PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is pissing me off

Teuthida
04-11-2005, 09:08 PM
I constantly get 'this webpage cannot be found' message when I use Firefox. Thought it might be my connection but with IE the pages load no problem. With Firefox I gotta refresh a gazillion times to get it to load. Does anyone else have this problem? I love Firefox so why does it punish me so?

Typhoid
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I get it sometimes, but only on one certain website. Meh, Its normal for me now, I've gotten accustomed to it.

Bube
04-12-2005, 05:48 AM
It happens to me when I press enter or click the go button. But when I search for the same site on Google, then click the link on the search page, it loads without any problems.

Yes, it pisses me off as well.

Null
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
never seen that problem, you all using the latest version? and did it happen before the version you have? perhaps its a bug that will be fixed next version.

MuGen
04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
If you enabled multiple pipelining in your Firefox's about:config page, then you'll get that. The versions right now aren't that stable to handle multiple pipelining.

That suggestion to speed up Firefox? Thats causing this.

The Duggler
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Firefox doesn't cut it for me anymore.

I'm back with Crazy Browser (www.crazybrowser.com)

Happydude
04-12-2005, 01:02 PM
If you enabled multiple pipelining in your Firefox's about:config page, then you'll get that. The versions right now aren't that stable to handle multiple pipelining.

i'm using pipelining, and i have never come across this problem...not yet anyway...

Null
04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Firefox doesn't cut it for me anymore.

I'm back with Crazy Browser (www.crazybrowser.com)

ew. glad im not you. :p that one looks horrible.

if your lookin for one that looks like IE with all the extra features, you should look into Maxthon. http://www.maxthon.com (formally known as MyIE2) they actually look like they know what they're doing compared to the one you listed.

Firefox and Opera are still better, but Maxthon is making some progress and catching up a bit. i wish they'd ditch the IE look and get thier own style tho.

GameMaster
04-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Safari RSS: The browser with built-in newsfeeds. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/safari.html)

Oh man, this must be the ultimate browser of all time.

Teuthida
04-12-2005, 07:40 PM

Ah, thanks. +rep ...if i don't get that error. ;)

EDIT: Nope, that didn't help.

Null
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Safari RSS: The browser with built-in newsfeeds. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/safari.html)

Oh man, this must be the ultimate browser of all time.

one would think it could be but. nope. :D

*note, i've never actually used it im just messing with your head.

The Duggler
04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
ew. glad im not you. :p that one looks horrible.
I don't choose a software for it's look.

Null
04-12-2005, 09:03 PM
well i wouldnt of believed it but its actually worse then it looks. very boring piece noobish piece of software. not tryin to put you down but honestly man, you'd be happier with one made by people who know what the're doing. ppl who made that seem like they're just learning how to do it all.

The Duggler
04-12-2005, 09:13 PM
What the hell?

You already tested it?

Null
04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
tried it at work earlier when you first mentioned it. took me a while actually to make up my mind to whether its better then IE. then i thought, what am i thinking? anythings better then IE. lol

im not fond that they try to copy ie's look instead of making thier own like the one i posted. but this one just seems very amateur. i think it has a memory leak too. not sure on that tho.

The Duggler
04-12-2005, 10:18 PM
So that's all you have? a supposition about a memory leak?

Good try.

And BTW, it's spelled though.

Teuthida
04-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Uninstalled, deleted folder, and reinstalled. So far so good.

Canyarion
04-13-2005, 05:18 AM
I don't use pipeliding and I get the same problem. I have to shut down FF, restart it and then it works.

Null
04-13-2005, 09:09 AM
So that's all you have? a supposition about a memory leak?

Good try.

And BTW, it's spelled though.

lol...

who ever asked me to list everything wrong with it? why would i want to waste my time on that? You wont listen to one thing someone says if you don't like it, so why go through the trouble when i already know what your responce would be?

Just know, your basically still using IE with this, this runs off of and uses IE for its engine, it needs IE installed at working properly for it to work properly. It has all the same flaws and secuity holes that IE has. If you want a program like this, then i would seriously suggest you try Maxthon, its the same in that it runs off of the IE engine also, however that also has improvments that help it run cleaner and faster. (personally i wouldnt use either, i want nothing to do with IE)

And when you yourself use abbreviations, you can't really complain when others use shortened words. But, "Nice Try" anyway. :rolleyes:

The Duggler
04-13-2005, 10:41 AM
hahaha, you don't want to waste time listing crazy browser's problems, but you sure had time looking up how it works and all that.

Way to go buddy.

MuGen
04-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I can't tell you guys how much I love these little squabbles, but in the interest of saving time, can we not argue about third party browsers? I think we all know Firefox owns everything.

Null
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
looking up? didnt i just say from the beginning it was like the other program i listed? I said it was a waste of time explaining to you whats bad because of how you react. Exactly how i pointed it out, you react to anything said that you dont like. I didnt say it was a waste of time to try something new. see, unlike you i actually try new things and test them out, instead of just blindingly running my mouth off to defend a biased unbacked opinion.

Perhaps sometime you should grow up and actually have a discussion without resorting to childish flaming.

MuGen
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
I believe I got into the same arguement over a controller joystick..... I really don't know how it started.

The Duggler
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I just stated that I was using Crazy Browser because firefox wasn't good enough after using it for a few months.

Then Null started.

But I'm the one that is wrong right? :rolleyes:

Null
04-13-2005, 12:16 PM
i made a joke that you seem to have taken too seriously, then i gave you a link i thought would be helpful to you because i thought if you like the one you listed, you'd also probably really like that one too.. thats not how it got turned into an argument.

MuGen
04-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Well in any case, arguements usually originate from something completely oblivious to what is being argued over. So let's just end it there, cuz we obviously aren't in agreement as to who started it.