PDA

View Full Version : So, Revolution will be at E3 it seems?

Teuthida
04-23-2005, 05:30 PM
http://www.fragland.net/news.php?id=10431

With all the rumours that are going around about Nintendo going to show their upcoming Revolution console or not, we decided it was definitely time to get some confirmation so we called our contact within Nintendo and wouldn't leave the phone alone until we got a definite reply on the question "Will the Revolution be shown at E3 ?"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we can now safely say "Yes!" to that question. Our PR contact confirmed that the Revolution will not only be talked about but also be shown at E3. Whether it will be playable however has yet to be confirmed.

So, there you have it, straight from the source. Stay tuned at Fragland for more E3 and Revolution news as it becomes available.

I dunno what to believe anymore. Me happy if true.

GameMaster
04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Nintendo had this in the plans all along. They fabricated earlier reports saying Revolution would not be shown to give Sony and Microsoft a false sense of security. Especially Sony, who has no reason to worry about competition with Microsoft.

With this surprise attack unleashed, Sony and Microsoft representatives are probably unloading in their pants as they scramble to up the ante of their presentations in order to compete against the unexpected arrival of the Video Game King.

Strategy: http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/5stars.gif / http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/5stars.gif

And Nintendo slams another one out of the ballpark!

Null
04-23-2005, 06:14 PM
its all about wording really. im questioning this as will the console itself be shown? or the way they're wording it meaning stuff on evolution will be shown. as said before.

i hope the show what it looks like. obviously if they are they changed thier minds because of the backlash of anger people had when they wernt going to show it. so they had to completely change thier plans. which is a good thing. older nintendo days nintendo wouldnt change thier plans no matter how much hate they got towards something, they'd stick with it. good to see they're flexable. but thats IF the unit itself is phiscially going to be shown. I have a feeling tho, they'll show videos and it wont phisically be there. But we can hope.

Jonbo298
04-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Playable, it has to be playable! Only way to really hook gamers and show them how 'good' this Revolution should be according to Nintendo, you have to let hte gamers "feel" the Revolution, not look at it.

Please Nintendo! Do it for the sake of the gaming industry. PLAYABLE!

Teuthida
04-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I think it being playable is out of the quesiton. Won't even be releasing this year. All I want is a name, the design, and what the revolutionary aspect of it is...see below:

Ok…calm down and breathe. In the immortal words of the Holy Guide, DON’T PANIC. I don’t think the boys at EAD have whipped up the successor to one of the most feeble hardware releases of all time. Seriously. Instead, I just wanted to ease into the whole ‘Revolution Revelation’ this weekend with a couple of related posts that focus on what we can pretty much chisel in stone regarding Nintendo’s behaviours, their tech experiments, and how a cool idea in the lab can often go bad under consumer scrutinty.

Case in point? The infamous Virtual Boy. At the time, it was a cutting-edge, 32-bit (equivalent), self-contained, extremely immersive, ergonomically controlled, 3D gaming experience with stereo sound. Sounds WICKED on paper, right? But for anyone who spent more than an hour with their face buried in that sweaty black vulva of a display - with the key component being the reduction of one’s sense of sight to a tiny sliver of wavelength on the crimson end of the visible light spectrum - well, let’s just say that it wasn’t a surprise when the project’s designer Gumpei Yokoi was swept from the Big N’s Kyoto HQ in relative disgrace (God rest his Gameboy-makin’ soul).

And it doesn’t take the freakin’ Batman to divine that Nintendo’s been playing around with some interesting technologies for years now. Some of these are rumoured to be essential components of the Revolution experience. And, if and when all of them come together, it could indeed be a complete paradigm shift in the way we play games - from both a display AND an interface perspective. But are we going to be READY for it? Is it what we’ll actually WANT to play come Xmas 2006? Plain and simple question, gang…is it a good idea on paper that’s destined to fail in the living room?

Ok folks….here goes. According to what I have been able to piece together from the inside….. The system will in fact be shipped with wireless control. Whether or not there will be physical ports for old wired GCN controllers…Thats still an open debate. The controllers will NOT have a built in touch screen. The controller will have a removable “palm”, as I like to call it, that will function as a gyroscopic interface for specific games. As for the big “revolutionary” concept… The system comes equippeed with a short ranged wireless mapping camera that will somehow make the software “adapt” itself to your surroundings. How this will be applied to the games..All I know is that its something that will be used differently for each game utilizing it hence why I emphasized my pal’s “SOUNDS cool…but what about the games.” So there you go folks..I assure you we will see much much more in a few weeks at E3.

