PDA

View Full Version : 2005 NFL Draft

Bond
04-18-2005, 09:14 PM
http://images.nfl.com/images/draft/pepsi_draft_1678.jpg

Just making this thread so I don't forget on the weekend. Should be an interesting draft.

DarrenMcLeod
04-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Miller is an interesting draft. It's genuine.

Perfect Stu
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
MGD is actually one American beer I like.

Anyways, onto the NFL draft.

best player in the draft: Braylon Edwards
first player that will be taken: Alex Smith
best defensive player in the draft: Antrel Rolle

The Colts have a lot of picks...all of them at the end of its respective round.

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
5th
6th
7th

Hopefully we can trade our extra 4th and 5th round picks to move up in the 2nd round or something. The Colts need 2 difference makers from this draft...

The Germanator
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Eagles have 13 picks...That's a lot! We have no glaring needs (besides maybe a more stable RB, maybe an LB, DE or WR too) but whatever they need they can certainly trade for or find in the draft with this many picks.

Perfect Stu
04-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Eagles have 13 picks...That's a lot! We have no glaring needs (besides maybe a more stable RB, maybe an LB, DE or WR too) but whatever they need they can certainly trade for or find in the draft with this many picks.

I think the Eagles offense would soar if the got an everydown runningback. Have them pound for most of the yardage, while Westbrook is a change of pace running the ball, and an absolute nightmare to cover in passing plays.

Another TE wouldnt hurt either...

Solid Snake
04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
The Broncos need one or two players to help them get over the hump, I think a good WR or TE would do us good, could also use some help at defensive line.

Broncos traded their 1st round pick this year for 3 different picks next year.

Stonecutter
04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
1SF Alex Smith
2MIA Ronnie Brown
3CLE Braylon Edwards
4CHI Mike Williams
5TB Aaron Rogers
6TEN Adam Jones
7MIN Derrick Johnson
8ARI Caddy Williams
9WAS Antrel Rolle
10DET David Pollack
11DAL Shawne Merriman
12SD Troy Williamson
13HOU Marcus Spears
14CAR Alex Barron
15KC Erasmus James
16NO Ernast Shazor
17CIN Kevin Burnett
18MIN Mark Clayton
19STL Luis Castillo
20DALThomas Davis
21JAX Cedrick Benson
22BALT Roddy White
23SEA JJ Arrington
24GB David Bass
25WAS Khalif Barnes
26OAK Darryl Blackstock
27ATL Reggie Brown
28SD Sean Cody
29IND Travis Johnson
30PIT Matt Jones
31PHI Heath Miller
32NE Channing Crowder

You heard it here first.

Edit: I completly forgot Cedrick Benson, Fixed.

Perfect Stu
04-21-2005, 12:39 AM
that's a good mock, stoney. I actually have Rogers dropping out of the top 5. and I've got DeMarcus Ware in the first round as well as Carlos Rogers and Justin Miller. If Baas goes that high, it would surprise the hell out of me. Personally, I think he's a hell of a player...and I watched him a lot at Michigan. Opened up holes that a towtruck could drive through. But guards have the tendancy to drop a round further than they deserve.

my top 10:

01Smith
02Brown
03Edwards
04MWilliams
05CWilliams
06Rolle
07Johnson
08Benson
09Jones
10Barron

Stonecutter
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
that's a good mock, stoney. I actually have Rogers dropping out of the top 5. and I've got DeMarcus Ware in the first round as well as Carlos Rogers and Justin Miller. If Baas goes that high, it would surprise the hell out of me. Personally, I think he's a hell of a player...and I watched him a lot at Michigan. Opened up holes that a towtruck could drive through. But guards have the tendancy to drop a round further than they deserve.

my top 10:

01Smith
02Brown
03Edwards
04MWilliams
05CWilliams
06Rolle
07Johnson
08Benson
09Jones
10Barron
I agree with everything you've said but you've got to remember that nothing ever goes as planned in the draft, and this year even the so called experts are all over the place. Bass probably won't go that high but I think the pack need an O linemen and there's no Center and no other tackles that haven't gone already, they lost both their guards and they need someone to protect Favre. In the 2nd I see them grabbing that QB out of ASU whose name escapes me at the moment.

If the bears don't trade down I will be very pissed if they don't draft someone named Williams.

