View Full Version : Photoshop = nice!

D-Man
03-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Even better when it's free :D

I made myself a nice new avatar.

I also did this one: http://stratscentral.netfirms.com/ZeldaMM2.jpg

GameMaster
03-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Where did you get Photoshop for free! Can I have it have it? :D ;)

Just joking, I'm getting Photoshop 7 for OS X soon, unless someone has it already and would like to allow me to download it for free. :D ;) Joking again.

D-Man
03-17-2002, 10:54 PM
Well, I don't know, I was just saying that it waz my parents that bought it. ;)

GameMaster
03-17-2002, 11:13 PM
Well, those are awesome avatars. Bravo. :D

Gamer
03-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by D-Man
Even better when it's free :D

I made myself a nice new avatar.

I also did this one: http://stratscentral.netfirms.com/ZeldaMM2.jpg

Dude, thats a sweet picture, i want photoshop! I thought that microsoft picture it was good, but i cant make anything look that good! would you be able to give a little bit bigger picture of the zelda one?

vstyrt
03-18-2002, 11:11 AM

Double A's at the end, not in the middle. ;)

I really need to get around to downloading it and working with it a bit, but I have enough trouble messing with actionscript in flash. : /

BigJustinW
03-18-2002, 11:40 AM
I need a new Avatar... my old one was a tragedy... (goes to WWF.com)

Perfect Stu
03-18-2002, 01:40 PM
how in the world do you do that? I have Photoshop but I don't have a clue of what to do with it.

gekko
03-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002
Just joking, I'm getting Photoshop 7 for OS X soon, unless someone has it already and would like to allow me to download it for free. :D ;) Joking again.

You're still looking for 7? It's been leaked since like... November, man.

gamer, Photoshop is without a doubt, the best 2D graphics program. That's why so many people try to pirate it (cheap bastards, can't even afford a $600 program they won't ever figure out how to use), and why so many businesses use it. It's also one of the hardest to learn, as Perfect Stu points out. That's why there are courses offered on Photoshop, and mastering Photoshop can get you a well paying job. Microsoft Picture just well... sucks in comparison.

Xantar
03-18-2002, 04:07 PM
What exactly are the changes made in Photoshop 7? I have version 5, you see, so I want to know if the extra quid will be worth it. I also have version 6 available here at Swarthmore. Is it worth upgrading?

P.S. Just going to move this over to the Computers Forum...

GameMaster
03-18-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by gekko
You're still looking for 7? It's been leaked since like... November, man.

Yeah, except I'm getting the official version with everything. Not the demo or whatever leaked...

When I get it I'll put it up for you to download unless you already have it. :)

vstyrt
03-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002

Yeah, except I'm getting the official version with everything. Not the demo or whatever leaked...

When I get it I'll put it up for you to download unless you already have it. :)

You can already get the full version for free. ; )

gekko
03-18-2002, 05:26 PM
I am still using beta 43. Have access to 51, but it's not worth the download. Only reason I got 7 is cause I don't want to reboot into OS 9 to use my (legal, surprising ain't it?) copy of Photoshop 5.5.

I haven't heard of the final version getting leaked. I'll be upgrading when it hits the stores. I just hope Photoshop isn't like Office X, where the keycode expires about a week before I get my upgrade in the mail. A week of booting into 9 to check email was horrible!

Xantar, I can't tell you specifically what the changes are. 7 supports OS X, even though you have a horrible computer, if you get a new one, you'll want that. I know 6 had some changes, like the addition of vector graphics. Photoshop 7 is nice though, the different layout of stuff, and the new Aqua buttons. Can't specifically tell you the updates, check Adobe's page, but it's looking good.

The_Dunadan
03-18-2002, 06:23 PM
i think those could use some work:D congrats though. i'm about to get photo 6 methinks, lest i find out something good bout 7 and decide to wait. i get it for free too;)

ps. i'm not officially back to the forums yet

D-Man
03-18-2002, 06:53 PM
I did those with the 6.0 version, didn't see any 7.0 ones.

