PDA

View Full Version : 911 joke...

ulala06
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
hahha, parents like this make me want to kick them in the face:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7492902/?GT1=6428

A 911 dispatcher was reprimanded for responding to a mother’s plea for help with an unruly child by saying: “OK. Do you want us to come over to shoot her?”

good god, learn to discipline your own children.

GameMaster
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
She told the dispatcher that her 12-year-old had kicked a hole in the door.

Wow, that is strong. She must've been under the bloodlust effect of a Shaman.

Ginkasa
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I know a parent needs to be able to discipline their child, but some children are just out of control. Sometimes discipline makes them worse (rather than just doing what they want to do, they start smashing things).

A 12-year old girl kicking a hole through a door is serious stuff. It is very possible that the mother by herself (I assume the dad wasn't home) was not able to control the child either physically or through discipline. If girl represented a danger to herself or her mom (or anyone else), calling 911 is the correct response.

I know police can be called on children who have locked their parents out (I've seen it on Cops...), so it is very reasonable for them to come to control an out of control child.

The dispatcher should not have been so sarcastic.

/me shrugs and walks away

DarrenMcLeod
04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I think that's a clever response. If you're working for 911, you shouldn't say that, but still... it's funny.

Happydude
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM
humurous...i admire his bravery...but i also think it was out of place for him to make such a comment seeing as how he is a dispatcher for 911...

Canyarion
04-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Wow, that is strong. She must've been under the bloodlust effect of a Shaman.
You play too much WarCraft, Bloodlust isn't real. :p

But yeah, stupid joke...

Su-Yin
04-19-2005, 06:56 AM
how old is the mother? 13? didnt know how to handle a kid? panicked and called for emergency back up on 911?!

Canyarion
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
..... didn't you read it? The kid kicked a hole in a door..... if the mother's not strong (physicly/metally), perhaps she saw no other solution....

Edit: bah, your dirty fly made me sick. :green:

Kitana85
04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
That mother gave her child far too much control. To have a child in the position that leaves the 12 year old feeling that kicking a hole in the door is appropriate or acceptable is horrifying. I can't even imagine what my parents would have done to me!

On the flip side, what did the mother expect? She called the emergency line to say her kids were fighting? What did she want from the 911 operator-- parenting advice?!

Yes, I agree the 911 operator was a bit smart with her however, after all the calls he must go through in a day, I can rather see where he was coming from.

Typhoid
04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
How could this offend someone? People these days seriously need to lighten up about things. People are offended too easily. Its amazing now.

Like, lady, sure, you cant control your kids, but you dont have to make a whiney mess about it when a dispatcher makes a joke. If it was a serious emergency like "My husband is going to cut my head off!!" and he responded with "Hes bluffing, call him out on it!" then I could see it, but This just makes me mad.

To me, in my mind, this goes hand in hand with political correctness, I cant stand it.

Hero2
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Im sure he was just tring to get the mom to calm down or atlest step back and reevaluate the situation. Too bad the mom had a stick up her ass. People need to learn not to take everything so seriously.

fingersman
04-20-2005, 06:44 PM
That mother gave her child far too much control. To have a child in the position that leaves the 12 year old feeling that kicking a hole in the door is appropriate or acceptable is horrifying. I can't even imagine what my parents would have done to me!

On the flip side, what did the mother expect? She called the emergency line to say her kids were fighting? What did she want from the 911 operator-- parenting advice?!

Yes, I agree the 911 operator was a bit smart with her however, after all the calls he must go through in a day, I can rather see where he was coming from.

I agree with Kitana and Typhoid........ I mean a kid doing that at 12? and when you get home you can't control her? Just goes to show that she didn't discipline her child from young. When your child is young he/she will test your authority on matters and you have to put your foot down from early.......and once you do that when they grow older they might be behave bad but they'll think twice before over stepping some boundaries.

GameMaster
04-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Survey: Can spankings received at a young age prevent misbehavior in the adolescent years?

Su-Yin
04-20-2005, 08:10 PM
i think i defers from child to child....parents must learn to adapt to their childs behaviour according to thier personality...some kids laern somethiing from physical pain...and stubborn children jsut tend to rebel after being hurt...they turn to hate u...not listen...aggrevate u to hit them..yada yada yada...*shrug i think it depends...personally...if my parnets hit me when i was younger ill prolly b a punk addicted to drugs who ran out of home to live wiht my hippy boyfriend :p :lol:

Happydude
04-20-2005, 08:16 PM
my parents spanked me when i was little, and i turned out ok...but never hit my sister and now she doesn't listen to anyone, she does absolutly anything she wants, and my parents have no control over her...so ultimalty, i think it's a good thing to spank a child when she/he is young. (wow...never thought I would be saying that...:unsure: )

Canyarion
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Yay, the fly is gone!

Typhoid
04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I never got spanked, punished, grounded, or anything like that. And I turned out fine. It has nothing to do with how you punish your child, but more on what you teach them is right and wrong. Not on the repurcussions when they do something wrong.