PDA

View Full Version : Actual Revolution Picture with Start Up Screen

Teuthida
02-25-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Googleplexer/Revolution/revpic__lightened.jpg

It's bright because the original pic (http://www.4colorrebellion.com/media/pics/feb/rev_alpha_dark.jpg) was kinda dark. Can read the screen better in it though.

“A couple of weeks ago I brought you all word on some system specs for the Revolution which I got from an inside source. Now that same source has provided me with a picture of the Revolution. He said that this is NOT the final system. He said it’s already changed since this picture was taken. This is just a devolopment system for in house use. He also said that it isn’t assembled completely in this picture. He said the front had been taken off so they could test some things.

The picture is pretty dark and you can’t really see much of the system but you do get a nice look at a start up screen and what possibly may be the new logo.

He claims this is real but who knows for sure. So believe it or don’t but it’s nice to see something. ”

“I’m the one that posted that pic of the Revolution that everyone is fighting over right now. Well I wrote down some of the things you people were saying and I went and asked my source (we’ll call him Mario lol) about it.

1. The start up screen looks like crap

Mario’s Response: That was a prototype/development system. Which means it’s still being worked on. Which means there are a lot of things that will change including that start up screen. Gamecube, N64, and all other Nintendo systems go through similiar processes.

2. It’s so huge!

Mario’s Response: It’s smaller than the Gamecube in that picture! That’s a 17 inch display in the background. It’s just a close up shot.

3. Nintendo wouldn’t let you take a picture of that!

Mario’s Response: Obviously. They didn’t let me. I took it without permission. Although it doesn’t really matter because it doesn’t divulge any information anyway.

4. That logo is ugly/ that start up screen is stupid/ Nintendo wouldn’t use that start up screen/ why is there info about ram and harddrive and core voltage/why is it being displayed on a computer monitor?

Mario’s Response: Two words: development system. You people have no clue how a system is developed. It’s not like we manufacture parts and then put it together. We piece things together, sometimes from left over parts. We use breadboards sometimes. A majority of the initial work is done on computers. Once the system is actually blue printed we make mock up systems which work nothing like the final production models. For example the Gamecube development system used cartridges! Programs were dumped from computers onto carts so that we didn’t have to burn CD’s or DVD’s constantly. So what that all means is this system is radically different than the production model or even the preproduction model.

Things like RAM and core voltage are displayed because that’s vital information to know. A lot of things go wrong during testing. CPU temperatures sky rocket. Harddrives crash. RAM fails. That’s why it’s displayed on screen, it’s vital info. It actually stays on screen the whole time, not just start up. The logo is just a splash screen some tech made. Most likely that won’t even be the name of the final system.

It’s on a computer monitor because all systems are tested this way. Like I said we don’t manufacture parts then assemble a mock up. We use existing hardware. So we use a type of video card. Plus the system is connected to a workstation throughout most of the testing.

5. It’s running hot/boiling

Mario’s Response: It sure is. We were having heat issues. That temperature is still within normal parameters. The case was also partially disassembled. The case aids in air flow. Without it air can’t circulate like it should.

6. What’s with all the Pepsi?

Mario’s Response: We like Pepsi. Actually Nintendo and Pepsi will be doing some promotions in Japan and also some more this summer in the US. The US promotion was going to run this month in the US but Pepsi had a prior deal with Apple and iTunes, so Nintendo decided to postpone it until summer. Pepsi sent all Nintendo offices cases of free soda.

So there you go everyone. ”

MuGen
02-25-2005, 04:56 PM
LOL Crash's thunder has been caught and sent back to him for burning. You posted under HIS thread and made a new one... lol

Teuthida
02-25-2005, 05:01 PM
All better. Deleted it from his topic. Poor Crash.

Anyway, only thing bad about this is if it's real it's all gonna change anyway. All that will probably stay the same is the fact that it's smaller than a cube and maybe the ports.

Man, I dunno about the temperature and saying it's running way too hot. That's my comp's temp on a cool day. The other day came home and it was at a scary 67 C.

Jonbo298
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
If that is indeed legit, it'll be interesting to see how this comes about. I see 4 USB ports on the side...hmmmm

Crash
02-25-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah, this doesn't say anything.. .blue light, maybe that's like the infered stuff I posted

Teuthida
02-25-2005, 05:39 PM
^ Yup. If it's real, it's completely useless to us. Well ok, let's see what we do know from it. Disc loading like cube it seems instead of a tray. 4 USB ports...could be used for the controllers and perhaps memory cards. Cube-shaped. Informative indded.

The only thing that bothers me about the info supplied is the guy feels the need to defend it being hooked up to a comp monitor when Nintendo said that it will be able to be directly hooked up to either a tv or a monitor.

EDIT: Bah. So quickly to be disproven. I feel sad even posting this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/BlindCinema/REVHOAXCDDR.jpg

Null
02-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Ha! its a face, that things cool. turn it clockwise, thoes 3 half circles are eyes, big black circle its nose and then it has a huge smile.

i like it! what was it? i will go buy it whatever it is. lol

Crash
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
heh heh sweet

DarrenMcLeod
02-26-2005, 03:18 AM
It was fun while it lasted... I guess.