beans” on everything I know about the Revolution. I’ll give you some hints though. All the rumors out there are not mere rumors. Some are planted by people who are working on the consoles. In fact, Nintendo is doing this right now with the information they’ve released on the Revolution. You are going to see why Nintendo hasn’t just come out and said confirmed that the Revolution is going to be very powerful. You’re going to be punk’d by them in a couple weeks. Pay attention to the boards, especially Nintendo’s board. It’s much better than OurColony.

Quote:
Aries Says:
April 27th, 2005 at 6:10 am

Silicon
Knights is not developing for the Nintendo Revolution right now. They
will show off some Xbox 360 games at E3; I can confirm that. Matt saw
the game, and he knows what they are up to. Once he is able to talk
about it, he will reveal his information to you.

Like I said, I
know as much about Resident Evil 5 as you do. I would guess it is going
to be a current generation game. If Capcom could have it ready for the
holidays (to combat the Xbox 360), it would come out then. But that’s
just my own speculation (and hope; RE4 is amazing).

I can
confirm that Nintendo is currently working on many Revolution titles.
Most are just in the planning stages, but I have seen video of seven.
I’m sure at least three or four of these games will be at E3 in video
form. Perhaps more; we will see at E3. Outside of our game, there are
six 3rd party games that I have heard of. As I mentioned earlier,
Square Enix (happy now?) is developing a new game for the Revolution.
EA, Sega, Zoonami, Namco, and Activision are currently working on games.

3rd party information:

EA
is playing around with the Revolution’s capibilities, implementing them
into another Madden game. This isn’t really news though. From what I’ve
heard, they are really going out of their way to make this more than
just a port. Voice controls are being used to the max in this title.
Calling out audibles will be used this way. The wireless capibilities
of the system are also going to be used. Like I said, there will be no
reason to buy Madden for the Xbox 360 when the Revolution version comes
out.

Sega is developing three games for the Revolution that
should be at E3. I’m not going to reveal too much on what they are up
to for obvious reasons. The three games I listed does not include the
game we are developing for them. You will be very suprised at what they
are doing. I’m sure you have heard of the Xbox 360 title Condemned that
they are working on. This game is something that many wouldn’t expect
Sega to make; you won’t expect what you will see at E3. The other game
they have is a typical, quirky Sega game. It’s very interesting in the
sense that it uses all the system’s capibilities.

Zoonami has
already given out some hints on what they are working on. I have always
felt that Sam Fisher is a much better character than Solid Snake.
Zoonami just might have some characters that are better than both of
them.

Namco is working on a Revolution game, but I don’t have
details on it. I am sure that it is not a Soul Caliber III port. I
don’t see why they just won’t add online play and Link and Ganon to the
game and release it as a launch title. That would be a very smart move.

Activision
is working on some ports for the Revolution. You will see what they
have for the Xbox 360 at E3. At least one of these games will be ported
to the Revolution for its launch.

On 1st party information:

I said, I have seen seven Nintendo titles, some of which will be at E3.
When the DS was launced, it had one sub par 1st party game. This will
not be the case with the Revolution’s launch. If they were to release
all the games I’ve seen at launch, it would easily be the best launch
ever for a console.

I can confirm that Nintendo is working on a
new, orignal Mario game. In my opinion, the last few Miyamoto games
havn’t been that interesting. This will change with this game. Like
Mario 64 for the N64, this game will introduce all of the capibilities
of the console. It will use the pressure sensitive controls mainly, but
the voice controls as well as gyroscopic controls will be used as well.
From what I saw, this game will use mini games to introduce many of
these schemes. All of these mini games could be released as stand alone
games.

A new Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the works as well.
This game will demonstrate the online functions of the Revolution.
Nintendo has added many new things into the game, included a deeper
combat system. Many more special moves are included as well as some
very cool suprises. The levels will include some destructible
environments, and the characters will be fully customizable. Want to
play as Mario in his 80’s outfit? Or would you prefer the 90’s look?
It’s your choice. The most innovative part of the game is the different
modes. In previous games, you were allowed to play in giant mode, metal
mode, small mode, etc. That has changed. You will be able to choose to
play in a “Paper” mode (a la Paper Mario), a cel shaded mode (Wind
Waker), or Viewtiful Joe-esque mode.

