PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon suggestions/choice

Canyarion
04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
So we'll have 2 weeks between our wedding and the next university year.

I had a couple of ideas. Remember we don't have a car.

-Florence (Italy): it's the full name of my g/f, Sandra Bullock in While You Were Sleeping loves Florence, my g/f loves that movie.
-Holland: a campsite somewhere not too far away, so we can go by bike.
-France campsite: This will be hard, because we need to get there and move around without a car...
-France hotel: Easier, but more expensive.
-Spain hotel: Close to the beach, she's done that a lot of times with family/friends.

-your suggestion.

Dyne
04-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Florence, Italy sounds like a great choice.

Hawaii is also good but that's on the other side of the world for you.

Typhoid
04-26-2005, 06:06 PM
I'd say a French Hotel. Its your effing honeymoon, don't go camping. I know it doesn't matter where you go, meaning in the woods, or in a hotel, but going on a honeymoon is like the only legitamate time in your life to spoil yourself and go all out. I mean, its your freaking honeymoon!

Personally, I would either go to France, Florence, Rome, or somewhere tropical, with white sand beaches.

*dreams*

MuGen
04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Isolate yourselves in a mountain top in Norway, surrounded by crest wood dew filled grass. Wake up to see the best sunrise you've ever seen.

GameMaster
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Florence, Italy for sure.

Florence is famous for its wealth of fine art and architecture.

Swan
04-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Isolate yourselves in a mountain top in Norway, surrounded by crest wood dew filled grass. Wake up to see the best sunrise you've ever seen.
That sounds good.

Yan
04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
When's the wedding? Where's my invite? :D

P/s: I'd go for Florence... It means something to her so that should be a great idea :D

Su-Yin
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
When's the wedding? Where's my invite? :D

P/s: I'd go for Florence... It means something to her so that should be a great idea :D
agreed

Vampyr
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
French hotel on the beach. :cool:

ulala06
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Florence, Italy for sure.

Florence is famous for its wealth of fine art and architecture.

both of which are important parts of sex...

*shrug*

Jonbo298
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Florence sounds the best based off your comments :cool:

dropCGCF
04-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Florence is just SO romantic, Italy oozes honeymoon.

GameMaster
04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
both of which are important parts of sex...

*shrug*

You know what goes great with hot pizza?

Hot (fill in the blank).

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Hm...... :)

You're right, we should forget the camping stuff.
She's not really that hyped about Florence, I mentioned it once, she liked it, but nothing VERY special. :p

But yeah, it's probably the best choice. Thanks. :D

Now search some nice offers for me! :mad:

Edit: Florence is in/near Toscane, which is purdy!
http://www.nicomokveld.nl/images/TOSCANE.jpg
http://www.sylviastuurman.nl/stories/toscane/dag5/10305_All_The_Poppiiiieesss!!!!_.jpg
http://www.kriskras.be/foto2005/brochurefoto/toscane.jpg

If we're going there, it will probably be a few days in Florence and a lot more in Toscane! :D

DimHalo
04-27-2005, 09:55 AM
IF she isn't crazy about Florence then you should look for more options. But I voted for italy because it seemed like the most romantic. Romantic is key.

MuGen
04-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Norway has the best view of sunsets and sunrises... think about how romantic it would be.

Then you guys could look back at your first Sunrise/Set as newlyweds.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
The point is, she loves heat. :D

Norway will be cool for another vacation.
I'm looking into Italy now.

MuGen
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
But Norway gives you a reason to cuddle and stare at something. Bring a big blanket... and a Tent.

Canyarion
04-27-2005, 12:13 PM
If I'm going to Norway, I want to stay in a log (edit: euh what are those wooden small houses called again??). :D Just gives that extra atmosphere.
You've been there?

GameMaster
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
If I'm going to Norway, I want to stay in a log (edit: euh what are those wooden small houses called again??). :D Just gives that extra atmosphere.
You've been there?

You want to stay in a log? That doesn't seem very romantic.

Might I suggest a log cabin instead? :)

MuGen
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
You want to stay in a log? That doesn't seem very romantic.

