PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Road Rage

Jason1
01-19-2002, 05:36 PM
I rented it, and it is pretty sweet. They spared nothing in this game. All the characters have unique voice samples when they pick up other players, and Its all wikedly halarious. I loved it when Bart asked Krusty whats up, and Krusty said A lot since I started using Viagara. That was great. And there are so many other funny things. Its just a really fun game overall, IMO. The 2 player mode is pretty fun too. Just about every major simpsons character is either playable, or they need to be picked up somewhere in the city. Moe, Ralph, Milhouse, Nelson, Barney, Comic book guy, Flanders, Grandpa(LMAO), the main characters, of course, and so many more. I dunno if its quite worth a buy, but if your a fan of the show, you owe it to yourself to go rent this game.

Revival
01-19-2002, 07:39 PM
I've heard awful awful awful things about the game, but I bought it anyway - Best Buy f*cked up when I ordered my digital camera, so I had a $10 gift card, so I put it towards this game.

Now, I'm not a real big fan of the Simpsons, but I have to admit that I did like this game - it is pretty cool.

gekko
01-19-2002, 08:11 PM
I can't stand the game, it sucks. Worst attempt at a crazy taxi ripoff possible. They just took Crazy Taxi and made it suck.

Revival
01-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by gekko
I can't stand the game, it sucks. Worst attempt at a crazy taxi ripoff possible. They just took Crazy Taxi and made it suck.
That's what most sites that reviewed it are saying.

Jason1
01-19-2002, 10:06 PM
I dont know how you can say it sucks Gekko...Its a lot of fun, and It has more replay value than Crazy Taxi, In my mind, and it has a FUN 2 player mode.

gekko
01-19-2002, 10:20 PM
They took the whole Crazy Taxi concept and ruined it. Crazy Taxi has much more replay value. 2 huge cities, 8 characters, and tons of minigames. I played Crazy Pyramid alone for over 200 hours. Only got sick of 3 events, and that was because they were difficult, and you didn't always complete them.

Simpsons Road Rage just makes it suck. They took out all the skill that could make you excel at Crazy Taxi, and it basically plays like Crazy Taxi 1 before you realize what you're doing.

Revival
01-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Well.. if you compare the games:

Levels
Crazy Taxi: 2 HUGE maps
Road Rage: 6 small maps

Drivers
Crazy Taxi: 4 drivers
Road Rage: 17 drivers

Now, I'm actually siding with gekko here, Crazy Taxi is better, and Road Rage is a rip-off of the game, but I sorta like it, and I spent 50 bucks on it, so I'll make the best of it. :D

gekko
01-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Crazy Taxi has 8 drivers, and 3 vehicles for each driver. Didn't you ever play CT2?

Revival
01-20-2002, 11:06 AM
I was going off of Crazy Taxi 1, not 2.

gekko
01-20-2002, 11:20 AM
You're supposed to compare it to 2, the newer one. That would be like comparing Jak and Daxter to Super Mario Bros.

Revival
01-20-2002, 11:28 AM
LOL, well I was just comparing a GameCube game (CT) to another GameCube game (RR).

Megaman
01-25-2002, 11:42 AM
You're supposed to compare it to 2, the newer one. That would be like comparing Jak and Daxter to Super Mario Bros.

If you compare Jak and Daxter to Super Mario Bros, you know that Super Mario Bros is the better game :D So that means that Simpsons is better than Crazy Taxi 2??? heheheheh

Gamer
01-25-2002, 12:25 PM
I dont like Crazy Taxi, IMO Simpsons RR is an IMPROVED version of Crazy taxi...but maybe thats just me.:rolleyes:

Revival
01-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by gamer
I dont like Crazy Taxi, IMO Simpsons RR is an IMPROVED version of Crazy taxi...but maybe thats just me.:rolleyes:
No, I'm sure there's someone else out there that has as much of a f*cked up view as you do ;)

Just kidding.. I mean, it's your opinion. It's all good :D