As I said earlier, Retro is working on a Halo killer. This game is going to be one of the best games at E3. In my opinion, StarCraft was the best RTS ever. This game is going to use some similar ideas. In most FPS, you play as a hero trying to save the day. In Retro’s game, they allow you to choose which storyline you want to play, just like StarCraft allows you to play as Terran, Zerg, etc. Biological weapons will play a major part in the game. Imagine fighting in a chemical plant, where toxics are stored everywhere. By shooting them, you emit the toxic. If you get hit by this stuff, many different things may happen. For instance, you may lose sight on the screen, your controls might be inverted or slowed down, etc. Or, if your character gets the fever, the controller might get hot. Very hot. The alien races are very interesting also. You will be able to switch to 3rd person in order to move faster (similar to running in Odd World: Stranger’s Wrath). You will be able to “impregnate” human players by grabbing on to them for a certain amount of time. This will implant a NPC in them, which will burst out at your command, instantly killing the human player. You will then be able to use voice control to command the NPC.

E3 cannot come soon enough... waverace is going to be sweeeeeeet

gekko
05-03-2005, 06:10 PM
An industry run by idiots...

Blackmane
05-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Gekko, always the pessimist.

Alot of that sounds too good to be true. I doubt Nintendo is sneaky enough to have that good of stuff prepped for E3

Teuthida
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
...where the shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long
And anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel

Wacka wacka doodoo yeah!

Anyway, at Brooke's site anyone can post under any name and one of the Aries turned out to be an investment banker or something...you really can't believe anyone...not even Nintendo...only when the Nintendo Senphanio XII is finally sitting on your lap as you play in sweet sweet 3D technolusion can you really believe anything.

Crash
05-03-2005, 08:26 PM
This stuff is very believable, and I chalk this up to REAL!

we will know in about 12 days.

DarrenMcLeod
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
You're that confident, Crash?

Null
05-03-2005, 09:06 PM
An industry run by idiots...

indeed.

one thing i keep seeing tho, is that 'it will be more powerful then 360' and everyone acts so suprised by seeing this. WELL DUH!

thats like everyone being shocked that xbox and gc were more powerful then ps2 when released. the later ones are always more powerful, is this really news to people? ever since xbox said they were releasing thiers first, poissibly a year before competition, its been rather obvious that 360 would be the least powerful of the 3 next gen.

E3 cannot come soon enough... waverace is going to be sweeeeeeet LoL, heard that one before, omg! waverace bluestorm is going to be so awsome!!!

i hope nintendo shows a lot at E3, but i'll seriously laugh my ass off if they basically show nothing. like what they did with GC.

Bond
05-03-2005, 09:14 PM
it will be more powerful than the Xbox 360. Much more powerful
That's funny.

If they were to release all the games I’ve seen at launch, it would easily be the best launch ever for a console.
Is this guy on drugs?

As I said earlier, Retro is working on a Halo killer. This game is going to be one of the best games at E3.
Wasn't Killzone supposed to be a Halo killer? That didn't seem to pan out. And I remember that other GameCube shooter that was supposed to be a Halo killer, and that didn't pan on either. There will be no Halo killer.

GameMaster
05-03-2005, 09:34 PM
A new Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the works as well. This game will demonstrate the online functions of the Revolution. You will be able to choose to play in a “Paper” mode (a la Paper Mario), a cel shaded mode (Wind Waker), or Viewtiful Joe-esque mode.

OMFG! This is going to be the best game ever made! It will sell over 1 million copies in its first day!

Ginkasa
05-03-2005, 10:20 PM
This thread made my head hurt... So much pessimism and optimism all rolled into one...

Ow...

/me shrugs and walks away

Dark Samurai
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Online Smash Bros = Complete pwnage TO TEH MAX XrTREEMEE!!! [/endfanboyism]

Man, I wanna see a controller right about now... that, and concrete proof...

Teuthida
05-03-2005, 10:41 PM
See, the part about the Viewtiful Joe-esque mode bothers me. Unless Capcom gives them the ok or is working on the game with them there couldn't be such a mode. Or if Nintendo doesn't call it that but has something just like it they're ripping off Capcom. Another reason I don't believe this Aries.

