PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 3

DarkMaster
03-06-2005, 04:22 PM
So has anyone tried this game out yet? I rented it just a few days ago, and holy crap is it hard. Profoundly badass beyond words, but insanely hard all the same. Apparently the US version's normal difficulty is the Japanese version's hard mode, so I guess Capcom figured we would find it to be too easy...

And I don't mean it eventually gets extremely difficult, the second mission in the game kicked my ass about 5 times before I beat it. And the third mission....dear god. It's not so much the fact that it's incredibly hard as it's the complete lack of a checkpoint system. You spend sometimes over an hour struggling through an intensely difficult mission, only to get ABSOLUTELY RAPED by the boss at the end (and there is a boss at the end of EVERY mission), and then you must start the ENTIRE mission over again.

So yeah, this sh*t is damn hard, makes Ninja Gaiden look like cake (and for those who managed to beat that, I'm sure you're probably terrified of DMC3 now).

But when you're not getting completely annihilated by enemies, this game is tremendously badass. Right at the second mission, I was preforming more insanely amazing combos and moves than I did in the whole of DMC1. And there's a very nice variety of weapons, each with an incredible amount of maneuvers, and you can switch between weapons on the fly by simply tapping L2 or R2, making for some unbelievable spectacles in combat.

If you're looking for some extreme action, or just feel like getting your ass kicked, go check out DMC3. I just want to say thank you to Capcom for coming back with an awesome addition to the DMC series, especially after the disgrace that was DMC2.

Vampyr
03-06-2005, 04:43 PM
This game is one my "most wanted" list at the moment. I didn't know about it's extreme difficulty, but that makes me even more excited! I love difficult games.

But you're right, I am scared, because Ninja Gaiden kicked my ass.

Ginkasa
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Apparently the US version's normal difficulty is the Japanese version's hard mode, so I guess Capcom figured we would find it to be too easy...

Remember the days when some games wouldn't be brought over at all because they were deemed too difficult for us pansy American gamers? Yeah, that thought sure has changed...

/me shrugs and walks away

Stonecutter
03-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I really, really, really, really, really want this game.

Really.

KillerGremlin
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah, Devil May Cry 3 looks kick ass. The Gamespot review said that it was hard as f***, but once you get past the initial curve, they said it is one of the best action games ever. I'm considering picking this one up.

Dylflon
03-07-2005, 01:48 AM
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2005/20050304l.jpg

Ginkasa
03-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I would sooo have switched to "easy."

/me shrugs and walks away

Vampyr
03-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Personally, I would have waited for ultimate f***ing ***** mode too.

:D

MuGen
03-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I heard the 4th installment would be called "Devil Just Cried: Come See!"

DarkMaster
03-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Easy mode doesn't help at all with the difficulty in this game.

Solid Snake
03-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Ninja Gaiden was hard, but once you get pass the learning curve it isn't so bad.

Don't know if I will buy DMC 3, but may rent it.

BTW, has anyone ever beat Turok 2 for N64? I don't think I made it past the third level before I gave up. Most difficult game ever created.

Swan
03-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah, this game is hard, I'm on easy mode and having trouble with certain bosses. But I love this game, it is up there with my favorite games. My favorite weapon, just because of the concept of it is the magical electric guitar the shoots bats. Yes, I typed that correctly. Electric guitar that shoots bats. Well technically it summons bats and sends them to attack people. I've been pulling of the wicked guitar solo so much, I think I spent about ten minutes screwing around when I first got it. Almost as fun as kicking chickens in Fable.
But my favorite weapon for attacking is Cerberus, the triple nun-chuks, it is so cool. RIght now I'm on the blue flaming horse who tows a carriage with spikes. Only tryed it once and I got to the colliseum part.

ulala06
06-15-2005, 10:41 PM
this game is kicking my ass so hard. i'm loving every second of it though.

oh man, i love this game...

i play for 45 min... get pissed off, curse a while, and then start my mission over. lol

BUY THIS GAME.

ps: hooray for easy mode... even though it's still really difficult.