PDA

View Full Version : Next-Gen Advances

MuGen
04-27-2005, 11:31 AM
April 27, 2005 -- According to recent research and studies on the advances of today's technology, Xylon Media Group has speculated a larger advance in graphical power in the next-generation console industry. Currently the present generation delivers an impressive 128-bit graphics engine in the Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube, and Sony Playstation 2.

Speculation that the next-generation will bring 256-bit graphic engines according to recent patterns. However the recent technology advances that have been discovered such as Sony's new chip, codenamed "CELL" suggest capabilities of so much more.

An insider source also hints that Nintendo has also been working under high level secrecy on a new chipset that resembles CELL's architecture and even presents clock speeds that match CELL. Although Nintendo has not commented on the above speculation, they have not denied this either.

Xylon Media Group has predicted that the next-generation will be able to sport a 512-bit graphics engine. But all the more, speculation always follows hype. Electronics Entertainment Expo 2005 will reveal it all to us in the wait for amazing consoles.

I just got my May issue, and this is one of the articles inside.

Comment: You think this is the reason Nintendo is keeping such tight wraps on the Rev? A newer chipset like CELL?

Well in any case it's all speculation....

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I keep hearing Nintendo's new chipset (codenamed Starfall) is supposedly equal or 1.5 times more powerful than Sony's CELL. While it's only speculation, we have to remember that every speculation made in the past about Nintendo's consoles has ended up being true, if not truer.

DarrenMcLeod
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I heard that it's actually going to be a 16 bit console, to relive the glory days.

Blackmane
04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Um, I didn't think that all the consoles from this gen were 128 bit. Haven't we been over this before, that bits have very little to do with the power of the console anymore? I think GameInformer may be a little mis-informed.

Countered

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Nintendo might need some extra power to get those 3D images done, together with the gyros.

MuGen
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I keep hearing Nintendo's new chipset (codenamed Starfall) is supposedly equal or 1.5 times more powerful than Sony's CELL. While it's only speculation, we have to remember that every speculation made in the past about Nintendo's consoles has ended up being true, if not truer.

Are you telling the truth about this? I've never heard anything about STARFALL from Nintendo or any leaked rumors.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
When has he been speaking the truth lately?

Dyne
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Um, I didn't think that all the consoles from this gen were 128 bit. Haven't we been over this before, that bits have very little to do with the power of the console anymore? I think GameInformer may be a little mis-informed.

Countered

Give this man a cookie.

PS2 is 128-bit.
Gamecube is 64-bit.
Xbox is 32-bit.

Bits mean ****.

Countered isn't the right word here. The right word here is.. Debunked!

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Are you telling the truth about this? I've never heard anything about STARFALL from Nintendo or any leaked rumors.

I've read about it at a few forums and in an online magazine for whatever that's worth. Maybe nothing. :(