Jonbo298
05-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I take all of this optimism with a grain of salt because this seems to 'awesome to be true'

gekko
05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
There will be no Halo killer.

All you need is a polished game and some hype. It'll happen again.

indeed.

We've been agreeing too much lately. I'm beginning to get scared. Let's talk PS2 controllers... ;)

And what's so believable? Online service? Have that now. Wireless controllers? Have that now. Better graphics than Xbox 360? And a release date a year later, I'd hope so. What would be unbelievable is if they had some new games.

Jason1
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Wasn't Killzone supposed to be a Halo killer? That didn't seem to pan out. And I remember that other GameCube shooter that was supposed to be a Halo killer, and that didn't pan on either. There will be no Halo killer.

Just because a game dosent sell as well as Halo, dosent mean its not a "Halo Killer" in a lot of people's minds. For instance, Ive played through the Origional Halo, and I whole-hearteadly believe that Metroid Prime completly kills it on every single level. Just becuase the majority of gaming idiots dont believe it, dosent mean Prime wasnt a "Halo Killer"

As for the article, Ive been reading that blog for awhile now, so naturally I read that post several days ago. Honestly, I bought most of it at first. It all sounds SO good, you WANT to believe it. But you and I both know there is no way in hell Nintendo will have an online strategy that is that good. Here's hoping im wrong. That, and IGN seems to be nowhere near as confident that Nintendo will even show off the Revolution at all. I guess we'll see for sure pretty soon...

Null
05-03-2005, 11:09 PM
All you need is a polished game and some hype. It'll happen again.

We've been agreeing too much lately. I'm beginning to get scared. Let's talk PS2 controllers... ;)

And what's so believable? Online service? Have that now. Wireless controllers? Have that now. Better graphics than Xbox 360? And a release date a year later, I'd hope so. What would be unbelievable is if they had some new games.

lol, well with quotes like thoes its hard to find things to dissagree with. its like your taking it directly out of my mind.

DarrenMcLeod
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I'll go on the record and state that if Super Smash Bros really does have this paper mode and Viewtiful Joe mode and Wind Waker mode, I'll send each active member of this forum a nice shiny dollar. It's a ridiculous idea... it's pointless. It won't happen.

Acebot44
05-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Weee, money! :D

Crash
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
I'll go on the record and state that if Super Smash Bros really does have this paper mode and Viewtiful Joe mode and Wind Waker mode, I'll send each active member of this forum a nice shiny dollar. It's a ridiculous idea... it's pointless. It won't happen.

agreed they'll never do that

¤
05-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Or would they?

Solid Snake
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
If Super Smash Bros online is a launch title I will be buying this console on the launch date. As for a Halo Killer, the only game that will kill Halo is Perfect Dark Zero.

I don't think you will see a big difference in graphics when comparing all three next gen systems no matter how powerfull they are.

Null
05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
As for a Halo Killer, the only game that will kill Halo is Perfect Dark Zero.

I don't think you will see a big difference in graphics when comparing all three next gen systems no matter how powerfull they are.

And what are you basing that off? how do you come to the conclusion that PD0 will beat halo (not that thats difficult to do, many already beat halo years before halo was out, not a great game, just greatly hyped) i mean, you have really nothing to go on with PD0, havnt seen it, dont know how it will be, you dont even have any previous games from the makers to base it off of to see what they can do. Perhaps the people making PD0 suck at FPS games, we just dont know. I sure wouldnt assume anything of that game yet.

as for graphics, more power always lets em do more, maybe not at the beginning of the console lives. but later in thier lives you will see a difference in what the extra power lets em do.

Crash
05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
a long time ago, wasn't perfect dark being made into a stealth game? I'd laugh my ass off it it came out like that!

Null
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
what, you mean like Metal Gear type stealth? 3rd person / first person mix?

Canyarion
05-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Didn't they make her cel-shaded? That was sooooo funny. :p
I think Rare showed some 'cartooned' pictures of Joanna when they were just bought by M$.

