PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4 Thread

MuGen
02-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok, I had to make a new thread, because "Picked up my GT4 yesterday..." just doesn't cut it. Now that we've all had time to play our Gran Turismo's or had time to discuss some of the fascinations in this game, we're ready for our first impressions.

I firmly believe that this is the BEST driving simulator out right now. I even played Forza and the cars don't even look as nice, and they don't even have as MUCH cars.

I love the Historic Showroom where we can see much older cars like my first '88 Accord Coupe, or the Ford Model T '15. I was browsing through the USA Showroom and of course saw the Saleen and creamed myself. Another one was the Jay Leno TANK CAR..... I dunno why it's there but it's gigantumungous.

Overall Score for GT4: 9.8
Reason: Awesome GFX, Awesome Soundtrack, Great car list
Reason for .2 deficit: I never give 10's....

Joeiss
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm 0.1% complete the game!!!!

MuGen
02-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey don't feel bad, I've been playing for a week and a half and am only into it 2.7%

Happydude
02-28-2005, 04:44 PM
...YOU BASTARDS!!! :baby:

Solid Snake
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Yes GT4 is the best driving simulator out there. I am only like 2% of the way through the game after about 30 races or so.

I think besides the vast amount of cars, or the amount and variety of circuits to race on, or the reallistic physics, what I find best about this game is how rewarding it is. Winning cars is just plain awsome and the cars that you win are freaking cool. There is no greater satsifaction than beating that 2 hour endurance race and winning a car like the Corvette C5-R.

I still have a few complaints, the AI in the game is pretty dumb, they should have had online play, and they should make it so you can alter the apperance of your car other than just a spoiler and wheels. Leaving car damage out of the game is fine, it would be too hard to get right.

My score: 9.7 out of 10

Crash
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
I just might pick up forza... maaaayyybe....

SNAKE, GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Duggler
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Is some of you experiencing video problems with the game?

I notice it especially at the beginning and at the end of races, it's like horizontal lines across the screen. Looks like a resolution problem within the game. It's no big deal, but still.

Am I the only one?

Solid Snake
03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I haven't noticed any problems with the video. Maybe there is something wrong with your cables or your TV connections?