PDA

View Full Version : Hype Report: GI

MuGen
04-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I took the liberty of scanning this in for you guys to see... it's an interesting report...

http://www.rasengan.net/hypereport.jpg

Dark Samurai
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
No offense Strick, but I think thats fake...

MuGen
04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I get GI from GameStop every month now cuz I got their little card for used games... no offense strick, but I think you need glasses........

Oh... you do wear glasses............ then I dunno what to suggest.

Dark Samurai
04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Well soorry!

Its just that that didnt look "official" to me...

MuGen
04-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Anything that doesn't place Nintendo on the top doesn't look official to you.

But I'll admit, i probably wouldn't have scanned it had PS3 not been on top....

KillerGremlin
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
There's no way those results are accurate, not from just 500 people. Right now, Halo 2 has spread like wildfire at my school, and the Xbox is hotter then sex. I guarantee you if they surveyed 500 males from my school, the Xbox would be the clear winner. One thing that's nice about surveys like that is they can pretty much bend the results as they please. Sure, if I went to inner city Chicago and talked to a bunch of poor black families, I'm sure all of them would say that we need more money for welfare. On the other hand, if I went to a rich white neighborhood, I'm sure they'd say just the opposite. That's a pretty bad example.....but 500 votes. Pffft.

DarkMaster
04-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Why did they only survey 500 people?

DarrenMcLeod
04-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I agree that 500 votes is not enough to call it a reliable survey, but I figure that if there was a better poll run with 100000000 voters, it would still look that way.

I'm most anticipating Revolution for the simple fact that I want to know what the so-called revolution is, but I'm pretty sure that the order the magazine placed them in is pretty close to accurate.

Also, is that an official XBox 360 logo? And official PS3 logo? I was hoping for new logos this time around...

Null
04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
There's no way those results are accurate, not from just 500 people. Right now, Halo 2 has spread like wildfire at my school, and the Xbox is hotter then sex. I guarantee you if they surveyed 500 males from my school, the Xbox would be the clear winner. One thing that's nice about surveys like that is they can pretty much bend the results as they please. Sure, if I went to inner city Chicago and talked to a bunch of poor black families, I'm sure all of them would say that we need more money for welfare. On the other hand, if I went to a rich white neighborhood, I'm sure they'd say just the opposite. That's a pretty bad example.....but 500 votes. Pffft.

Thats why polls choose random people. ;) if you want to poll and see how many people like ice cream, you dont go into an ice cream shop and poll them. you poll completely random people.

technically, as long as they're completely random, it wouldnt really matter how many people were polled. the results should stay in the same basic area.

MuGen
04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Darren, I'm pretty sure the ps3 will be like that. And the Xbox 360 logo looks official cuz I haven't seen that X globe before, especially since it's called 360 now....the globe and everything....

I think they slapped together that revolution logo.

Null
04-11-2005, 06:56 PM
playstation logo has always been and prolly will continue to be the colorful PS
and they prolly will continue to write PS3 the way they wrote PS2, i dont really consider that a logo tho.

the xbox one i believe is completely fake. and i dont even think nintendos name will be anything close to 'revolution'

but we'll see. :)

Bond
04-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Some polls are totally inaccurate and worthless. This is one of them.

Null
04-11-2005, 07:01 PM
honestly, im not seeing how its so much inaccurate, just from going around message boards and websites, that totally reflects the feeling of what people are excited to learn more about.

However, i think i have the answer as to why its only 500 people. thats how many people read the magazine. :)

The Duggler
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
That thing doesn't look like it was scanned at all.

Canyarion
04-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Looks more like someone took a digital picture of it. :hmm:

DarrenMcLeod
05-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but recently there was a crazy survey done by Famitsu to see what most people were hyped up about... and PS3 didn't win. I was flabbergasted. Here are the results:

Nintendo revolution: 42.2 %
Sony Playstation 3: 39.8 %
Microsoft Xbox 360: 18.0 %

Playgressive has a translation: http://playgressive.com/pivot/entry.php?id=162#body

Dyne
05-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Less is more.

Stonecutter
05-29-2005, 11:59 PM
I agree that 500 votes is not enough to call it a reliable survey, but I figure that if there was a better poll run with 100000000 voters, it would still look that way.

Most professional pollsters agree that 1500 is generally the magic number to determine a fairly accurate result with a random sample.