Solid Snake
05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
And what are you basing that off? how do you come to the conclusion that PD0 will beat halo (not that thats difficult to do, many already beat halo years before halo was out, not a great game, just greatly hyped) i mean, you have really nothing to go on with PD0, havnt seen it, dont know how it will be, you dont even have any previous games from the makers to base it off of to see what they can do. Perhaps the people making PD0 suck at FPS games, we just dont know. I sure wouldnt assume anything of that game yet.

as for graphics, more power always lets em do more, maybe not at the beginning of the console lives. but later in thier lives you will see a difference in what the extra power lets em do.

The only reason I say Perfect Dark 0 will kill Halo is because right now I would much rather have PDZ than Halo 3 and I know there are several others out there that feel the same way (refer to Halo 3 vs PDZ thread). The original in my opinion was the best FPS for last generation gaming and all Rare would have to do to make PDZ great is approve upon the original.

Null
05-04-2005, 02:27 PM
the original has nothing to do with it tho. it might as well be a whole new company making it. because none of the ppl who made PD are still there to make PD0. they dont just have to improve apon the original, they have to figure out why the original was good, (which coinsadently was on egm's top 10 most overated games list :p)

Solid Snake
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
The original has everyting to do with it, you don't think Rare has any idea of what made that game great? If they don't know what made it great all they have to do is dust off their N64's and play it. The best feature by far was the new innovative weapons with lots of variety and secondary functions, all packaged into a game with great level design, smart AI, awsome graphics, and still the most custimizable multiplayer ever. PDZ, if it is even slightly like the original, will be worth buying for the online multiplayer alone. (I will shoot myself if they make PDZ a third/first person shooter).

I am sorry I even brought this up in a REVOLUTION forum. The Revolution has a game that is number 2 on my list of most wanted, which is Super Smash Bros. I think Super Smash Bros is perhaps the best multiplayer game ever invented that is non FPS. I can't wait to see how they improve the combat. Favorite characters: Fox, Link, and Shiek.

Null
05-04-2005, 02:50 PM
If all they have to do is dust it off and play it, and say oh! thats what we need to do! Then why are there so many bad FPS games? why dont they just look up a good FPS game and go OH! thats the secret, then BAM, puts out a good game like that.

Im sorry but its exactly the same as giving the project over to a totally different company. If they dont know what they're doing, the game isnt going to be good. Theres a whole lot more to making a good FPS game, envoironment, conrols, story, level design, etc. just because some people made one considered to be good, doesnt mean totally different people can repeat it just because they have access to the game.

I hope its good, but i remain very doubtful that it will be. i respect your optimism tho, but at this point, thats all it is. hope.

thatmariolover
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
If all they have to do is dust it off and play it, and say oh! thats what we need to do! Then why are there so many bad FPS games? why dont they just look up a good FPS game and go OH! thats the secret, then BAM, puts out a good game like that.

Im sorry but its exactly the same as giving the project over to a totally different company. If they dont know what they're doing, the game isnt going to be good. Theres a whole lot more to making a good FPS game, envoironment, conrols, story, level design, etc. just because some people made one considered to be good, doesnt mean totally different people can repeat it just because they have access to the game.

I hope its good, but i remain very doubtful that it will be. i respect your optimism tho, but at this point, thats all it is. hope.

Exactly. I'd pick Time Splitters 2 or 3 over Perfect Zero or the Goldeneye remake anyday.

DarrenMcLeod
05-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Exactly. I'd pick Time Splitters 2 or 3 over Perfect Zero or the Goldeneye remake anyday.
Yeah. I also think we have to remember that Rare was lucky that Nintendo would give them all the time in the world and delay, delay, delay. Microsoft doesn't give companies as much time with delays (See: Halo 2), and I doubt Rare will get as much time as they want... although the game has been in development for 80 years, so they should've had a good amount of time.

Canyarion
05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Rare was very lucky that they had the help from Nintendo game developers. Even Miyamoto helped them with some games, if I'm right.

When M$ bought Rare, they bought their delays with it, I assume. You can't push Rare.

MuGen
05-04-2005, 03:42 PM
The closer we get to E3, the more speculation and hype will arise. I expect many rumors and many supposed facts to come out.

