PDA

View Full Version : Firefox/ IE qustion (Because im stupid)

Typhoid
04-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Is there a way to make Firefox my main browser? My friend told me to go: Tools, Options, Set default Browser.

But when I click that, nothing happens.

So I was also wondering, if I find a way to uninstall IE, that wont have any like, negative effect on any processes I have, or any programs that need running would it?

Help (that works) would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with doubloons, beer, and rep.

Vampyr
04-24-2005, 05:42 PM
After you check that box your friend mentioned, restart firefox and see what happens.

Typhoid
04-24-2005, 05:44 PM
After you check that box your friend mentioned, restart firefox and see what happens.

Its not a box. Its like, a button, I press it, nothing happens. And he told me to restart Firefox too, and nothing happens.

Plus, I want to get rid of IE, then so too, shall I get rid of the pop-ups that come up every 30 seconds since my douche of a friend installed something on my computer so he can put songs on his ipod shuffle thing.

Jonbo298
04-24-2005, 07:50 PM
If your using XP SP1 (or 2), Start>Set Program Access and Defaults, Custom>(click down arrow if needed). Under Choose my Default Browser, click dot next to Mozilla Firefox. Hit OK. And wait a few seconds for it to make changes.

Typhoid
04-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Ok, so I did that. And for 2 minutes its been saying "Making Mozilla Firefox the default Browser" or whatever, and for the whole time, the little percentage green dot counter thing that tells you the progress of complteness has been half way. No more, No less.

Jonbo298
04-24-2005, 08:21 PM
If it continues to sit there, cancel it and try again. It should only take a few seconds :)