PDA

View Full Version : people ran out of things to sell

Su-Yin
04-20-2005, 07:05 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Next/When-time-refuses-to-stand-still/2005/04/18/1113676683393.html

i would hate to have one of these....i think its retarded...and people should learn a lil bit of discipline and wake up when they should (if its important enough)
Ms Nanda came up with "Clocky" - a runaway alarm clock that goads its bleary-eyed owners into leaving their beds. To turn Clocky off, you have to find it.
When the snooze alarm is pushed, Clocky rolls off the bedside table, tumbles to the floor and, thanks to shock-absorbing materials and rubber wheels, races away from the bed. It bumps into objects, repositions itself and eventually comes to rest in a place far enough away from the bed that its owner will be forced to get up to find it when the alarm sounds a second time. A built-in microprocessor randomly programs the clock's speed, distance and routes, so that it won't land in the same place twice.

Canyarion
04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
:wtf: That's just what I need. Really.

Yan
04-20-2005, 07:13 AM
I actually could really use one of them things... *runs and hides*

Happydude
04-20-2005, 07:28 AM
i saw that article before, it's a pretty cool thing, it i think it will really sell once it hits the market. a lot of people could use this alarm clock.

Dark Samurai
04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Hell, I'd get that...

GameMaster
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I don't believe in alarm clocks. People should only awaken naturally, when their internal biological clocks tell them it's time to begin living the day. If that means missing half a day or a whole day of work, so be it. Sleep and rest should not be sacrifised for chores.

I would still like to buy one of these clocks simply for the opportunity to storm out of bed and beat the **** out of it in a sleepy rage. Yeah, you best be running you stupid clock.

I think these would sell like hotcakes because people like me would always be breaking them out of fury.

Canyarion
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I think these would sell like hotcakes because people like me would always be breaking them out of fury.
Good point. :p (+rep as usual.... stop being so funny! :mad: )

Teuthida
04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I'll stick with my 3 alarm clocks placed around my room, all set to slightly different times.

Dyne
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah, if I got it as a gift, it would be smashed the next day.

HULK smashed.

Kitana85
04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
As much as I agree with the statement that we should merely use our biological clocks, I find it necessary to graduate from university in four years- a situation which could not occur if I used only my biologial clock as I would miss far too many classes and prolly get fired from work.

I'm not too big a fan of this idea, but that's primarily b/c my room is a bit of a mess and I fear this thing would get lost... I also have .a tendency to hit the snooze button twice... which could not occur with this clock...

However, I do see the benefit of such an invention

Teuthida
04-20-2005, 03:54 PM
My biological clock is nocturnal. When I have no work or school I revert back to it. Couldn't function in normal society if I didn't have all my alarm clocks stationed around me and unsafe amounts of caffeine in my system.

GameMaster
04-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Survey: What's the first word you utter when your alarm clock goes off?

Dark Samurai
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
...too early...

DimHalo
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
ahogayehnha

honestly, who is coherent when they first wake up...

MuGen
04-20-2005, 05:12 PM

I don't.... I press Snooze 3 times.

Acebot44
04-20-2005, 05:20 PM
I'll stick with my 3 alarm clocks placed around my room, all set to slightly different times.

Ditto

SwwHUH!

I flinch any time I hear an alarm clock just out of habit.

KillerGremlin
04-20-2005, 05:22 PM

Ah....jesus christ.....6:00am already....what a crappy day.

The scary this is that I'm actually pretty consistant with that, lol.

Yan
04-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I used to have 3 clocks and 2 cellphone alarms set at different times... :-o The only clock that shows the right time in my room is the one on my computer because there isn't an alarm function for it :unsure: :p

GameMaster
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I was hoping to hear some expletives, preferably the F word. Which is what runs through my mind when my clock starts beeping.

Happydude
04-20-2005, 07:27 PM
i say "good morning" often followed by "baby"...Happydudette is my alarm clock :p

Su-Yin
04-20-2005, 08:26 PM
i say *muah*..... happydude is my alarm clock :p:D