But the truest fact that we can all agree on is that, We won't know anything for certain until E3

Teuthida
05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
IGN's Matt debunks Aries:

I guess lots of people have been waiting for me to comment on these posts and either qualify or disqualify the guy. So here it is. Everything he's said is true. Completely true. I can't believe he spilled it all already!

If you immediately stopped reading and raced to the message boards to post a "Matt Confirms!!!11" topic, you've really made a jackass out of yourself. Well done. If, on the other hand, you've continued reading, even better.

Honestly, this Aries guy is a fake. But I have to give to him: he's a pretty good one. He's definitely on top of the industry and some of his predictions -- guesses, even -- are logical. He's made an accurate guess or two about certain things not related to Revolution. And he remains just vague enough in most cases to perpetuate his credibility.

But he goes too far. The simple truth is that nobody in the industry, except for possibly Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda, could know as much about Revolution as this guy claims he does. I don't care if he worked for Nintendo of America for 30 years. Nobody at Nintendo of America, including the highest-ranking executive, has the kind of access Aries professes he does. Nobody. And I have enough contacts in the development industry to know that advanced Revolution hardware is not in high circulation. I mean, some of the biggest publishers out there have yet to receive any information on the platform. Trust me on this. Some of these outlandish claims Aries makes are just bogus. And that's really the biggest giveaway.

I'm sure some of you would love to believe the guy. He makes Nintendo look like gold. But don't. Wait a couple weeks for the real deal.

And there you have it folks.

Jason1
05-04-2005, 08:32 PM
yea, I knew it was too good to be true. Oh well...

DarrenMcLeod
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Yep. Matt's really not discreditting it all, just discreditting the source because he realizes that there is way too much information for the guy to be who he says he is.

Crash
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
and we all know that matt cassimina is a huge sony fanboy so that throws that out the window... he sucks anyways....

Ginkasa
05-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Was that sarcasm...? I hope so...

/me shrugs and walks away

BlueFire
05-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Was that sarcasm...? I hope so...

* Link1130 shrugs and walks away
I hope so too...

Canyarion
05-05-2005, 04:20 AM
I hope so three. :)

Neo
05-05-2005, 10:07 AM
http://images.marketworks.com/hi/50/49711/no0981.jpg

Dark Samurai
05-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats the kind of patience I'm talking about, waiting for Nintendo to tell me whats up with things over at NINTENDO!

Neo
05-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Encouraging news....IGN has confirmed that Nintendo will show Revolution at E3 and discuss its design. In addition there will be videos of Revolution games. They will not however show the controller. Things this Aries guy said are starting to come true.

Jonbo298
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Microsoft and Sony will fight for first. I predict it to be Sony: First place. Microsoft: Second place (people are still gonna be brainwashed by Sony). Third Place: Nintendo because they think being secret is fun.

When will they ever learn....

DarrenMcLeod
05-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Microsoft and Sony will fight for first. I predict it to be Sony: First place. Microsoft: Second place (people are still gonna be brainwashed by Sony). Third Place: Nintendo because they think being secret is fun.

When will they ever learn....
Brainwashed by Sony? What the hell does that mean?

gekko
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
By looking at this current generation, I would go for Microsoft next gen, not necessarily in sales, but the console I'd want most.

But Microsoft and Sony are competing to see who can make the worst decision. So I'm down to one hope, Revolution. The only console that has not disappointed me, because to do that, they would have had to say something about it.

Crash
05-12-2005, 02:51 AM
By looking at this current generation, I would go for Microsoft next gen, not necessarily in sales, but the console I'd want most.

But Microsoft and Sony are competing to see who can make the worst decision. So I'm down to one hope, Revolution. The only console that has not disappointed me, because to do that, they would have had to say something about it.

that's because you can't play no damn donkey konga on a microsoft or sony console!

used to be true with Super Monkey BALLS.. but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gekko
05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is the ugliest thing I've ever seen on PS2. Down right disgusting. It should be a wake up call to PS2 owners that the control sucks. *insert Null rebuttal here*

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on Xbox isn't too bad, but the controls are awful in comparison to Gamecube. You don't have nearly the control over the monkey, especially on the thin lines. I finally got some new Japanese controllers, going to give those a try with it, because there is less tension on the analog sticks, but I'd still stick with it on Gamecube. What pisses me off more is they ruined the bowling physics.

