PDA

View Full Version : Retro Fix- Salute Your Shorts

BreakABone
04-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, I figure this could be a new feature on GT that simply highlights a show, toy or something we miss from the past.

If not it atleast allows me to talk about one of the best shows ever.

Salute Your Shorts was an ancient show that aired on Nick back in the early 90s about a camp, Camp Aranwana or however you spell it, camp counselor, Ug and 7 of its campers.

It was a great show, and I recently downloaded a few episodes and it still holds up as a pretty good show, if not a bit dated but what isn't.

For a bit of nostalgia, here is the intro.

http://www.sydlexia.com/goodies/SYS_theme.avi

Acebot44
04-28-2005, 08:03 PM
If I remember correctly, the episode with the plunger dude, Zeke, was my favorite.

Ginkasa
04-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I used to watch this way long ago. The only thing I remember, though, is the episode where the two "bullies" of the camp (I think they were more troublemakers than real bullies, though...) faked throw up with toothpaste and some other stuff to get out of swimming or something.

I also remember one of the guys played John Connor's punk friend in T2...

/me shrugs and walks away

The Germanator
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Salute Your Shorts is definitely a great oldie... Link, are you thinking of Budnick and Donkeylips as the two "bullies?" They need to put that, Hey Dude and Pete & Pete all on DVD immediately...Some really lame shows get the DVD treatment but they don't put some classics out, sad...

Speaking of short-lived good shows, I'm in the process of downloading the entire series of "That's My Bush." It's a shame that it's in a 1 gig torrent file instead of seperate episodes though...

Jason1
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
*sheds a tear*

That was beautiful....

DeathsHand
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
They need to put that, Hey Dude and Pete & Pete all on DVD immediately...Some really lame shows get the DVD treatment but they don't put some classics out, sad...

Pete and Pete (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Y08LA/qid=1114736542/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-4614487-8267133?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846) is coming out on DVD in May... season 1 at least...

Anyways Salute your Shorts was like one of my favoritest Nickelodeon shows as a wee boy... I agree, DVD... Hey Dude however I could live without..

I'm pullin' for a Rocko DVD release...

Teuthida
04-28-2005, 10:07 PM
If I remember correctly, the episode with the plunger dude, Zeke, was my favorite.

Flashbacks of his horribly freaky face...*shudder*

Low and behold at zeketheplumber.com you can buy t-shirts:
http://www.zeketheplumber.com/images/shirt_metro_blue.jpg

It surprizes me how many live action kid shows I miss and used to watch...man I miss having cable...

Salute Your Shorts

Hey Dude

The Adventures of Pete and Pete

Clarissa Explains It All

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

What Would You Do? (Better than Double Dare IMO)

Wild and Crazy Kids

The Tomorrow People

Nick Arcade

Guts

You Can't Do that on Television (that show used to seriously freak me out)

Welcome Freshmen

Secret World of Alex Mack

All That (was good when I had cable...heard it's still on but sucks now?)

Eureka's Castle (they were puppets but was still live-action)

The Elephant Show

Pinwheel

Today's Special

NOT ON NICK:

Eerie, Indiana

Land of the Lost

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

DimHalo
04-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Loved Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude.

Big fan of Alex Mack and Clarissa Explains it all (would love to have that on DVD)

DeathsHand
04-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Clarissa Explains it all (would love to have that on DVD)

From the same DVD series as Pete and Pete (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Y08LK/qid=1114755463/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-4614487-8267133?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)

Unfortunately I think those are the only two series being released on DVD so far...

DimHalo
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
From the same DVD series as Pete and Pete (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Y08LK/qid=1114755463/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-4614487-8267133?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)

Unfortunately I think those are the only two series being released on DVD so far...

Sweet, maybe someone will get it for me for Graduation :p

I just got Jem on DVD (don't know if the guys would remember that cartoon)

Storm Eagle
05-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Flashbacks of his horribly freaky face...*shudder*

Low and behold at zeketheplumber.com you can buy t-shirts:
http://www.zeketheplumber.com/images/shirt_metro_blue.jpg

It surprizes me how many live action kid shows I miss and used to watch...man I miss having cable...

Salute Your Shorts

Hey Dude

The Adventures of Pete and Pete

Clarissa Explains It All

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

What Would You Do? (Better than Double Dare IMO)

Wild and Crazy Kids

The Tomorrow People

Nick Arcade

Guts

You Can't Do that on Television (that show used to seriously freak me out)

Welcome Freshmen

Secret World of Alex Mack

All That (was good when I had cable...heard it's still on but sucks now?)

Eureka's Castle (they were puppets but was still live-action)

The Elephant Show

Pinwheel

Today's Special

I remember all those shows. I also enjoyed Nickelodeon game shows such as Double Dare (all versions), Finders Keepers, Make The Grade, Think Fast, Get The Picture, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Nick Arcade. God bless Nick GAS. I'm upset that they dropped Make The Grade and Think Fast from their schedule though.

I remember being obsessed with Fifteen also. It went four seasons, and it seemed like another season was intended to come, but didn't since it reached its 65 episode limit (that's the standard for Nickelodeon shows) and was never renewed. Even so, I'd still like for that show to be released on DVD. I have all the episodes from the first three seasons on tape, but they've probably worn out already.

I just got Jem on DVD (don't know if the guys would remember that cartoon)

I do.

Typhoid
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I sort of miss Gladiators. I hate to say it, but I watched it. In all of its mulleted glory.

Same with Duckman. (Although its not as old as others mentioned.)