PDA

View Full Version : What makes a cool Zelda game?

Canyarion
02-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok here are some ideas for a cool Zelda game. Nintendo will probably never know about this, but there's dreaming. :)

I want an epic story. Look at this comic page:
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/comicviewer/comicsandtvshow/alttpcomic/chapter2/24b.gif

The Hylians made these elite weapons a long time ago. You never hear that in the games. It's really much cooler to know this. -->
Have a cool background/history and TELL IT! Preferably by cut-scenes.

Use the retro aspects of the series in a cooler way
Imagine that at one point in the game you enter the Golden Realm. How about a movie with some cool voice saying the following verse:
In a realm beyond sight,
the sky shines gold not blue,
there the triforces might
makes mortal dreams come true
Real fans will go CRAZY over this. These are legendary and nostalgic things.

You add some more now. I'm thinking of stuff like gorgeous soundtracks (orchestrated music, like they make for the CDs!!) and more.

GameMaster
02-24-2005, 05:45 PM
I think music and visual design make a Zelda game cool. Being able to trigger an emotional responce from the player also makes it cool. Whether it's sad or awe-inspired. If you can make a gamer feel something other then typical gamer feelings, than you've made a good game.

Canyarion
03-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Did I mention music? Have some orchestrated music! I don't get it... they orchestrate it anyway, why not put it in the game?? :confused:

Neo
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
A hearty rape scene.

DarkMaster
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Lots of firepower. Full of surprises. And it should never stop dancing.

Xantar
03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
A hearty rape scene.

Just like the one in my fanfic which everybody here should read. :)