PDA

View Full Version : CookieGate

BreakABone
04-10-2005, 06:05 PM
It's the biggest scandal to hit airwaves since who knows when.

Bigger than Lunatics, bigger than Batman Beyond, bigger than Tiny Toons.. it's cookiegate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7421924

Teuthida
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Talking eggplants and carrots...so they expect kids to grow emotionally attached to these characters...and then eat them? Or will we see Cookie Monster go on a murderous rampage scarffing down these personified veggies? ...little green screams...

Swan
04-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Reminds me of SNL last night.

PILATES MONSTER!

KillerGremlin
04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
As a 17-year old male, I still think the majority of vegetables taste like sh*t.

My opinion hasn't changed much from when I was 5. Cookies are still better then carrots.

I mean...do you really expect this to drasticaly change 5-year olds? I doubt it.

Hell, even now, I hate working out. But I do it because it's good. You can't teach a 5-year old that psychology.

Teuthida
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Just make all veggies round and cookie-shaped.

Typhoid
04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I dont think giving a carrot a face, googly eyes, and a cute high pitched voice will make little kids want to eat them. Do kids want to eat Elmo shaped objects? Or what about big yellow birds? I doubt it. familiarizing children with food they are supposed to eat as characters will only make them rebel against them more claiming they are their friends, and that they can do tricks, talk and dance.

Ginkasa
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I've seen Elmo and Big Bird birthday cakes...

/me shrugs and walks away

Jason1
04-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Yea, I heard about this. I used to respect Cookie Monster. Now hes just another sellout like all the rest.

At least we still have Oscar the Grouch right? That guy knows what life is really like.

GameMaster
04-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Tis a sad, sad day when modern day parents are able to ruin and taint a 36 year-old legacy with their disheveled beliefs on healthy eating for life.

At least we still have Oscar the Grouch right? That guy knows what life is really like.

Very true. Oscar provides children with a realistic perspective on life and I can vouch for that. +rep :lol: Let's hope they don't put him on anti-depressants.

Swan
04-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Yea, I heard about this. I used to respect Cookie Monster. Now hes just another sellout like all the rest.

I believe he's cranky because he lives in a trash can. Put him in a house.

I was just thinking, did he ever have to deal with garbage men?

Typhoid
04-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Next they'll put Oscar in a recycling bin to teach kids how to recycle.

The Germanator
04-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Eh, so all we are getting is a tamed down Cookie Monster? Totally lame.

South Africans at least got the new Sesame Street character that had AIDS...

Seth
04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Well, cookie monster never actually ate the cookies. Just crumbled and dropped on the floor. fraud!

So I don't really feel that bad about this. There's too many fatass children.

Joeiss
04-12-2005, 09:58 AM
That is pretty weak... But I would chose a bowl of steamed broccoli over a cookie any day...

KillerGremlin
04-12-2005, 04:13 PM
That is pretty weak... But I would chose a bowl of steamed broccoli over a cookie any day...

Who dropped you on your head? :confused:

MuGen
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Steamed brocoli sounds good right about now, with some sour cream. I've always liked Vege-tables when presented with some form of dip.

Swan
04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Steamed brocoli sounds good right about now, with some sour cream. I've always liked Vege-tables when presented with some form of dip.
Brocoli with cheese sauce. Yummmm :D

Joeiss
04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Who dropped you on your head? :confused:

Nobody. I just like brocolli better than cookies, that is all.

But cookiemonster is still definitely a ****ing sellout.

Hero2
04-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Just make all veggies round and cookie-shaped.

Thats a genius ideal. We can also add some some oatmeal and rasins to them, or chocolate chips, then replace the veggies with some type of floury mixture for better shaping, like a sugary dough and throw the veggies away. :D

Back on topic

Ive alwase prefered veggies and fruits over other sweets. cookies and candy alwase leave an artifical sweet flavor in your mouth after eating them. veggies have a more wide range of flavors. candy alwase tastes like candy(some even taste the same even though there differnt flavors) but depending on how you cook the veggies you can make them taste sweet, sour, hot, mild, tart, crisp or melt in your mouth delicious.

Yan
04-13-2005, 07:40 AM
I love veggies! :D This may be a little too much information but I have had issues with my digestive system so I'll need all the fibre I can get.

I prefer vegetables over fruits though... Possibly it's because I prefer savoury food compared to sweet ones and I reckon stir fry brocolli will taste so much better than say stir fry strawberries...

Fruits are easier to prepare though... :p

fingersman
04-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Man I remember when Sesame Street use to be good, with Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Kermit, Barkley, Super Grover/ Grover, Ernie and Bert..........now Sesame Street is all about Elmo and Big Bird........bah. Well atleast Oscar's still holding firm. :)