PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Rumors

Crash
04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
http://brokensaints.com/blog/?p=48

This Aries guy is claiming that he's working on a new vector man game for the revolution. If you don't want to wade through the crap here's the important stuff. Keep in mind that it could all be bs.

- the controllers are pressure sensitive
- the controllers feature gyroscopes
- the controllers will not feature any form of touch control
- the controllers are going to be wireless
- the controllers contain regular action buttons and triggers, though a D-pad is not certain yet
- the Revolution features very advanced voice recognition technology
- the Revolution will be more powerful than the Xbox 360
- the Revolution will feature a very advanced online service. Probably the best and most interesting of the three
- the Revolution wont support any form of stereoscopic imaging. At least not out of the box
- Square-Enix is developing an exclusive game for Revolution, further details are currently unkown
- Retro is working on a non-Metroid based FPS for the console’s launch which will be very mature themed
- Hal Labs is developing a brand new Smash Bros game, which will be available around launch as well
- A new Mario game is in the works which will show off all the console’s features right from launch
- NST is busy developing a new Wave Race game. It seems that it features the most lifelike water ever seen both graphically and physically and comes really close to real life
- Some completely new franchises are still at the works at Nintendo which will be featured on DS as well. Most of them are more mature-themed than we are used to with Nintendo
- Capcom, Namco, EA, Activision, Midway, Konami, Majesco and most probably some other companies, are currently developing Revolution software and seem to be quite enthusiastic about the machine

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/2360/wave1ir.gif

gekko
04-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I think tomorrow I'm going to post my own rumors. It's so incredibly easy to get people to believe you, and all you have to do is combine already existing BS with a few common sense items and the whole internet world will go crazy.

Solid Snake
04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Would be really good for Nintendo if those statements turn out to be true. I am really looking forward to an online Super Smash Bros and would be even better if in 3D.

Typhoid
04-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I heard it will run on hamster power, but they might upgrade to Marmosets at the last minute.

gekko
04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I heard there's a limited edition with WebTV and a titanium hamster wheel.

jeepnut
04-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Would be really good for Nintendo if those statements turn out to be true. I am really looking forward to an online Super Smash Bros and would be even better if in 3D.

For some reason, I think 3D would ruin Super Smash Brothers.

GameMaster
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Hal Labs is developing a brand new Smash Bros game, which will be available around launch as well

No need to hear more, I'd be willing to shell out $600 for this feature alone. Sold!

Teuthida
04-28-2005, 11:40 PM
http://brokensaints.com/blog/?p=48

This Aries guy is claiming that he's working on a new vector man game for the revolution. If you don't want to wade through the crap here's the important stuff. Keep in mind that it could all be bs.

- the controllers are pressure sensitive
- the controllers feature gyroscopes
- the controllers will not feature any form of touch control
- the controllers are going to be wireless
- the controllers contain regular action buttons and triggers, though a D-pad is not certain yet
- the Revolution features very advanced voice recognition technology
- the Revolution will be more powerful than the Xbox 360
- the Revolution will feature a very advanced online service. Probably the best and most interesting of the three
- the Revolution wont support any form of stereoscopic imaging. At least not out of the box
- Square-Enix is developing an exclusive game for Revolution, further details are currently unkown
- Retro is working on a non-Metroid based FPS for the console’s launch which will be very mature themed
- Hal Labs is developing a brand new Smash Bros game, which will be available around launch as well
- A new Mario game is in the works which will show off all the console’s features right from launch
- NST is busy developing a new Wave Race game. It seems that it features the most lifelike water ever seen both graphically and physically and comes really close to real life
- Some completely new franchises are still at the works at Nintendo which will be featured on DS as well. Most of them are more mature-themed than we are used to with Nintendo
- Capcom, Namco, EA, Activision, Midway, Konami, Majesco and most probably some other companies, are currently developing Revolution software and seem to be quite enthusiastic about the machine

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/2360/wave1ir.gif

Responses in order:

- Why?
- I don't get why everyone is so damn excited about gyros. Was annoying in Kirby Tilt n Tumble. Not a way I wanna play my games.
- *shrug* Suppose that's good.
- Hopefully will have rumble though. And will be rechargable rather than taking two AA's.
- Regular regular or Nintendo regular? It's gonna be weird probably. And D-pad...screw analog and gyros...I needs me a D-pad.
- F*ck voice recognition. If you met me in real life you'd think I was a mute. Not a fan of talking.
- Pretty easy to be more powerful than 360.
- Intrigued about the online service.
- Hmm...at least not out of the box...can we say add-on?
- Don't care for Square-Enix games but sure to help Nintendo sell some systems.
- Ah, screw that. Rather they make a 3rd person Metroid game...and I wonder if it will really be a FPS or some other pseudo-first-person mumbojumbo. And if they have to say it's mature then it's not worth considering.
- Please add Squirtle or some Kirby character. DeDeDe would so kick-ass...doubt they would have my beloved Squishy.
- As long as Mario isn't playing basketball with NBA players I'll be happy.
- Eh.
- Again I hate that they have to point out that a title is "teh mature" for it to sell. Though if that means FPS on DS should be very good. If one system should have a crapload of FPS games, DS is it.
- Good to hear...well the first two companies anyway. And where art thou Sega?

Canyarion
04-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Hm I might not read any rumors anymore before E³. This is getting very confusing and a bit boring.

Null
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM

most thoes rumors are pretty stupid. i dont know who actually believes some of em.

