PDA

View Full Version : Ok. This guy is "in the position to know"....

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 06:59 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/607/607437p1.html

At the core of the theory sits how Revolution will display games: through a form of real-time 3D projection. Apperantly the movie industry wants to use this for movies in 2007.
Burgess claims to know an agent who spoke to Robert Rodriguez, stating they knew of a game machine that would exploit this new wave of 3D entertainment well before Hollywood could jump in on the market.
Burgess goes on to say he spoke to an industry friend about his new theory, to which the industry friend said that Nintendo had shown a real-time 3D add-on for GameCube behind closed doors. When? At last year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles.
Burgess claims the Revolution will certainly sport wireless controllers, among other, unknown wireless capabilities. Also, according to Burgess, the Revolution controller will feature either a touch-screen or some form of proprietary PDA device. Nintendo has the technology, might as well use it.
As for gyroscopic controllers, the Revolution will indeed use them. Burgess references several inside "sources" who claim they know Revolution controllers will support positional shifts as experienced in Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble. Not all games will support the feature, but Burgess states that at least one Revolution launch title will.
:)

If true, me happy! :D

MuGen
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Come on now... not to bash anything about the Revolution but what's wrong with having majority of games supporting the feature...

1 title taking advantage of the Revolution's new features?

The revolution will probably end up being an awesome console, but it does nothing to have one game exploit the features.....you need a couple of games so people get a feel for it.

But then again......... this isn't confirmed....

Blackmane
04-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Yea, it isn't confirmed, and it only said that the gyroscopes would be taken advantage of in one launch game. If there is indeed 3-D capabilities in this machine, then this next gen could be really exciting.

DarrenMcLeod
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
This could be something extremely true. Or it could also be something very false. Perhaps, it is even partly true, and partly false. Only time will tell.

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Burgess hints: The real-time 3D projection will be the revoltion. Gamers will literally be cast into a Matrix environment that is undistinguishable from the real world.

OMFG, that is getting insane! Nintendo is going to sweep the competition!

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
......... that's not what he said, you dork.

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
......... that's not what he said, you dork.

He said that in another article, you foolish person.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Link me, you crappy piece of sh!t!

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
It was an article linked in another forum but now the link isn't working, so either it was top secret or fake. :(

Will we be friends again? :(

Dyne
04-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Uhh yeah.

So anyways..

What if Mario 128 was the only one to use all the gimmicks of the revolution? I'd be fine with that.

Xantar
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm sure Brooke Burgess has a better idea of what's going on than we do, but some of his claims have actually been disproven. For example, Iwata himself said that the Revolution is not going to be doing 3-D projection. If you think about it, that really doesn't make sense given what Nintendo has said.

And I think the secret peripheral that was shown behind closed doors at last year's E3 was simply the microphone.

Now, there's another guy releasing info who sounds much more credible. I'd copy his posts for you, but there are too many of them and they are way too long. Just read this thread at N-sider (http://forums.n-sider.com/showthread.php?t=2316&page=18&pp=40) for more. You'll see him being quoted as Aries.

A couple interesting points are that the controllers are wireless and have gyroscopes and are pressure sensitive. I don't know what that last part means, but I'm guessing how hard you squeeze the controller has an impact.

And apparently the Revolution Online will include downloading demos, message boards, communicating with your buddies and chat rooms...all absolutely free. That could be quite something if they pull it off, and it's only what Nintendo has been saying they would do for a long time.

Stray_Bullet
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
The time of 3D projection would be a significant leap in gaming. That time is not now. That time is not in two years.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Interesting....

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 04:44 PM
That exchange between GM and Canyarion was priceless.

DarrenMcLeod
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
That exchange between GM and Canyarion was priceless.
Indeed it was.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the +rep. Oh wait, nothing. :(

GameMaster and I like to bring you a show once in a while. :)

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
rep distributed....though is it really right to encourage such slander toward fellow GTers? ...i conclude that it is.

