PDA

View Full Version : Official Xbox 360 LOGO

Crash
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/GGGruGdPLG04221653/Xbox_360_7_500.jpg

oops, stole from null... sorry, didn't see yours

Joeiss
04-24-2005, 09:59 PM
It looks like a 3 year old drew those circles.

Swan
04-24-2005, 10:02 PM
At least the circles are round.

Does anybody else find it funny that the logo for the xBOX is circles?

MuGen
04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I do.....

Does anybody else find it funny that the name itself is oxymoronic? Not just the logo.

360 degrees of motion is or 360 degrees of rotation.... usually thats what 360 is used for...But you can't achieve that kind of motion with a Box, as theirs a series of 90 degree angles...

And then, again... the logo with the circles for an xBOX......

EDIT: Really though... that's a dramatic step down from their shiny X logo...I mean, that has to be the 2nd lowest budget logo I've ever seen.... first being the dreamcast...

Bond
04-24-2005, 10:18 PM
I can almost gaurentee it's fake.

Stray_Bullet
04-24-2005, 10:35 PM
EDIT: Really though... that's a dramatic step down from their shiny X logo...I mean, that has to be the 2nd lowest budget logo I've ever seen.... first being the dreamcast...

I don't think "budget" is the word you're looking for.

Besides, if this is the legitimate logo and the 360 becomes a success, then what else will you think of when you see a bunch of circles (which may or may not be circumscribed)? A simple yet recognizable design can go a long way to keeping consumers thinking of a product.

Also... a square has 360 degrees in it.

MuGen
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Thats an arguable fact, but considering the logo is circles... I don't think they were trying to get that point across...

GameMaster
04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
That's just the logo for the developement kits. The logo for the console is the one Crash sports in his avatar. At least that's what insider sources are saying.

DarrenMcLeod
04-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Really though... that's a dramatic step down from their shiny X logo...I mean, that has to be the 2nd lowest budget logo I've ever seen.... first being the dreamcast...
PSP is by FAR the "lowest budget" logo out there, and I'd even say PS2 before Dreamcast. PS2 is nice in its simplicity, so I'll give it that, but PSP is just the PSP logo with a P instead of a 2. There's no way you can say that's better than the dreamcast logo, which, though simple, was extremely effective.

I just plain don't like this logo. Not because it's "low budget", but because it is simply all over the place. I think they need to rework it. Color scheme is cool, but the circles need a stronger design to them.

Typhoid
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
http://www.n-gamez.dk/nyheder/nintendo/Nin_nws_logo.jpg

Pretty sure this is full of creativity and insight. I mean, its block letters surrounded by an oval. Thats high budget right there.

http://www.dwango.co.jp/kamone/atarigames/image/atari_logo.gif

What about Atari? 3 lines. Thats pretty cheap.

GameMaster
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
That Nintendo logo is for the company, not the consoles.

http://www.fringles.com.br/jogos/logo_n64.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Gamecube_logo.jpg

And this is Microsoft's company logo, which is similar to Nintendo's so...

http://www.wanadoo.ma/wanadoo3/fr/biblioimg/news/logo-microsoft-180.jpg

Typhoid
04-24-2005, 11:11 PM
That Nintendo logo is for the company, not the consoles.

Ok then, well I guess the NES had no logo. So thats as cheap as you can get.

Swan
04-24-2005, 11:13 PM
On a side note, which console do you think had the best logo?

MuGen
04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Let's get one thing straight... this is the universal Playstation logo:

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/MediaPath/PlayStation%20logo%20-%20black_0003.jpg

It's on the PSX, the PS2, PSone and PSP and all of it's controllers regardless of which generation. The way PS2 and the PSP is written is in that font.....that's not the logo.

I dunno why it's different here, but in Japan all commercials for PS2 products still have the same sound, with the said logo. and not the purple PS2 written out.

But i'm sure your right Dan...the PSP has to be the lowest budget logo I mean /sarcasm

I'm glad Typhoid posted the Nintendo logo...

GameMaster
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok then, well I guess the NES had no logo. So thats as cheap as you can get.

http://digilander.libero.it/nixarts/loghi/logo_nes.jpg

Something like this that appeared on every NES game box would've been the logo. It's not much though, so I guess you could omit it as a logo.

DarrenMcLeod
04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
But i'm sure your right Dan...the PSP has to be the lowest budget logo I mean /sarcasm

I'm glad Typhoid posted the Nintendo logo...
Who the hell is Dan? Danchastu?

I hate him too.

Anyways, the reason I brought up the PSP logo is that you called other logos "low budget", but of course, as you often do, failed to mention PSP and PS2. If they are still using the PSX logo, isn't that being even "lower" budget, by recycling it?

But I digress. This is starting to sound like PS bashing, which it is not, nor is this Kyuzo bashing. I have a lot of respect for all three of Sony's systems, and for their little Asian supporter here at the GT forums. I do believe that the PS2 writing is the logo for the system, as is the PSP writing, and the little logo Kyuzo posted is a logo for the PlayStation brand, much like the oval is Nintendo's logo (which I don't understand why Kyuzo made a fuss over) represents the company, not the system. Sony and Microsoft's logos are equally as simple.

As far as my favourite logo goes, I think the GameCube logo is quite ingenius... the cube, the G, and the C all in one works nicely, but I think the Atari logo is my favourite because it is beautiful in its simplicity.

Crash
04-25-2005, 02:50 AM
the 64 will always be my favorite logo

MuGen
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Who the hell is Dan? Danchastu?