Stu: I never used Photoshop or any programs like those until yesterday, I was just messing around with some effects. (filter/artistic/neon glow and filter/render/difference clouds.

gamer: http://stratscentral.netfirms.com/ZeldaMM.jpg

GameMaster
03-19-2002, 01:36 AM
Gekko, you wanna give me a link or something so I can download it, buddy! :D

The_Dunadan
03-19-2002, 09:14 PM
just go to some warez site. i'm sure u could find one dat has it. make sure its a good site though, don't want any viruses or anything.

(still not officially back yet:D)

GameMaster
03-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Man, I ain't never going back to Warez. That site is so cheap ass and kinky. I send my browser to the main site and 5 minutes of loading later I have about 20 pop ads of naked women trying to seduce me. All these flash animations of young, blond women unstrapping right in front of me. Then when I try to close them more pop up, err :mad: I've been close to being to being caught with all this on my monitor. Man would I get in trouble. Any other places?

Gamer
03-19-2002, 11:07 PM
I did those with the 6.0 version, didn't see any 7.0 ones.

Stu: I never used Photoshop or any programs like those until yesterday, I was just messing around with some effects. (filter/artistic/neon glow and filter/render/difference clouds.

gamer: http://stratscentral.netfirms.com/ZeldaMM.jpg

aww, thank you:D

GameMaster
03-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Is that Gamer's new avatar?

Gamer
03-20-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Is that Gamer's new avatar?

Not yet, but if D-man doesnt mind it might be. would you mind man?

Ric
03-20-2002, 05:25 PM
I have about 20 pop ads of naked women trying to seduce me. All these flash animations of young, blond women unstrapping right in front of me.

:stud: What did you say that site was again? :stud:

BTW it's Blonde not blond.

The_Dunadan
03-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Man, I ain't never going back to Warez. That site is so cheap ass and kinky. I send my browser to the main site and 5 minutes of loading later I have about 20 pop ads of naked women trying to seduce me. All these flash animations of young, blond women unstrapping right in front of me. Then when I try to close them more pop up, err :mad: I've been close to being to being caught with all this on my monitor. Man would I get in trouble. Any other places?

warez isn't just one site u know? thats just how it sounds in your post. nways, yeh, i know what u mean, but how else would they get there money?

D-Man
03-20-2002, 10:37 PM
you can have it, but just don't link from my site, upload it on one of yours ok? :)

Gamer
03-21-2002, 02:41 AM
ekiee , thanx man.

GameMaster
03-22-2002, 01:34 AM
Free Photoshop 7, looking for a link, anyone?

Oh fine, I'll just pay for it, sheesh ;)

-apu-
03-29-2002, 12:54 AM
i don't no about 7 but 6 u can get free on kazaa/morpheus, and it's a lot cheaper than $600 (it's free);)

sdtPikachu
03-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by -apu-
i don't no about 7 but 6 u can get free on kazaa/morpheus, and it's a lot cheaper than $600 (it's free);)

I would avoid getting an app of a file sharing network if I were you. Stick to warez sites if you must. If a warez site has ****ty of virus-ridden software, it goes down. If you get your app from a filesharer, you have no idea what could be in it. There's plenty of trojans hidden in filesharer apps (and no, your virus scanner probably won't detect them).

Best option for warez (esp. on dialup) is to find a friend with it and get them to burn the downloaded file onto a CD for you so you can install it.

I don't approve of alot of warez, but I don't care about Photoshop cos I think Adobe are bastards (namely trying to prosecute a Russian hacker under American law).

GameMaster
03-31-2002, 07:57 PM
Well I doubt many Mac applications are "injected" with trojans, simply because it isn't worth the time for the creator. It's too late for me anyways. I now have Adobe Photoshop 7 for Mac OS X absolutley free. :D

The_Dunadan
04-01-2002, 12:06 PM
i'm still waiting for the full version to come out on the internet. the beta is out but it still has a few bugs in it. my friend gets em for me cause he has cable and i only have dial-up(just for a few more montsh:D).

UncleNoName
04-01-2002, 02:48 PM
Free Photoshop 7, looking for a link, anyone?

Oh fine, I'll just pay for it, sheesh ;)

You can find Photoshop 7(beta) easily on mIRC. Just check a few warez channels, you'll find at least one FServ with it.

GameMaster
04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks Generic but I got it now. :)

BTW Dunadan, mine is the real stuff.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download Microsoft Office v. X ....