PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark: new info

Crash
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
looks like magazines and stuff are getting their Perfect dark info for publishing, video and pictures. And the COUNTER-co-op mode will be featured in the new game. That means one person will have control of Joanna, while the other person will have control of her arch nemesis. I think this will turn out something like how splintercell does their multiplayer. Either way, it will be cool to see!

'Quadraphenia' speaking.

It's a universal truth that you can't ever get smarter than your enemy. ok, not your enemy, What's the word? Your rival. It's the thing in front of you - the person, the problem, sometimes the game. It's the brick wall. It's there to drag you, kicking and screaming, baby like, into consciousness. It's the slap when you're born that nobody is ever supposed to remember. Cold water on your face, you know?

You play against something with no imagination - no humanity, where do you learn to be imaginative? Where do you learn to be more than human? You pay just against the box it's like a recipe for mediocrity - an invitation to stay where you are and never pass go, never collect your money.

That's why I don't want to play the game anymore. And I don't want it to just play me like I'm person A-slot B, the same as the next guy, the next finger on that button, cause I'm not. I want to play the best of the best and I don't care where they are - If I can get to them I will. This is war and I don't want to go to war against a machine. It's like in school. I want you to be more cooperative now, I want you to work with the rest of the class, do your assignments with the group. Choose the slow guy for your team-for your group.

But what if that's not my group? What if my group is across the city, in another country, all the way on the other side of the world? I want to choose my group, I'm not ready to have you do it for me. I want to make my team, I'm not ready to let you throw me in with just anyone, and if that's not your rules, too bad because I need to make my own on this.

I'm not about to let the box make the call for me. And I need you to stand back and watch this, because if you let me make the rules, let me choose my team from anywhere and let me play up like I know I can, You're gonna see how it's done.

Image in halo 3 being in the "story" mode, while the multiplayer guys are battling the covenant in the city you are trekking trough. quite an idea if it can be pulled off. Less AI and more community to complete the story. When XBoxLIVE people are not online, then AI takes over. THis makes the single player mode, change all the time, and adds replay value to 1000%

MuGen
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
edit button...

Solid Snake
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
That would be very awsome if they could pull something like that off, but I think it is too difficult so I won't get my hopes up. ....Unless they have the main character controlled by AI, and you and your multiplayer friends have to work together to help the main character complete the mission objective. It would be like Co-Op with lots of players.

Anyways this game is at the top of my most wanted list.

gekko
05-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Counter co-op? That would've been sweet, had they put out the game BEFORE Pandora Tomorrow.

DeathsHand
05-01-2005, 02:21 AM
Counter co-op? That would've been sweet, had they put out the game BEFORE Pandora Tomorrow.

Didn't the first Perfect Dark have "Counter-op" or whatever they called it? One player controlled Joanna, the other controlled the nearest enemy (it switched as they got mowed down)... Or something...

or is this different? It sounds similar to me :unsure:

Bube
05-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Didn't the first Perfect Dark have "Counter-op" or whatever they called it? One player controlled Joanna, the other controlled the nearest enemy (it switched as they got mowed down)... Or something...

or is this different? It sounds similar to me :unsure:
I was thinking the same thing. Counter co-op sounds like both players control the enemies, trying to stop Joanna, although it doesn't make much sense...

DarrenMcLeod
05-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I was also wondering the same thing with counter op.

CamFu
05-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Dang it Perfect Dark. I'm only going to be getting one console for the Next Generation. Why? $$$

I love Nintendo, and so far, I do love my Xbox. And now with the announcement of PD0, I so want to see what this game has to offer. I love the original one. I guess I will have to wait until after E3 to see which console I have to save up to get. Perfect Dark just might be the selling point for me. If it is really that great. Stupid Nintendo for selling Rare. Ahhhh.....

Crash
05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
sell your dog, get 2 consoles.

Canyarion
05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Sell Crash, buy back your dog and 2 consoles.

CamFu
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I wounder how much I could get for my two kids?

DarrenMcLeod
05-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I wounder how much I could get for my two kids?
Call Michael Jackson. He has a lot of money.

MuGen
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Call Michael Jackson. He has a lot of money.

LOL

Crash
05-05-2005, 02:40 PM
http://img20.echo.cx/img20/3387/0001yp.jpg

http://www.media.rare.uk/images/theproject/564321540000.jpg (http://img256.echo.cx/img256/5148/00002mr.jpg)

Bube
05-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I want to cry!!! I want that game, but there's no way in hell I'm buying more than one console! It's either the Nintendo system or a PS3, no PD for me... :( :( :(

DarrenMcLeod
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
That pic barely shows anything, unfortunately, but it does officially confirm that the game will be a big part of the E3 showing.

Canyarion
05-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Haha Crash, what kind of person are you? That pic is not on Rare's site, it links to http://img256.echo.cx/img256/5148/00002mr.jpg

Why do you keep trying to fool us?

By the way, Rare's site is www.rareWARE.com. :mad:

Edit: for those who don't understand yet: FAKE.

DarrenMcLeod
05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
....it's a good thing I didn't fall for it.

*whistles*

Bube
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I want whatever game that pic is from then.

I can't believe I fell for it. :D

Xantar
05-05-2005, 07:15 PM
I didn't fall for it because the font used at the top was so amateurishly done. My respect for Rare has eroded away quite a lot, but they still at least know how to make their typefaces visible.

As for Perfect Dark...I'll just take Timesplitters, thank you very much. It was made by the original Goldeneye team anyway. And there have been three in the amount of time it took Rare to put out...0 first person shooters...

Crash
05-06-2005, 12:55 AM
sorry, i'm getting excited for this game though....

+rep to canyarion

Dark Samurai
05-06-2005, 09:20 AM
As for Perfect Dark...I'll just take Timesplitters, thank you very much. It was made by the original Goldeneye team anyway. And there have been three in the amount of time it took Rare to put out...0 first person shooters...

Hmm... didnt know that... I'll be sure to check it out now...

Solid Snake
05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
If that picture is real it looks like the game has a real cartoony look to it, somewhat like those cartoon looks of Joana Dark.

example:http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/artgallery/perfectdark0/art01.jpg

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/artgallery/perfectdark0/art01.jpg

Canyarion
05-06-2005, 12:44 PM
How does that have a cartoony look? It's just some ugly aliens around a device.