I hate him too.

Anyways, the reason I brought up the PSP logo is that you called other logos "low budget", but of course, as you often do, failed to mention PSP and PS2. If they are still using the PSX logo, isn't that being even "lower" budget, by recycling it?

But I digress. This is starting to sound like PS bashing, which it is not, nor is this Kyuzo bashing. I have a lot of respect for all three of Sony's systems, and for their little Asian supporter here at the GT forums. I do believe that the PS2 writing is the logo for the system, as is the PSP writing, and the little logo Kyuzo posted is a logo for the PlayStation brand, much like the oval is Nintendo's logo (which I don't understand why Kyuzo made a fuss over) represents the company, not the system. Sony and Microsoft's logos are equally as simple.

As far as my favourite logo goes, I think the GameCube logo is quite ingenius... the cube, the G, and the C all in one works nicely, but I think the Atari logo is my favourite because it is beautiful in its simplicity.

I was only saying that the new 360 logo sucks, and that the shiny X for the Xbox was a lot better. The new 360 logo looks low budget and so does the dreamcast logo.... a swirl.

I didn't mention others, because I was only commenting on those consoles, i'm not obligated to opinionate on all consoles if commenting on one...

I never said the Playstation 1, 2, or Portable's logos weren't low budget. I just didn't feel like mentioning them cuz I was only talking about the Xbox's in my opinion. Your reply to my initial thread seemed aggressive so I attacked Nintendo's logo... but whatever... sorry if I sounded intentive.

Null
04-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I like the swirls better then the poping out X.

i think logos are best when they're simple, yet stylish. i HATE the N64 logo, looks blocky and boring, reminds me too much of the n64 graphics. I think the GC logo was great, simple yet very very creative. and i've always loved the normal PS logo. dreamcast was also great.

Blackmane
04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Simple logos are good. They get people recognizing it right away when they see that special swirl, or those low budget PS"X" (X = 1, 2, P, X, 3, etc.). I think the Xbox 360 logo has got that same simplistic idea, but like others have said, the name is kind of contradictory. It should just be the Microsoft 360 maybe, or the XspherE 360.

Stray_Bullet
04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
If 360 has anything to do with the bits, then the name should not be debated (unless you think slapping a number on a name is boring). The same was done with the Nintendo 64.

But... 360 isn't a degree of 2, so I don't know.

I guess the next step in the "360" debate is to see whether or not Nintendo's pet gets rejected if it's not a circle/sphere, given that it was named the "Revolution."

360, as well Revolution, have several meanings.

And yes, adding numbers to a console name is crappy and lacks innovation.

MuGen
04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Question to Straylight: Adding numbers to a console name is terms of what... Numbers randomly or in terms of bits?

I like the simplistic sequential order of the Playstation console naming. Nothing too bizarre and no one can really complain about a stupid name.

Who would buy the Sony Xenovector Crystallus? See Xbox 360 number thing is cheesy but N64 sounds fine. I would've liked Xbox Xenon a lot better.

Basically I like the sequential order, cuz it gives the apparent impression that that console is better then the predecessor... PS1... to PS2.. to PS3. The name Playstation has become a franchise anyway so i don't see Sony resorting to catchy and complex names any time soon.

Canyarion
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
N64 sounds better because it's shorter. Just 1 letter and 2 numbers. PS2 is also short enough. Dreamcast, Sega Saturn/Megadrive, GameCube, Xbox.... all short names. :)

MuGen
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Well My complaint isn't long names, it's like complex names like they are trying to name a space station...

Canyarion
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Short/simple/youknowwhatImean :p

DarrenMcLeod
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the name sounds clunky because even though it's short, it has a lot of syllables... X-BOX-THREE-SIX-TY. I guess you could argue that it's the same as NIN-TEN-DO-GAME-CUBE, but you can leave out the Nintendo, or hell, even the game. Calling a system "360" seems weird and unnatural. Sony got it right by having the P-S-2 as something quick and easy to say, and "cube" works fine for Nintendo.

I really think the name is weird... I can understand why they kept the XBox in the name, for the same reason Sony kept the Playstation and Nintendo kept the Gameboy name (although they left it out for the DS... for the "third pillar" i guess), but it just sounds really cluttered. The logo as well.

bobcat
04-26-2005, 07:18 AM
I like the swirls better then the poping out X.

i think logos are best when they're simple, yet stylish. i HATE the N64 logo, looks blocky and boring, reminds me too much of the n64 graphics. I\
Wasn't the N64 blurry? The PSX was blocky as hell!

I preferred blocky, then at times, I liked blurry.

Null
04-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Wasn't the N64 blurry? The PSX was blocky as hell!

I preferred blocky, then at times, I liked blurry.

i couldnt stand either PSx or N64 graphics. and the only time i've played any of my n64 games in the past 4 years is in emulator form, which takes out the blurryness, and makes everything sharp and smooth as hell. so it looks blocky :p lol

MuGen
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
The PSX was also a 32 bit system.

Vampyr
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I preferred blury, most definatly. I hated the PS1 graphics.

And I like the Logo. It's simple, yet cool. And it will be neat if they put it on top of the 360, and have it engraved there, and very shiny neon green.

It would be even cooler if it light up! Or had liquid that filled up when you turned it on!

MuGen
04-26-2005, 04:37 PM
A liquid on a console? Very hazardous...

Vampyr
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
A liquid on a console? Very hazardous...

Computers do it. o_O

MuGen
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Still very hazardous...