PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my GT4 yesterday...

MuGen
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
.... The game is above and beyond my expectations. The graphics and the cars are stunning and nothing I've ever seen before on the PS2 outside of Final Fantasy X. Even the gameplay seems like it should be a CG movie. The cars are shiny and purdy and they really took into detail for this game.

The photomode was the funnest thing of all, being a Photographer with my dream car. You can also transfer 100,000cr from GT3 data, if you have saved.

The first time I raced and watched the Replay.... I really felt like I was watching the intro again.... not to mention the intro was S I K!

Has anyone else picked theirs up yet and gotten a taste of it?

Solid Snake
02-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't know you could transfer some of the data from GT3 to GT4, I hope that means I could transfer the cars from GT3 to GT4. Let me know if that's the case, so I can go pick a copy up ASAP.

Oh you mean transfer 100,000 credits, that is still worth picking up a copy.

MuGen
02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
You can transfer UP TO 100,000 Credits from GT3 and your licenses from GT3. But not the cars.

Crash
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
wait, can solid snake make a second memory card with the same info, so i can transfer his credits to me and to him.... i'm lazy and dont wanna spend forever racing datsons to get money

Solid Snake
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I am pretty sure you can copy files to differernt memory cards. If you buy a memory card I can copy everything on mine to yours, I have all the licenses and a several million credits.

MuGen
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
You can transfer as many times from one GT3 file as you want as long as they are to different profiles in the game.

I bought a car, was unsaitsfied with it's drive and deleted the GT4game save and restarted the system, created a new name and transferred credits again, and then I transferred my friend's licenses from HIS card.

Joeiss
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
It is in the mail... Should arrive to my rez on Friday or Monday.

MuGen
02-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Good job! You'll love this game... I guaruntee it.... Photo mode will have you sitting there for hours finding your car in the best photos ever!

Vampyr
02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm currently trying to decide wether to buy this game, or RE4 or Star Fox Assault.

I have wanted GT4 forever, though. Aren't there like 700 cars available in the game? That's just insane.

Is anyone going to pick up the logitech steering wheel with 900 degree rotation that was built specifically for this game?

Joeiss
02-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm currently trying to decide wether to buy this game, or RE4 or Star Fox Assault.

I have wanted GT4 forever, though. Aren't there like 700 cars available in the game? That's just insane.

Is anyone going to pick up the logitech steering wheel with 900 degree rotation that was built specifically for this game?

Only if I get it as a present.

Null
02-23-2005, 06:41 PM

i'd like to. thinking about it.

But, if anyone wants to get it, i wouldnt recommend a store. in stores its $150.

online, amazon.com $100
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DC64H/qid=1109202031/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-5633452-5948747?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Null
02-23-2005, 11:22 PM
HOLY SHIZNIT!!!

i did not realize this was able to be done...... photomode kicksASS now.

i can take a picture of my car, plug in my USB flash drive into the PS2, save the picture onto the flash drive!!!!!! that owns. got some GREAT new wallpapers for my pc now :):):)

my first picture of my first car that i've bought so far. :) nice to have some money from GT3 to give me a couple good cars instead of a used car to start off with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/nullified0ne/IMG0000.jpg

now the only question i have left after learning this is. if the ps2 knows how to save things to a usb flash drive.... why couldnt all games use a flash drive as a memory card?

MuGen
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
because these photos are actually rendered into JPEG or a photo format. Flash drives cannot recognize PS2 game save files.

Solid Snake
02-24-2005, 01:54 PM
That is sooo kick a**!

As soon as I get the money I will be buying this game.

I hope you can tell me that they have the 5th generation Honda Prelude. That is what I drive now, it would be pretty cool to be able to race the car that I own.

We should also start a thread where we can post our photos we take in the game.

MuGen
02-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I drive a 2000 Honda Prelude Si VTEC and I currently own it in GT4 as well..... happy??? YES YOU ARE!!

This is what I drive in real life and in GT4:

http://www.rasengan.net/myprelude.jpg

Null
02-24-2005, 02:30 PM
because these photos are actually rendered into JPEG or a photo format. Flash drives cannot recognize PS2 game save files.

no, sony chooses not to save that format to flash drive.

the PS2 can quite obviously now write to a USB flash drive. that said it wouldnt matter what file type it is. if it can write to one it can put anything it wants on it. sony doesnt want game saves on it.

MuGen
02-24-2005, 02:55 PM
well... either way it's because of money. they want money coming to them and not Logitech or whomever manu's flash drives.

Solid Snake
02-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey just got my copy of GT4 a few hours ago, realy didn't get a chance to play it becaus of homework. (I am actually in class right now.)

All I have done so far is check to see if they have the Honda Prelude, which they do at one of the used car stores. So I bought it. Game looks pretty cool so far.

Vampyr
02-24-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm planning on picking this game up next weekend, and I've been looking through the list of cars available, and it only took a few seconds to realize which car I HAD to buy.

My car of choice is going to be the Shelby Series 1.

