PDA

View Full Version : Handhelds E3 Exclusives

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Alright, I stole this list from a post at the Nintendorks forum (so if I'm missing a title for either I apologize, I'm too lazy to double check), but I thought it'd get some interesting discussion going. Here is a list of games being shown at E3 for DS and PSP that are exclusives(Meaning only available to either the PSP or DS, not counting other consoles such as Cube or PS2).

PSP: 10

The Godfather (PSP)
Madden NFL 2006 (PSP)
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (PSP)
Coded Arms (PSP)
Death Jr. (PSP)
Advent Shadow (PSP)
Infected (PSP)
Untitled Handheld Game #1 (PSP)
Untitled Handheld Game #2 (PSP)
Bloodrayne (PSP)

DS: 25

Snowboard Kids DS (DS)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS)
Meteos (DS)
One Piece Grand Battle! (DS)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (DS)
Castlevania DS (DS)
ATV: Quad Frenzy (DS)
Nanostray (DS)
Texas Hold 'Em Poker (DS)
Shogun Warrior: Real-Time Conflict (DS)
Advance Wars DS (DS)
Animal Crossing DS (DS)
Kirby: Cursed Canvas (DS)
Mario Kart DS (DS)
Metroid Prime Hunters (DS)
Nintendogs (DS)
Super Mario Bros. (DS)
Big Mutha Truckers DS (DS)
Fairly OddParents (DS)
The Incredibles 2 (DS)
Nicktoons (DS)
Scooby-Doo! Unmasked (DS)
Zoo Tycoon (DS)
Crash Tag Team Racing (DS)

Of course, this isn't close to final, but which lineup are you currently looking more forward to?

GameMaster
04-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Well it's suddenly apparent which handheld is going to dominate and completley own this year's E3.

10 games? Is that all PSP could come up with? What, running out of tricks, Sony? Save yourself some money and sell your plot of E3 space to a company with a little more ambition. Absolutely disgraceful and laughable at the same time.

I don't know though, Untitled Handheld Game #1 and 2 both sound pretty intimidating. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter, any PSP game you could think of would automatically receive an ultimate smackdown by Mario Kart or Animal Crossing without any need for an analysis.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster. http://home.comcast.net/~synthoid/nin.png

Crash
04-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Well it's suddenly apparent which handheld is going to dominate and completley own this year's E3.

10 games? Is that all PSP could come up with? What, running out of tricks, Sony? Save yourself some money and sell your plot of E3 space to a company with a little more ambition. Absolutely disgraceful and laughable at the same time.

I don't know though, Untitled Handheld Game #1 and 2 both sound pretty intimidating. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter, any PSP game you could think of would automatically receive an ultimate smackdown by Mario Kart or Animal Crossing without any need for an analysis.

:lol:

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Hahahaha nice post GM. I'm waiting for Kyuzo to post the inevitable rebuttal.

Remember, this isn't a final list of games, and I expect many more than 10 PSP exclusives to be shown at E3.

Stonecutter
04-12-2005, 01:52 AM

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/B/Tiya.D.Bolding-2/officespace4.jpg

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Office Space is the best comedy ever.

MuGen
04-12-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm most looking forward to Bloodrayne and Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Gonna be great gaming on those 2 games.

PSP already has 10 games to be released within the timespan of now and E3. And already has 25 games out already. 10 or more at E3 will add to their library... I don't think Sony needs to beat the DS lineup at E3, cuz they've already beaten their lineup... period.

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm most looking forward to Bloodrayne and Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Gonna be great gaming on those 2 games.

PSP already has 10 games to be released within the timespan of now and E3. And already has 25 games out already. 10 or more at E3 will add to their library... I don't think Sony needs to beat the DS lineup at E3, cuz they've already beaten their lineup... period.
I disagree. Sure the PSP has a better line up currently, but that doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about. You can't say "well, this system has a few better games before e3, so e3 doesn't matter". We're comparing the E3 showings of two sides.

I, personally, am excited for both, but a little more for nintendo to see Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Nintendogs, etc.

Null
04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
honestly i cant say im looking foward to anything handeld at E3, expecially when new consoles are being revealed.

However this list is to be expected. nintendo DS has a better E3 lineup, hands down. who did not expect that after nintendo said thier e3 focus was DS? other companies are focusing on consoles. so i prolly wont even get to looking at handheld stuff till days after e3 ends. However, obviously looking more forward to thoes ds games then thoes current psp games. ds is due to finally have some good ones. i'll be pissed tho, if mario kart ds is mk64 with new maps and characters :p

However, Riddle me this! who do you think has the better handheld lineup; Sony or MS? so ha! :sneaky:

Canyarion
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah Kyuzo's point is rediculous. As if the PSP has already won the war.

Nintendo hasn't released 1/4 of their best titles (only Mario and.... Wario perhaps?). Especially Pokémon and Zelda are gonna sell like hot cakes! :D

MuGen
04-12-2005, 01:12 PM
You guys are so fanboy that you choose not to see my point. I never said PSP has won the war already, nor did I say that the line up at E3 doesn't matter.

