PDA

View Full Version : GameTavern Philosophers

MuGen
04-26-2005, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see some philosophy from you guys, and I mean original.

I'm going to start this challenge with...uhm.... a challenge....

Make up your own quote, that regards to life or the way of life. Must be your own and must not be a quote from Socrates or Plato

mine...

The streams of life eventually trickle down our blanket of reality, where everything may seem fabricated."

Typhoid
04-26-2005, 06:31 PM
All of us travel the same paths in life, but some of us just wander off a little in the process.

Thats all I can come up with while listening to Weezer.

Swan
04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Nothing lasts forever, especially at this age. So just live it like you want.

...I'm sorry...

ulala06
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
life is a feather duster.

dropCGCF
04-26-2005, 08:35 PM
As soon as you admit you know nothing, you're wrong.

GameMaster
04-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I made these last night:

We all emerge from something else, life is interconnected, all of us, pearls on an infinite string.

It ends when it begins and begins when it ends. That is what it is to be infinity.

And we begin again, in an infinite cycle of questions and answers.

Neither one knows when to stop or when we started, we simply continue on the path of existence.

When the waves wash away the print, a new one is formed

And now I must end, and essentially begin when we meet again, in a period time which has yet to come but has already passed.

Farewell and hello. Both the same, yet different in infinite number of ways. I walk away now, nearing closer to our next meeting.

I am you, and you are me, reflections searching within one another for the answers to the self we long to know and understand.

When I think of you and you think of me, neither is a thought, but rather two people connecting together and joining as one. Every thought is a connection, every connection a thought waiting to be thought of.

Our eyes are simply passages to soul and mind we have yet to discover or reveal, to look into someone, is to discover their essence, and to allow them to look into your eyes, is allowing them to see what they are.

A treasure is that which is undiscovered. A discovery is a treasure waiting to be treasured.

A thought is a journey which begins when you conclude it. An endless thought's beginning lies in it's unreachable end.

Questions are answers waiting to be revealed. Answers are questions waiting to be created.

Stonecutter
04-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I wrote this 4 years ago and stand by it today.

No good ever comes from neglecting to remind those we love of the reasons why.

Acebot44
04-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Being negative will prevent positive things from happening to you

MuGen
04-27-2005, 10:59 AM
The best things in life, never last forever.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Only accept compliments and critics from your friends, not from strangers.

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 12:36 PM
For every penny, there is a dreamer, for every dollar there is a wisher.

Neo
04-27-2005, 01:11 PM
The best things in life, never last forever.

Neither do the bad things.

Neo
04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Only accept compliments and critics from your friends, not from strangers.

Wouldn't strangers be more honest?

MuGen
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't strangers be more honest?

Yeah compiments from strangers mean a lot more to me at least

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Not always, because you don't know what the intentions of the strangers are. They'll probably give you a half-true compliment, just to gain your favor.

True friends won't lie to you.

Neo
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Not always, because you don't know what the intentions of the strangers are. They'll probably give you a half-true compliment, just to gain your favor.

True friends won't lie to you.

Try telling that to females. They are almost always supportive of each other especially when it comes to appearance. A girl will tell another girl she looks fine even if she looks like trash.

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Life is like a hurricane
Here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes
It's a duck-blur
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history

DuckTales (oooh ooooh)
Every day they're out there making
DuckTales (oooh ooooh)
Tales of daring do bad and good
LuckTales (oooh ooooh)

When it seems they're heading for the
Final curtain
Cool deduction never fails
That's for certain
The worst of messes
Become successes

D-D-D-Danger! Watch behind you
There's a stranger out to find you
What to do? Just grab on to some DuckTales

What to do? Just grab on to some ...

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no
DuckTales (ooh ooooh)

MuGen
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Life is like a hurricane
Here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes
It's a duck-blur
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history

DuckTales (oooh ooooh)
Every day they're out there making
DuckTales (oooh ooooh)
Tales of daring do bad and good
LuckTales (oooh ooooh)

When it seems they're heading for the
Final curtain
Cool deduction never fails
That's for certain
The worst of messes
Become successes

What to do? Just grab on to some DuckTales

What to do? Just grab on to some ...

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no
DuckTales (ooh ooooh)

:hmm:

Teuthida
04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
The life of Scrooge McDuck and the lessons it brings can be compared to the likes of Buddha or Jesus.

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Nice analysis, Dan. :D

Vampyr
04-30-2005, 12:05 AM
...I don't know how I missed this thread.

I think there is a balance when it comes to whose criticism you can trust. Most of the time you just have to know what the person is like, and it depends on what you are wanting criticised on. If I want my art to be criticised, I almost always post it on the internet for strangers to look at. My friends will say it's good so they wont hurt my feelings. Strangers on the net will tell be if it looks horrible in a heart beat, because they have nothing to gain or lose. By doing this, I am able to improve.

If I wear something new, or if I want to know if I look good, I just have to know what people are brutally honest. I know a couple people at school that will tell me, with some pleasure, if something about me looks bad. I just have to hang out with them for five minutes, and if they don't say anything, I know I have a good style.

If I want help with personal problems, I would not ask a stranger because they don't understand me or the people that my problems involve. You have to understand those things in order to help people with personal problems. I would almost always seek the guidance of a very close friend on those matters. There are only a couple people I can think of that I would go to for help on those things.

Oh, and here is my quote:

Even the whitest dove has a black shadow.

And no...I'm not being racist.