MuGen
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
man... I own a

Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec '95 (R33) (MY DREAM CAR... SOOO BAD A$$)
Nissan Silvia Q's AERO S14 '93 (Gametavern's own Dark Samurai's Dream car....)
Nissan Silvia K's AERO S14 '93
Dodge Charger
Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC '98 (MY REAL LIFE CAR... SOOO BAD A$$)
Honda Civic SiR II (EG6) (Shingo's car in Initial D)
Honda Civic Si '00
Volkswagon GTi (My friend's car in real life)
Volkswagon Lupo
Mazda RX-7 GTX (FC3S) '89 (Ryosuke's car in Initial D)
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD3S) '95 (Keisuke's car in Initial D)
Toyota Levin GT-APEX (AE86) '83 (Itsuki's car in Initial D)
Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno (AE86) '83 (Takumi's car in Initial D)

As some of you probably guessed, I'm trying to own a lot of the INITIAL D cars ... lol

jeepnut
02-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I have an '02 Dodge Stratus 4 door. Is that car in there?

Null
02-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I have an '02 Dodge Stratus 4 door. Is that car in there?

have to check in the used cars. sadly my '03 Stratus 2 door coupe is not in there :( which is odd cuz id have to say besides the SRT-4 (which the game has) the stratus is one of the most sporty cars dodge has. (cept for the old muscle cars, which im happy to see the charger in the game)

MuGen
02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah Gran Turismo has to be one of the greatest driving sims out there, because it's not solely japanese cars it's got every other car... and cars from makes I've never heard of.

Null
02-25-2005, 01:30 PM
sides my stratus, i also wish it had a Jeep or 2 in it.

MuGen
02-25-2005, 01:32 PM
They have Jeeps in Arcade Mode I think....

I'm sure they have jeeps because they have the BMW SUV, The Tacoma, and other SUV and Pickup trucks....

Null
02-25-2005, 01:36 PM
i'll look in arcade when i get home, but im pretty sure the have no jeeps. i've looked up the car list online, and it would make no sense for them to put a certain car in the arcade mode then leave it out of the GT mode.

Joeiss
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Do they have Porshes in this one?

Solid Snake
02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Null, how did you get a hold of the 98 Prelude VTEC (In the game). That is also my real life car and I absolutely love it to death. Did you have to unlock it, as for right now I settled with a 96 Prelude SiR, has 5th gen. look, but only makes 174 hp stock.

Just got the game and have only played 1 race.

Null
02-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Do they have Porshes in this one?

i dont think so. they have the rufs, which honestly, they're what? suped up porsches? hell, if it looks exactly the sme i dont care what they call it.

and snake, i'll look when i get a chance, im not hope atm, so i dont know

Dark Samurai
02-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Is my Nissan Frontier in there???

MuGen
02-25-2005, 04:00 PM
The Nissan Frontier isn't in there... no...

Solid Snake, the Used Car Showrooms refresh after a couple of days in the game, so go back in like 2 days of gameplay.. (meaning if its 12 APR in the game, go back 15 APR.... I dont mean 2 real days...)

I also own a 2000 Honda Prelude Si VTEC in real life and in Gran Turismo 4 I own a '98 Honda Prelude Si VTEC.... so it's pretty cool owning your own car in GT4.

Seth
02-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Why aren't porsches in the game? Licensing not granted?

pah

Is the GT 40 in the game?

and, how retro do the cars go?

I might just have to buy a ps2 for this game.

Null
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
dont remember the reason they're not in it...

and yes the GT40 is in there.

and how retro do they go? well... theres a '15 Ford Model T in it. :p

http://z-o-g.org/gt4cars/american/ford-model-t-tourer-15.jpg

(you can also see the gt40 in the bottom right picture too)

Perfect Stu
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
mmm...the Model T

that's one sleek, sexy ride

Typhoid
02-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I didnt even know this game was out yet.

Well, Hmm, to buy it, or not to buy it?

I have many games I thought I would play alot when I bought them, but I kind of dont.

Yeah, you know GTA:SA, Yeah, I havent played it in 2 and a half months.

Hmm, maybe its time to pull that bad boy out of the drawer?

Right after I buy GT4! :)

Null
02-25-2005, 07:52 PM
mmm...the Model T

that's one sleek, sexy ride

lol. would be halarious if you could start twaking that with new parts. put some nitrous in it, racing chip, etc. lol

Joeiss
02-25-2005, 11:18 PM
I just picked GT4 up from my mail box!!! After my midterm tomorrow, I am going to smoke a couple of bowls, and play this game for a couple of hours! I cannot wait.

DarkMaster
02-25-2005, 11:25 PM
My dad built himself a Model T a few years ago. One of these days he's gotta let me finally drive that thing.

Happydude
02-26-2005, 10:39 AM
another reason for me to cry becuase i don't have a PS2 :baby:

*sigh* maybe i'll get one soon...i hope.

Solid Snake
02-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I keep putting my USB flash drive in to download some pictures I have taken and it will load half way and then give an error message saying it is not connected. I know it is connected because the little red light on the USB drive lights up when I insert it. Is any one else having this problem?

I would like to put some of my pictures on my computer.

MuGen
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
This game goes OLD SCHOOL like you wouldn't believe.

From Ford Model T '15 to Jay Leno's TANK CAR.....

This game has SO MANY cars to choose from... and theres one car I didn't even know Korea had called the Protosports Spirra..... nice lookin car.

I tried out the Demo at EB for Forza the other day and.... Forza has NOTHING on Gran Turismo 4... albeit the customization of body kits..... but with customization of body kits, comes the lack of several cars.

Besides... for GT4, a Wing Shop and Wheels is good enough for me, especially when you can buy the Saleen..... *sweats*

EDIT: I just bought a Barracuda, and another Charger.... American Muscle Cars are nice in this game..... for once my garage isn't filled with Japanese Speed Demons..