I meant that Sony doesn't have to have a star lineup for the PSP at E3, because it already has a great line up, and besides the PS3 is being revealed and that's more important at E3 then anything for Sony.

Nintendo specifically said their focus on @ E3 would not be solely the Revolution and would be the DS and their new Zelda game. So it's expected they have more of a line up for E3. So my point IS...

MY POINT ====>
Sony doesn't need to beat Nintendo's E3 line up for handhelds. They've already got some good games out for the PSP and already got good games coming out, so E3 is going to be purely PS3 and some PSP for Sony.
END POINT ====>

Perfect Stu
04-12-2005, 01:26 PM
MY POINT ====>
Sony doesn't need to beat Nintendo's E3 line up for handhelds. They've already got some good games out for the PSP and already got good games coming out, so E3 is going to be purely PS3 and some PSP for Sony.
END POINT ====>

um...PS2?

MuGen
04-12-2005, 01:37 PM
um...PS2?

That too

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
You guys are so fanboy that you choose not to see my point.
Kyuzo, you are not allowed to call someone a fanboy.

DarkMaster
04-12-2005, 02:59 PM
That PSP list is off by about 15 titles.

Perfect Stu
04-12-2005, 03:11 PM

Dont bring that trash in here, Dark. Everyone knows that PSP information from Nintendorks.com is 100% factual...

Wait, why am I even responding to his post? He should have been banned already :mad:

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Really? Remember, this list doesn't include titles headed for both PSP and DS. Whatever titles should be listed, make a list and I will add them and change the tallies.

And Stu, it was from the forums, not the actual site.

MuGen
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Why does anything have to be tallied?

It seems every list submitted to these forums is tallied, and hopefully a "clear" winner is decided. It would be different if lists were submitted with the intent to inform, but the intentions were clear in this thread. The intent to state that the DS lineup for E3 is larger in number.

DarkMaster
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, some titles excluded from the PSP for being multi-console aren't exactly fair. Like Batman Begins will be coming to PSP and GBA, but the PSP version is going to be completely different than the GBA one. Not to mention, that even titles that are shared between the PSP and the DS usually end up being substantially superior on the PSP, for obvious reasons. In light of that, it doesn't make sense to break them down by exclusives.

However, there are a great amount of unlisted titles that will be shown for the PSP at E3. Titles like Makai Wars, Ys, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, GTA, and a few others, there was about 7 or 8 titles like those on the list I received the other day.

I do, however, agree that the Nintendo DS lineup is overall superior. I mean, it depends on the type of gamer, because obviously someone is going to love the crap out of Kirby's Cursed Canvas, while someone else won't...

Point being, people who bought a DS for the type of games it has to offer are going to be happy, and people who bought a PSP for the type of games it has to offer will be equally happy.

MuGen
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I've never seen such an unbiased repy before... +rep

Null
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Better watch his +reps DM, he says +rep but never gives you it. :p hehe

KillerGremlin
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Darren owes me an apology. :mad:

MuGen
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Better watch his +reps DM, he says +rep but never gives you it. :p hehe

Say, I already +repped him, so I can't +rep him again until I find someone else to +rep.

be nice to me null and i'll +rep you so I can +rep him, and we can all +rep each other in this +rep world where +rep is read as plus rep and typed as +rep but both are read as plus rep. You feel me?

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Great post DM. I agree with it completely. +rep from me as well.

As I stated, I simply copied and pasted from a different site. That's why the numbers were there. And Kyuzo, you wouldn't complain if the PSP list had more than the DS list. I didn't complain that you needed to post a tally on which system had more hype, even though your favorite won and mine placed second.

Also, KillerGremlin... why do I owe you an apology?

MuGen
04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, simply because my post was from GI and I didn't tally it up myself.

As I said before... I'm not worried about the PSP's E3 line up... be it inferior or superior to DS' lineup, the PSP ALREADY Has a lot of good games for it. There was no need for me to complain about the PSP being outnumbered by the DS' lineup..... I'm only complaining to the general idea of posting a list and just tallying it up to decide a winner.

KillerGremlin
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Great post DM. I agree with it completely. +rep from me as well.

As I stated, I simply copied and pasted from a different site. That's why the numbers were there. And Kyuzo, you wouldn't complain if the PSP list had more than the DS list. I didn't complain that you needed to post a tally on which system had more hype, even though your favorite won and mine placed second.

Also, KillerGremlin... why do I owe you an apology?

Eh, you don't. It's cool. Water under the bridge. This forum has some heated debates though. :p

DarrenMcLeod
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Hahha indeed it does.

Canyarion
04-13-2005, 05:07 AM
But we all love eachother, don't we? :love:

Perfect Stu
04-13-2005, 05:35 AM
But we all love eachother, don't we? :love:

well, if you put it THAT way...

no.