My hype for Revolution just went up ten fold...that and the blahness from seeing Xbox's design and Madden video. (pulled a Kyuzo sticking another console into an unrelated topic :))

DarrenMcLeod
04-23-2005, 09:05 PM
My hype for Revolution just went up ten fold...that and the blahness from seeing Xbox's design and Madden video. (pulled a Kyuzo sticking another console into an unrelated topic :))
Pulling a Kyuzo will now become a common GT term. Excellent job in coining it. +rep.

GameMaster
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
short ranged wireless mapping camera

That sounds awesome and revolutionary but will it indeed be as cool as it sounds. Because EyeToy isn't that cool and it's a camera related peripheral. For this to be cool, I'll have to be amazed by it, and it'll have to seem like something from the year 2500.

Teuthida
04-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, another reason Broken Saints is comparing Virtual Boy to Revolution is not only the VR but because VB also sounded good on paper but not so much in practice.

MuGen
04-23-2005, 09:15 PM
...so we called our contact within Nintendo and wouldn't leave the phone alone until we got a definite reply on the question "Will the Revolution be shown at E3 ?"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we can now safely say "Yes!" to that question. Our PR contact confirmed that the Revolution will not only be talked about but also be shown at E3. Whether it will be playable however has yet to be confirmed.

News reports like these usually don't have much credibility. We don't know how much their contact within Nintendo knows and what position he actually holds to actually know that kind of information as to whats going on at E3. Fragland is just building up false hope for ninfans. They're are hoping Nintendo reps will see this post and tell the higher ups that people are starting to expect it at E3.

I was surfing the web also, and I saw a website with a post saying he had pre-ordered the PS3 already for November launch.... but we all know it's launching in 2006.. or is it?

WHAT WE DO KNOW is from Nintendo themselves, saying they aren't unveiling it at E3. So after hearing that, it's hard to swallow that an insider gave away that kinda information if he had access to it at all.

But you never know.... If they do end up showing it at E3 that would make the competition all the better again. I'm looking forward to seeing 3 next-gen consoles battle it out. And in light of this post, although unbelievable.... I'm hoping it's true.

Teuthida
04-23-2005, 09:55 PM
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/perri.gif

This week's question: There's recently been some confusion about Revolution's E3 showing. Will the console be spotlighted at E3 or will its presence be downplayed? Why?

Perrin Kaplan, VP of corporate affairs, Nintendo of America: We've noticed quite a few websites speculating about what we will and won't do with Revolution at E3. And that may have lead to some confusion. As Mr. Iwata has stated on several occasions -- most recently GDC - Revolution will be discussed at this year's E3 show. Unfortunately we can't go into detail right now on exactly how much Revolution information we plan to discuss.

We do understand that you and all Nintendo fans are very anxious to hear more news about the system since our GDC announcements last month revealing that Revolution will feature both Wi-Fi support and backward compatibility. So to answer your question about our plans for this year's E3 regarding Revolution, all I can say is that you have wait and see what we have planned. And luckily, there are only a few more weeks to go!

I really hate Perrin Kaplan.

gekko
04-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Why whenever a Nintendo exec opens their mouth do I get the impression that NCL has to be babysat by NOA?

Probably just me though.

MuGen
04-24-2005, 11:06 AM
See? LOL.... A lot of websites will do that in hopes that reps from Nin will see it and hopefully cave in and get Iwata to show the system at E3.

And Perrin apparently saw the websites speculation. They will either go on with NOT showing it, or they will show it in light of recent hype. It all depends on what Nintendo does under high expectations.

Solid Snake
04-24-2005, 12:13 PM
I think they will show a basic design and some of the games on the Revolution, but I don't think the Revolution will physically be there. It will still be competitive with the other consoles and games.

Jason1
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Honestly if they show the console itself, explain it, and show some game footage, I'll be throughly impressed.

I really dont see it being playable, its just not Nintendo to do that this early.