As for Donkey Konga, take out DK and you can play it on PS2.

Dyne
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is the ugliest thing I've ever seen on PS2. Down right disgusting. It should be a wake up call to PS2 owners that the control sucks. *insert Null rebuttal here*

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on Xbox isn't too bad, but the controls are awful in comparison to Gamecube. You don't have nearly the control over the monkey, especially on the thin lines. I finally got some new Japanese controllers, going to give those a try with it, because there is less tension on the analog sticks, but I'd still stick with it on Gamecube. What pisses me off more is they ruined the bowling physics.

As for Donkey Konga, take out DK and you can play it on PS2.

Well, Taiko Drum Master is about the same fun in the end. It's a little more difficult, yeah, but I've never played a Taiko that's registered properly. It's an annoying piece of crap.

The DK bongos are a bit more nice to you, but unfortunately you pay with a lesser difficulty. I wonder if Konga 2 is going to be harder.

gekko
05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Taiko Drum Master will be at my house tomorrow.

As for Konga 2, not sure how much harder it is. Different music more than anything else. Same with Konga 3. New minigames and stuff, a lot more music.

But the music in the Japanese game is so much better.

Crash
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
did you get dk2... i'm getting it tonight.

gekko
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Ya, I picked it up. Didn't play it too much, just listened to the music, did a few roungs, and played the minigames.

DarrenMcLeod
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I stil don't even have a set of Bongos. I want Jungle Beat... badly. Might pick it up soon.

Dark Samurai
05-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I stil don't even have a set of Bongos. I want Jungle Beat... badly. Might pick it up soon.

You should. That game is fun!

Crash
05-12-2005, 10:33 PM

I just got my second set of bongoes with Donkey konga 2... awesome game. Even more fun than the first. They did the beats better... too good, worth every cent.

Dyne
05-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Wait, Konga 2 is out already? I didn't see it at Best Buy today. Maybe it's not out in Canada yet.

dropCGCF
05-14-2005, 11:47 AM
The Revolution is emulating the hype of the Dreamcast, in a way.

Crash
05-14-2005, 11:54 AM
The Revolution is emulating the hype of the Dreamcast, in a way.

heh, xbox2 is the dreamcast clone... white console? :D

dropCGCF
05-14-2005, 12:30 PM
heh, xbox2 is the dreamcast clone... white console? :D

I mean look at it. I remember the EGM from when Dreamcast came out, and the Revolution sounds SO much like it. The Dreamcast was powerful, had about 30 launch games...

DarrenMcLeod
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I just got my second set of bongoes with Donkey konga 2... awesome game. Even more fun than the first. They did the beats better... too good, worth every cent.
I just bought Jungle Beat today. Man that is some old school platforming goodness at its best. These bongos are so much fun that I'm definitely gonna get a Konga game soon.. should I go for DK, or DK2? I'm gonna get another set of bongos so I can play with my girlfriend... I think she'd love it.

Dyne
05-15-2005, 08:37 PM
I just bought Jungle Beat today. Man that is some old school platforming goodness at its best. These bongos are so much fun that I'm definitely gonna get a Konga game soon.. should I go for DK, or DK2? I'm gonna get another set of bongos so I can play with my girlfriend... I think she'd love it.

Love or hate.

My girlfriend won't even go near the bongos.

I ended up playing Donkey Konga on the bongos with her hands after a lot of struggling.

I got Jungle Beat too; I really like it.

Apparently DK2's music set is better.

Jason1
05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Ive been wanting to get one of the Konga related games for awhile now, theres just been too much other games ive wanted more....

Dyne
05-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Well if you're barely ever going to play multiplayer, I wouldn't bother. Single player is good and all, but the true fun is in multi.

DarrenMcLeod
05-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Love or hate.

My girlfriend won't even go near the bongos.

Yeah, my girlfriend really loves videogames that are weird and cute like this. She absolutely adores Yoshi Touch and Go, and she loved the Microphone games in Mario Party 6, so I think she'd really like that.

Crash
05-16-2005, 02:06 AM
i like the first songs better... sing sing sing with a swing