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 05:47 PM
I have to admit, I was quite shocked by Canyarion's hostile attack. The true moment of surprise is when he dropped the S-Bomb expletive on me. I've never known Canyarion to allow such filth to come from his own mouth.

I'm glad you enjoyed us though. For a bit of doubloons, we'd be more than happy to change our act from verbal banter to physical action.

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 05:52 PM
The doubloons (or should I say doubloon) has been wired to your account. Let's see some blood.

Bond
04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Let's see GameMaster behave like a moderator.

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Wait wait wait...just hold on a minute. GameMaster is a moderator? Well, I guess that explains the colored name...but *head explodes*

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 06:05 PM
As Nintendo has stated before, the system will be online. In my eyes, the online system they have set up is the most revolutionary part of the system. While Sony and Microsoft are busy turning their systems into trojan horses for their other electronic devices, Nintendo is going to use the Revolution for direct communication with gamers. The only way I can describe it is as an internet service. Imagine turning it on and checking your mail on the system. You see previews and demos of DS and Revolution games that you can download. A magazine similar to Nintendo Power will be exclusive to the system, and you will be able to access it on the Revolution’s homepage. As you check you mail, you will also see various invitations from gamers on your buddy list who want to play you. There are so many other ways this is going to be used. Once the Revolution comes out, there will be no reason to hang out on message boards. Message boards as well as chat rooms will be available on the Revolution so that gamers can discuss and challenge each other all day. And the best thing is that the entire thing is totally free and easy to use. Why play Madden on Xbox Live when you’ll be able to play it for free on the Revolution with much better services?

If this is true, I won't be abandoning GT. It'll still be awesome though. Here's a more direct link to the stuff this Aries guy says:

http://forums.n-sider.com/showpost.php?p=53521&postcount=712

It all sounds very cool. Although I don't understand how feeling the control will work great with racing games. I can't visualize that, we'll have to wait and see.

Now where were we...

*chains Canyarion to a bed and disappears for a moment*

*emerges wearing nothing but feathers and carrying a whip*

*a sharp howl of pain is heard and some red splotches are seen on a wall near the bed*

DarrenMcLeod
04-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Those are some interesting posts. That online thing makes me very excited... although I think this guy is just blowing smoke up our asses.

Jonbo298
04-27-2005, 07:54 PM
What he is saying is AT LEAST 1 title is confirmed to use Revolution to its advantage for a launch title. Granted, its not gonna take advantage of every little bit of it but probably will be the must own title.

But I'm not surprised Nintendo is taking a more conservative aproach to their technology. Video Game developers are too lazy nowadays to take advantage of most things on a console :p

Jason1
04-27-2005, 10:15 PM
If only all that stuff that Aries guys says is really true...we can only hope.

Perfect Stu
04-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Let's see GameMaster behave like a moderator.

Now where were we...

*chains Canyarion to a bed and disappears for a moment*

*emerges wearing nothing but feathers and carrying a whip*

*a sharp howl of pain is heard and some red splotches are seen on a wall near the bed*

:unsure:

gekko
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Ya, and the Gamecube is going to be online with Star Road, and connectivity between GC and GBA is going to revolutionize how we play games. And the SD card is going to be the solution to all our memory card problems. Oh, and Dolphin is going to have a colored screen built into the controller. PS2 is going to be 1 billion times more powerful than DC. Xbox is going to have games that install on the HD.

Wake me up when reality returns to this forum.

DarrenMcLeod
04-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Ya, and the Gamecube is going to be online with Star Road, and connectivity between GC and GBA is going to revolutionize how we play games. And the SD card is going to be the solution to all our memory card problems. Oh, and Dolphin is going to have a colored screen built into the controller. PS2 is going to be 1 billion times more powerful than DC. Xbox is going to have games that install on the HD.

Best post yet. +rep.

Teuthida
04-28-2005, 06:13 PM

You've been in Iraq too long. That all happened a couple months back.