However this one actually made me laugh. i still have my doubts about how much nintendo will truely be into online gaming. and even then. they have a LOT of catching up to do. expecially to MS who knows what they are doing online. im pretty sure MS will have the best online service by improving apon xbox live. i think sony will catch up greatly with thiers. nintendo tho... They havent even really tinkered and tested with online gaming yet. i see a few games going online because of the demand. but the service no where near as good as the other 2. I hope its good, i hope its great, and i hope a lot of my fav nintendo games get the support. However sadly i dont see a lot happening in this gen for nintendo in that. you cant make something the best when you still dont believe in it. nintendo still says its a fad and real gamers dont want online gaming.

gekko
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Microsoft never tinkered or tested theirs before, and look how it turned out.

With a new generation comes a new slate. Microsoft had the huge advantage, because they planned for the system to be online, and developed the system around it. Upgradable system, hard drive. It was a smart move.

But they didn't start out so hot. They gradually figured out what works, and what doesn't. But they figured it out for everyone else too. It's just as easy for Nintendo or Sony to implement those ideas as it is Microsoft.

But that being said... attitudes don't change, and Microsoft will probably once again care about online play more than their competitors. But then there's talks about not having a hard drive, so maybe not.

It might just be me, but I'm not excited about the next generation in the least. Just give me Phantasy Star Universe and it'll hold me over for a few years.

Null
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Microsoft never tinkered or tested theirs before, and look how it turned out.

hell yes they did. Mirosoft has been doing stuff with online servers, services and games long before the xbox was around. They KNEW what they needed to get done and start off with. they made some mistakes, and got lucky one some stuff. but they had a good idea what to do well before hand.

And all this time while they've had xbox live. they've been thinking of more things they'd like it to have and do. meanwhile nintendo has not, even if nintendo completely copies xbox live, ms still has an advantage of having a longer time to think up new things for it.

thank you for bringing up the HD part tho, i forgot about that. thats the really iffy part for MS. if ms goes ahead and releases one with and one without a hd, thats spelling a lot of trouble for them in terms of online gaming.

I really just dont think, with nintendos mind set towards onling gaming, that they'll produce andything even close to xbox live and sonys. its like you have some person who really wants to make something. and another whos being forced to make something.

MuGen
04-29-2005, 02:59 PM
You think MS will follow in Sony's path and not charge for LIVE?

Null
04-29-2005, 03:34 PM
i'm pretty sure ms will still charge, my question is whether sony will or not.

gekko
04-29-2005, 03:38 PM
its like you have some person who really wants to make something. and another whos being forced to make something.
Probably the best way I've ever seen it put.

MuGen
04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Well I guess MS charges cuz their LIVE is a better built online system, whilst Sony's just gives you access to play online. You could say XBOX LIVE is a ISP in a sense.

But I highly doubt Sony will charge for their service unless they make it as good as XBOX LIVE.

DarrenMcLeod
04-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I think that Nintendo's could be comparable to XBox Live... I mean really... Microsoft did all the hard work of implementing a great system, and then the others just need to take what MS did, and tweak it as they see fit. Just like Sony did with PSP (take ideas from Gameboys, add better ones), and Microsoft did with Xbox itself (take ideas from Sega, Sony, Nintendo, and change what they want.)

Null
04-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Well I guess MS charges cuz their LIVE is a better built online system, whilst Sony's just gives you access to play online. You could say XBOX LIVE is a ISP in a sense.

But I highly doubt Sony will charge for their service unless they make it as good as XBOX LIVE.

sonys already said they plan on an xbox live type setup for ps3. that may mean its just got all the options but still free in an open network, but who knows.

the reason xbox live charges a fee is almost as you said its an isp of sorts, your logging into a MS closed network. with ms's servers hosting the games you play on. PS2 had an open network, where the users hosted the games and sony didnt have to setup the servers.

but thats also the reason why Sony was able to play FFX cross platform and xbox couldnt. xbox couldnt 'dial out' of its own network to others. it was stuck in its own.

i'm hoping for both this time have a cross between the 2. service as good as xbox live and better, however able to have the ability to play games cross platform. IE, playing games like Quake 4 online against PC players.

DarrenMcLeod
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
i'm hoping for both this time have a cross between the 2. service as good as xbox live and better, however able to have the ability to play games cross platform. IE, playing games like Quake 4 online against PC players.
You better hope there's a USB port for mouse and keyboard then, otherwise you'd get owned.

Null
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
You better hope there's a USB port for mouse and keyboard then, otherwise you'd get owned.

*looks around* perhaps you just didnt know who you were quoting :P im like the biggest PC fps person on this board. im the one always arguing how much better mouse/keyboard is. and my biggest wishlish on the new consoles is full mouse/keyboard support for every game.
I wouldnt be playin the console version, i'd be playin the PC AGAINST the people on console. I like to see the people who say you can be just as good with a controller play against the pc players. its a fun time. ;)

DarrenMcLeod
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
*looks around* perhaps you just didnt know who you were quoting :P im like the biggest PC fps person on this board. im the one always arguing how much better mouse/keyboard is. and my biggest wishlish on the new consoles is full mouse/keyboard support for every game.
I wouldnt be playin the console version, i'd be playin the PC AGAINST the people on console. I like to see the people who say you can be just as good with a controller play against the pc players. its a fun time. ;)
Yeah, my buddy kept saying that about the Xbox controller. Said he could take on anyone with a mouse and keyboard... hahaha