PDA

View Full Version : What Wrestling Events Have You Been To?

Joeiss
01-19-2002, 02:29 PM
What Wrestling Events Have You Been To? WCW, WWF, ECW, AWA... Which ones have you been to and which event was it?

I have been to:

WCW Nitro: This was in Toronto. The best thing about it was when Hogan was posing for about 5 minutes after the show was over. It was sweet. Also, Hogan fought DDP, and they went to the front entrance and fought, it was cool.

WCW Mayhem: This was also in Toronto. I got to see Bret Hart wrestle two times, and his match against Chris Benoit was one of the best technical matches I have ever seen. Also, I got to see Screaming Norman Smily win the Hardcore title, that match was funny.

WWF Show: I don't even remember who was wrestling at this house show, because I was only 3 and a half, but I got a WWF Championship Belt. I have have it, too!

nWoCHRISnWo
01-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Seeing as how there have only been WWF events here (and Stampede wrestling, but I wasn't even born it was still good) I've only been to WWF events.

I can't remember them all, but I've been to every single one that came to Edmonton since I was born, which is one WWF Smackdown!, one WWF Raw is War, and about ten house shows.

The house shows pretty much sucked, but I got front row for about five of them so that was okay. And as a little mark it was great seeing Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Yokozuna running into the ropes so it looked like he was gonna go through them so my mom pulled me out of the way, etc. I got a bunch of wrestling crap from the events, like Owen Hart shirts, Hart Foundation shirts, Austin shirts, Sunny shirts, WWF Championship replicas, etc. But one of my favourite moments of all the house shows was one where I was front row and there was a tag team match, heel Owen Hart and British Bulldog vs some other team. Owen was on the apron right beside me as Bulldog was in the ring. I kept yelling for him and finally he looked and I held up my sign I made with Owen pics from magazines, then the late, great Owen gave me the thumbs up! I was like a little mark going "sdfsdgfdfsg!" It was that damn good.

Raw was pretty sweet, May 29th, 1997 I believe. WCW and WWF were both kicking ass in 1997, and it was just great to see the Hart Foundation. They all came out wearing Edmonton Oiler jerseys, and listened to the Canadian national anthem at the beginning of the show.

I went to Smackdown! May 28th 2001. This was when Austin was a champ, and was the night after Vince reenacted the Montreal screwhob on Benoit in Calgary with the Hart family at ringside. That piece of ****. Anyway, the Smackdown! the previous week showcased the first TLC match on free TV, TLC 3. I was might pissed that I missed that match by only one ****ing week, but I wouldn't have taken it over what I actually got. Chris Benoit vs Steve Austin, the main event of that Smackdown! is widely known as one of, if not THE best match of the year. Being there was great, best live match I've seen and one of the best matches I've seen live, on TV, or anywhere.

And Joeiss, that must have been sweet to be at the Hart-Benoit match live.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-19-2002, 11:11 PM
Raw. 2/8/99.

Main Event was Austin vs Corporation in a Gauntlet match.

Pretty much sucked ass

Nitro, 3/17/99.

The same one as Joesis.

like 4 house shows.

and Raw 9/3/01.

Was the Austin baby pool episode

and For the grand finale.. i will be at

3/17/02

WM x-8

:P

Ridley
01-20-2002, 05:04 PM
Well I've been to 3 WWF house shows (two in Moncton and one in Halifax) and one Raw which was in Halifax. It was the one where Bret Hart had a flag match with I think Shawn Michaels, then Owen, Pillman, and Neidhart came down at the end and Bret won. That show was awesome :D. And that's about all :(.