Might I suggest a log cabin instead? :)

It's called a LOG CABIN....(hah! I'm the first!)

No, I have a friend whose Norwegian and he's the one who got me into Norse Mythology. But he tells me he wakes up everyday facing the east and he enjoys waking up cuz the Sunrise there gives off a blueish-to-yellow color, and sometimes the clouds are actually swirling around the light.

Canyarion
05-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, Italy sure is expensive. :unsure:

€300+ per person, just for a BUS trip. I can't really believe that's correct, flight tickets might be that expensive. Perhaps it's all-in....?
*continues to search*

fingersman
05-03-2005, 09:32 AM
How about traveling to Barbados? ;)
Neways, what ever location you choose I'm happy for you. Enjoy yourself.

DimHalo
05-03-2005, 10:41 AM
How about traveling to Barbados? ;)
Neways, what ever location you choose I'm happy for you. Enjoy yourself.

My sociology teacher was from Barbados. She said it was a beautiful place! Wierd food, but beautiful scenery.

Canyarion
05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Still looking. We need something cheap.... :p We might save up for Florence for some other time.

DimHalo
05-03-2005, 10:42 PM
You should just drive to Germany and stay in the woods somewhere, in a cabin. I think that would be cool.

Seclusion is romantic. Camping, not as much.

Canyarion
05-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Drive with what? I don't have my license yet (she has) and we don't have a car.
A hotel will be the most practical solution....

jeepnut
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Just about everyone in America of driving age has a car so it's easy to forget that that may not be the case everywhere.

Canyarion
05-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I've forgiven your girlfriend. :p

Good Charlotte: girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money

DimHalo
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
its good to know jeepnut has my back.

thanks for forgiving me canya

manasecret
05-09-2005, 08:09 AM
You say she likes heat, so does that mean you want beaches along with rich history?

The Amalfi Coast of Italy is beautiful and very popular. I just stayed in Sorrento, a charming small city an hour subway ride south of Naples. It's a well-kept city, not like Naples at all (staying in Naples doesn't come recommended from anyone I've met). But you're only an hour ride from the historical sites of Naples, and only 30 minutes ride from Pompeii! Everyone should see Pompeii if they go to Italy at all, it was a prosperous Roman city that was engulfed in AD 79 and perfectly preserved by the volcano Vesuvias. It's like entering a true Roman city that hasn't changed a bit for 2000 years. Also, a day trip to Vesuvias itself is possible from Sorrento, and so is a day trip to the famous island of Capri.

I really recommend Sorrento. But it can be any town along the Amalfi Coast, I think they must all be beautiful. It's just that Sorrento is close to a lot of other sights, but lets you sleep in one of the nicer and not too expensive towns along the coast.

I stayed in a hostel (which aren't honeymoon friendly! You stay in rooms with six or more people that you don't know), so I can't recommend a hotel. But I saw many nice looking ones just walking around.

Thought I'd give my two cents. Have you heard of the country of Malta? If you want heat and gorgeous beaches, the Maltese islands offer some of the best in the world. And it's part of the EU, so it's not a third-world country or anything.

Canyarion
05-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Hm that sounds really interesting, but again I say that we don't have a car (and since I don't have my license, she'd have to do all the driving alone, which sucks).
But I'll keep it mind. :)
How are prices there BTW?

manasecret
05-19-2005, 08:13 AM
No no no, I don't drive either! Travel between Sorrento--Pompeii--Naples is all by train. Or really it's a subway, the Circumvesuvian railway line specifically for those three cities. In Malta everything is accessible by bus, and Malta is super safe so no worries about getting robbed on the bus.

Sorrento is about as expensive as the rest of Italy. So if you're thinking of going to Rome or Florence or any other city, it'll be about the same price. I don't know how much it compares to Holland, but staying in Italy wasn't cheap. I don't know hotel prices because I stayed in hostels, but 5 Euros for a pint of beer wasn't uncommon, and spending 10 Euros on a cafe light lunch was usual, too.

mickydaniels
05-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm thinking that you don't have enough options.

Maybe, just maybe you could spend the whole thing going nowhere and just staying home for however long you planned to go away...........