PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy

BreakABone
04-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Well as everyone knows Family Guy returns for a 4th season next week.

And well I was able to check out the first new episode, it seems like the show is back in good form. Hopefully this time it can stick around for a little while.

Hmm wonder if the show would get cancelled and brought back for a 3rd time?

Swan
04-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty hyped up about this. I just saw a commercial for Animation Domination, as they are calling the night. Apparently Malcolm in the Middle is going to be animated :confused:

Typhoid
04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
The show better make me laugh, and if not laugh, at least giggle a little bit.

Im glad they finally figured the follie of their ways with cancelling the show. I never understood why they did. Stupid crappy timeslots. Timeslots were also the demise of "Andy Richter controls the Universe".

Timeslots shall pay.

Swan
04-23-2005, 02:03 PM
The show better make me laugh, and if not laugh, at least giggle a little bit.

Im glad they finally figured the follie of their ways with cancelling the show. I never understood why they did. Stupid crappy timeslots. Timeslots were also the demise of "Andy Richter controls the Universe".

Timeslots shall pay.
Yes, FOX has canceled so many great shows while letting crap survive. Anybody remember Titus?

Happydude
04-23-2005, 02:20 PM
titus was freakin funny...and i'm happy that family guy is coming back

Acebot44
04-23-2005, 02:35 PM
I miss Titus too :(

Check out old episodes of Family Guy, Futurama, REN AND STIMPY, ROCKOS MODERN LIFE, and more in the link in my sig.

Jason1
04-23-2005, 05:59 PM
I look foward to seeing some new episodes. And Acebot, that link in your sig is awsome...seeing Rocko's modern life again is pure bliss.....

now to find some Salute Your Shorts.....

Null
04-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes, FOX has canceled so many great shows while letting crap survive. Anybody remember Titus?

Fox cant control what people watch and what they dont. theres a lot of idiots out there, how else can the success of AOL be explained?

if no one watches a show, be it a good show or bad show, it has to be dealt with, or they're losing money. they cant just keep it around because they know its good.

Typhoid
04-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Fox cant control what people watch and what they dont. theres a lot of idiots out there, how else can the success of AOL be explained?

Fox sort of can control what people watch.

If they give a show, for example, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, a horrible timeslot, say 10pm, then not as many people would watch it. Because kids would be put to bed, and some people are sleeping for work. But say they put the show on at 8. Then more people could watch it.

For no reason, I would like to express my love for Arrested Development. I love that show. Its pure genious, it really is. The way they write it, and film it as if it was a documentary is genious and refreshing in ways.

Jonbo298
04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I look foward to seeing some new episodes. And Acebot, that link in your sig is awsome...seeing Rocko's modern life again is pure bliss.....

If you have Digital Cable/Sattelite, if you get the Nicktoons channel, its on everyday at around 2pm central I believe (could be 3 pm central), 6:30 central I believe, and 9pm central (also 7-8am central)...can you tell I still love that show :D

But on topic, Family Guy and an entire season pickup - awesome! now bring back Futurama :(

Teuthida
04-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was really great. Then they bring him back on that crappy family sitcom which I believed got pulled too. I've stopped watching TV except for Scrubs and Committed (which seems won't be returning next season either :()

DarrenMcLeod
04-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I am extremely excited for the return of FG. I've got both DVDs, and I've watched every episode countless times... I can't wait for it.

GameMaster
04-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Let me know if you have success finding them. The few episodes I've downloaded were all corrupt with messed up sound or warped picture. Nickelodeon could make some serious money if they put the TV shows from the 1990s on DVD sets:

- Salute Your Shorts
- Hey Dude
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Ren & Stimpy
- Doug (the original series)
- Are You Afraid of the Dark
- Pete and Pete
- etc...

I would certainly buy if for nothing more than just being able to relive these bits of childhood I miss so much...

As for Family Guy, I've haven't seen all the episodes yet. I've only watched it a few times at my friends and on TV. I need to get the DVD set. It's a funny show.

Vampyr
04-23-2005, 10:40 PM
I miss Titus too :(

Check out old episodes of Family Guy, Futurama, REN AND STIMPY, ROCKOS MODERN LIFE, and more in the link in my sig.

That site appears to be dead, due to lack of bandwidth.

Swan
04-24-2005, 01:43 AM
For no reason, I would like to express my love for Arrested Development. I love that show. Its pure genious, it really is. The way they write it, and film it as if it was a documentary is genious and refreshing in ways.
That reminds me, Arrested Development probably won't be coming back next season :(

Vampyr
04-24-2005, 01:44 AM
The only TV show I watch religiously is Lost. And it's definatly coming back.

DarkMaster
04-24-2005, 10:46 AM
They can go **** themselves if they cancel Arrested Development.

Teuthida
04-24-2005, 12:19 PM
The only TV show I watch religiously is Lost. And it's definatly coming back.

I too watch it religiously...just not on TV. I download it the following day so I can watch it commercial free to experience it in full...

Vampyr
04-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I too watch it religiously...just not on TV. I download it the following day so I can watch it commercial free to experience it in full...

Haha, awesome.

I wish I had a DVD burner...if I did, I would download tons of tv shows and burn them. Where do you download your episodes from? I've been trying to find a good resource.

*spoiler*
I bet the season finale is "Who shot John Locke?", just like that soap opera that ended with "who shot JR?"

Teuthida
04-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I get em from torrentspy.com

The Journey
A provocative new journey through the lives of some of the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 -- and a closer look at the island they're stranded on -- will be revealed. (First Aired: 2005-04-27) 61 minutes.

The Germanator
04-24-2005, 01:57 PM
That reminds me, Arrested Development probably won't be coming back next season :(

Yeah, that is one of the biggest crimes of them all. Such a funny show, and they even made them end this season early to put on American Dad...Lame. Apparently the only reason that Fox even let it have a second season was because of the critical acclaim and the emmys in won, otherwise it would have been canned earlier.

Swan
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, that is one of the biggest crimes of them all. Such a funny show, and they even made them end this season early to put on American Dad...Lame. Apparently the only reason that Fox even let it have a second season was because of the critical acclaim and the emmys in won, otherwise it would have been canned earlier.
Yeah, but you can't really blame FOX for people not watching it, they gave it a pretty good timeslot. Right after Simpsons, what else is on at that time? Also I've learned that Arrested Development is an aqquired taste.

PS I just watched SNL last night, it was the one were Jason Bateman hosted. Good times.

The Germanator
04-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Watched the new Family Guy earlier today (courtesy of the internet) and I thought it was pretty good. Not the best episode ever, but it gave me a good amount of laughs.