PDA

View Full Version : picture of cursed mummy

Su-Yin
04-21-2005, 02:06 AM
He had lain in his icy tomb on an Alpine glacier in northern Italy for 5300 years, a perfectly preserved Stone Age warrior complete with fur robes, leather shoes and bow and arrow.
But since he was found 14 years ago, five of the people who came in close contact with Oetzi the Iceman have died. So, is the mummy cursed?

Konrad Spindler, head of the Iceman investigation team at Innsbruck University, died on April 18, from complications arising from multiple sclerosis. But that has not stopped his name from being linked to a string of strange deaths related to the Iceman.

Mr Spindler, 66, had spent years studying the remains of the frozen warrior, who was discovered in the melting Similaun glacier, on the border of Italy and Austria in 1991.

The other "victims" of the Iceman include forensic expert Rainer Henn, who placed the cadaver in a body bag with his bare hands, and died in a road accident on his way to a conference to discuss the Iceman.

Alpine guide Kurt Fritz organised the transportation by helicopter of the frozen remains. He was killed by a snowslide and was the only one of a party of climbers to die.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

Journalist Rainer Hoelz, who filmed the recovery of the Iceman, died of a brain tumour.

The fourth death was that of Helmut Simon, the German tourist who spotted the Iceman in 1991 while on a walking trip. Last October, he failed to return from a mountain hike and was found dead eight days later, frozen under a sheet of snow and ice.

A possible sixth victim has also been named. Dieter Warnecke, who helped find Mr Simon, died of a heart attack after attending his funeral.

well this is sorta freaky...it could possibly be coincidence
if you're not paranoid or superstitious, click on the link, they have a piccie of it~...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Curse-of-the-mummy/2005/04/21/1114028454815.html

GameMaster
04-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Behold! Oetzi the Iceman, the frozen warrior!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/04/21/mummy_wideweb__430x336.jpg

Typhoid
04-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Maybe it has some airbourne virus that the people are getting?

Su-Yin
04-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Behold! Oetzi the Iceman, the frozen warrior!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/04/21/mummy_wideweb__430x336.jpg

ur a spoiler :lol:

GameMaster
04-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Since I spoil you, can you spoil me behind happydude's back? He never has to find out. And if he does, it's nothing that a little +rep and doubloons couldn't fix. What do you say? Feel like giving 'ol GM a chance? Satisfaction guaranteed! :)

Su-Yin
04-21-2005, 08:14 AM
:sneaky: :unsure:
:angel:

Satisfaction guaranteed!
you're probably going to be the one who will be guaranteed satisfaction ;)

:lol: tempting offer...but no thanks
nothing beats happydude strong...huge....hard... c...erm...k... :D :)
/me composes herself Uhm*

Bube
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
No other picture? No full body shot? No open body parts?

That doesn't spoil anything...

I believe it's a coincidence though.

Blackmane
04-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Yea, airborne viruses don't get you stuck under a sheet of ice or get into road accidents. It would be cool to touch the mummy and be one of the people to live.

MuGen
04-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm not really a believer when it comes to superstition but if all people who came in contact with this Iceman died in a tragic accident... I find it hard to say it's just coincidence.

I am a firm believer that this mummy is cursed. It's hard to say that these mummy's that they find every now and then actually have passed on. In Egyptian pyramids they are kept in a tomb full of treasures and spoils... you think that spirit wants to pass to the afterlife?

I seriously think somethings going on here..

Dark Samurai
04-21-2005, 11:15 AM
I want to know how each person that came into contact with the cursed one, died. If its the same way then it just might be cursed...

And one more thing... regarding the 'contact' of the mummy... did they actually touch it, or just look at it?

MuGen
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm not touching this thread again.....lol

Canyarion
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I want to know how each person that came into contact with the cursed one, died. If its the same way then it just might be cursed...

And one more thing... regarding the 'contact' of the mummy... did they actually touch it, or just look at it?
Lol, we looked at it as well. :p Thanks to GM!

Happydude
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Since I spoil you, can you spoil me behind happydude's back? He never has to find out. And if he does, it's nothing that a little +rep and doubloons couldn't fix. What do you say? Feel like giving 'ol GM a chance? Satisfaction guaranteed! :)
KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW! WE NEED TO BREAK THE CURSE!!! :p

GameMaster
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Lol, we looked at it as well. :p Thanks to GM!

If I'm going down, I'm bringing you all with me!

Since I got rejected, I hereby award happydude a royal +rep

Happydude
04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
If I'm going down, I'm bringing you all with me!

Since I got rejected, I hereby award happydude a royal +rep
technically, the mummy is going to bring all of us down...and either way, everybody would have clicked that link and seen a picture :p

ulala06
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
No full body shot?

i'm kinda t.o.-ed cause the mummy hasn't even sent us a full body shot yet.

Teuthida
04-21-2005, 06:17 PM
I know Egyptian mummy curses were caused by anaerobic bacteria. Many can survive harsh climates too...dunno about cold though.

Swan
04-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't know if airborne viruses can be frozen, but even if they can, they wouldn't be the cause. Unless its a bad luck virus.

Typhoid
04-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't know if airborne viruses can be frozen, but even if they can, they wouldn't be the cause. Unless its a bad luck virus.

Or a death virus.

Swan
04-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Or a death virus.
Yes, but the people died from car accidents and snow slides.

Bube
04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Yes, but the people died from car accidents and snow slides.
Ok then, a snowslide virus if you want to be picky.