PDA

View Full Version : Viewtiful DS and PSP

Crash
04-07-2005, 03:22 PM
VJoe Scratch! For DS: Traditional sidescroller VJ with action on bottom screen, zoom ins on top screen and special moves include cutting billboards with finger on touchscreen for it to fall on enemies for example.

VJoe VFX Battle for GC and PSP: Fighting game

DS SCAN HERE:
http://img162.exs.cx/img162/1328/up317314hb.jpg

PSP SCAN HERE:
http://www.almokla.com/uploads/Img/vjscan.jpg

Blackmane
04-07-2005, 03:47 PM
This one will probably be good on both handhelds. PSP will have some better graphics, but its refresh rate might make it not look quite as smooth.

I'm just glad that developers are indeed taking advantage of the DS touch screen by making two different games. Hopefully more developers will take that trend so the DS has software that boasts the touchiness.

Crash
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
i'm just glad to see that nintendo ds is going to be getting some decent games soon.

GameMaster
04-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm forward to both games. Fighting with Viewtiful Joe style attacks will be simply awesome. And the 'Touch Components' for the DS title will be fun and ingeniously innovative.

Perfect Stu
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
both games look and sound cool

MuGen
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
i never really got into Viewtiful Joe... but since I have a PSP I might as well try it out.

DarrenMcLeod
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Viewtiful Joe is so awesome. Definitely looking forward to it.

Crash
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
http://uploadyourimages.com/img/147455s001a.jpg

ooh, awesome... top screen zooms, bottom screen still... this game will rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobcat
04-10-2005, 05:30 AM
cool........

I kinda am looking forward to the DS version first off over the PSP version due to the touch screen.

Both will be great I'm sure

Null
04-10-2005, 10:08 AM
so what is the touch screen gunna do on this game? you poke what enemy you want to fight?

DarkMaster
04-10-2005, 11:57 AM
In a recent publication of Famitsu Magazine, Capcom's Atsushi Inaba let loose some details about the company's upcoming Viewtiful Joe title for the Nintendo DS. Tentatively titled as Scratch! Viewtiful Joe, the game looks to be an extension of the current console series. Scratch! Viewtiful Joe, however, will incorporate touch-screen abilities; for instance, dragging your finger across the screen enables the "Split VFX," which can slice an object in half.

Players once again assume the role of Viewtiful Joe as he tries to take back a stolen film that his mentor, Captain Blue, was producing. Scratch! Viewtiful Joe also features a new character: Jasmine--Joe's younger sister (and aspiring actress) will make her first appearance in the series.
Apparently you scratch different indicated areas on the screen, and Joe will fighting accordingly.

Null
04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
:hmm: ok, a pointless feature just trying to force touch screen onto a game. thankfully its an option tho, and i can still press buttons. :)

DarrenMcLeod
04-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I'm also more looking forward to the DS version over the PSP/Cube versions because I prefer side scrolling platformer over a fighting game.

Null
04-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'm also more looking forward to the DS version over the PSP/Cube versions because I prefer side scrolling platformer over a fighting game.

cubes getting a fighting game version also?

DarrenMcLeod
04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it's coming to Cube as well.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/06/news_6121791.html?tag=lastword_ds_headline

bobcat
04-10-2005, 05:32 PM
:hmm: ok, a pointless feature just trying to force touch screen onto a game. thankfully its an option tho, and i can still press buttons. :)

I'm sure there's more than just that feature.

Null
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm sure there's more than just that feature.

hope not. i want my side scroller to use buttons, like it always has. why would i want to take my fingers off the buttons to use a touch screen? As i've been saying theres some games that could take quite an advantage of a touch screen, theres others tho it just seems like they're forcing it onto the game just to promote the system. that i dont like.

bobcat
04-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Ah there is more than just this....

"One of the touch-screen moves is called the "split VFX," which divides the screen into two halves. This is accomplished when players pass their finger horizontally across the screen. The move causes objects on the screen to get "sliced" and become horizontally displaced. For example, players can use the split VFX to slice a large billboard on the screen, and then drop it on top of an enemy half a screen away.

The bottom screen will be used for playing the game, while the upper screen zooms in on areas of the game where users are recommended to use the touch-sensitive capabilities. At other times, the upper screen appears to zoom in on Joe. "

I guess it's not just about the touch screen abilities, but having the additional screen changes the experience somewhat.

I'll wait and see how the touch screen works with the game. Maybe some mini games would be cool 2