Biggest busts

RONNIE BROWN
Edwards
Williamson
Barron
Marcus Spears
Packman Jones

Best Players
Williams
Williams
MARK CLAYTON (2nd best WR in the draft, will probably go 4th or 5th amoung WR)
Derrick Johnson
Merriman

Perfect Stu
04-22-2005, 06:05 PM
I agree with everything you've said but you've got to remember that nothing ever goes as planned in the draft, and this year even the so called experts are all over the place. Bass probably won't go that high but I think the pack need an O linemen and there's no Center and no other tackles that haven't gone already, they lost both their guards and they need someone to protect Favre. In the 2nd I see them grabbing that QB out of ASU whose name escapes me at the moment.

If the bears don't trade down I will be very pissed if they don't draft someone named Williams.

Biggest busts

RONNIE BROWN
Edwards
Williamson
Barron
Marcus Spears
Packman Jones

Best Players
Williams
Williams
MARK CLAYTON (2nd best WR in the draft, will probably go 4th or 5th amoung WR)
Derrick Johnson
Merriman

Good call on Clayton, I think he has the potential to be the next Marvin Harrison. Very few have the work ethic of Harrison, though. We'll see.

I really dont think Braylon Edwards will be a bust. I saw him play a lot and he's just too talented. He has a Moss-esque nose for the ball on the deep pass, he has the speed, he has the size, he has the ability to gain seperation, and he's an animal after the catch.

Ronnie Brown is a real wildcard...I think he could be great, or a huge bust.

Stonecutter
04-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Good call on Clayton, I think he has the potential to be the next Marvin Harrison. Very few have the work ethic of Harrison, though. We'll see.

I really dont think Braylon Edwards will be a bust. I saw him play a lot and he's just too talented. He has a Moss-esque nose for the ball on the deep pass, he has the speed, he has the size, he has the ability to gain seperation, and he's an animal after the catch.

Ronnie Brown is a real wildcard...I think he could be great, or a huge bust.

I could see Edwards being a great player, but I get serious "bust" feelings with him. I've seen him drop easy balls, I've never seen Mike Williams drop anything. I wouldn't be upset if the bears took Edwards, but I'd much prefer Williams or a trade down that'll net us Clayton.

Bond
04-23-2005, 02:19 PM
If Joey Harrington doesn't produce with Williams & Williams he has to be out.

Perfect Stu
04-23-2005, 02:58 PM

my top 10:

01Smith
02Brown
03Edwards
04MWilliams
05CWilliams

;) :guitar:

Im actually surprised Brown went over Barron. RT became a need before LT, I guess.

Bond
04-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Please do not select Aaron Rodgers....

Bond
04-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Grrrr....

Perfect Stu
04-23-2005, 07:05 PM
are you kidding? that was a steal...Rogers might be the best QB in the draft. personally, I prefer Smith but Rogers is a very good passer. Truth is, Favre is going to retire in the near future...and to have a good quarterback to replace him is more than ideal

Bond
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Yes, I know, I just don't want to deal with the fact that Favre will be retiring soon.

Stonecutter
04-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Are we to infer with the drafting of Mike Williams by Detroit that Charles Rogers is done?

Perfect Stu
04-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Are we to infer with the drafting of Mike Williams by Detroit that Charles Rogers is done?

I would say so.

I cant believe they took Rogers over Andre Johnson 2 years ago anyways...

Bond
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I still believe Rogers is coming back next season... unless you've heard otherwise?

Perfect Stu
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I still believe Rogers is coming back next season... unless you've heard otherwise?

oh, Mr. Glass is coming back all right. but he's:

a) made of glass
b) unproven
c) injury prone
d) made of glass
e) made of glass
f) injury prone

I'm just happy the Colts drafted a Wolverine (GO BLUE), and a good one at that.

Stonecutter
04-24-2005, 11:13 PM
oh, Mr. Glass is coming back all right. but he's:

a) made of glass
b) unproven
c) injury prone
d) made of glass
e) made of glass
f) injury prone

I'm just happy the Colts drafted a Wolverine (GO BLUE), and a good one at that.

Hey man! You listen up.

Charles Rogers is the best ****ing 8 quarter a year player in the NFL.

Perfect Stu
04-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey man! You listen up.

Charles Rogers is the best ****ing 8 quarter a year player in the NFL.

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Charles_Rogers_QA.jpg

"it's sad because it's true...:("