PDA

View Full Version : PSP hopes and doubts...

MuGen
02-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I went to the GameStop today and saw on the TV monitor footage of someone playing Ridge Racer on PSP, and the graphics were gorgeous for this handheld. Definitely beyond my expectations, and it looked exactly like a PS2 game. I hope when I get this, the picture is as clear as on the TV when I was watching it.

Any hopes or expectations for the PSP?

DarkMaster
02-23-2005, 02:55 PM
My hope is that they release a regular pack (with just a PSP) for sale by my birthday in june, cause I aint got no moneys for this shiite.

Other than that, I hope that some of the launch games (metal gear acid and lumines in particular) are as good as I'm hearing from importers.

Crash
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
i hope they bring down the price right away.....

MuGen
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm sure they will release an individual sales package. Because they are launching all those accessories seperately as well. If they come in Value Pack, why sell the accessories seperately? Because they plan to launch single handheld packs. Just a theory.

Perfect Stu
02-24-2005, 02:16 AM
I have high hopes when it comes to eye candy.

With that screen, and first-gen software looking like this:

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_02_big.jpg

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_03_big.jpg

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_04_big.jpg

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_05_big.jpg

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_07_big.jpg

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images//assets/images/previews/psp/pursuit_force/pursuit_force_06_big.jpg

I would expect to see some nice things years down the road...

Null
02-24-2005, 09:17 AM
i have hopes someone will make a nes emulator to put on the memory card to play old nes games on it. :p

MuGen
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
wouldn't that be good for the DS?

Null
02-24-2005, 10:43 AM
wouldn't that be good for the DS?

huh? why would psp doing that effect ds in any way?

MuGen
02-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I meant... "wouldn't the NES emulator be good for the DS.... not ... an emulator on PSP would be good on the DS."

Canyarion
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
And I think Null meant 'Affect' instead of 'effect'. :finger:

The PSP is more fit for ROMs, because of the USB port...

Null
02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
I meant... "wouldn't the NES emulator be good for the DS.... not ... an emulator on PSP would be good on the DS."

the DS have a memory card? if so, it would be good for DS, and what kind of memory card does it use?

im not sure which one has the higher main processor tho. whichever has the better processor is better for emulators. the Dreamcast has a 200mhz? it can handle NES games fine. but its not quite powerful enough to handle SNES and Genesis games. at most some SNES and Gen games run at 95% speed. most run slower. it just needs more power.

i THINK the PSP has a 333mhz processor. so i'd think it could handle snes games at full speed.

but either way on eather handheld. it would be fun to play the old classic games on the go.

And no, Canyarion, can't you read? i meant Effect. as you see it's what i typed. ;) :D

Jonbo298
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I have a SNES Emulator for my DC and it runs all my SNES games perfect on it. I didnt know the SNES had an over 200mhz processor in the early 90's :confused: I thought it was like 90 mhz or something?

Null
02-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I have a SNES Emulator for my DC and it runs all my SNES games perfect on it. I didnt know the SNES had an over 200mhz processor in the early 90's :confused: I thought it was like 90 mhz or something?

some games it can run close, but they say its only 95% at best, as far as i've seen. but i'll have to check em out again.

and think about that for a minute. its not the dreamcast running a game, its the dreamcast running an EMULATOR, running a game. emulators are not so easy on a processor to run. they take a bit of juice.

MuGen
02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
*buys some juice*

I just still cannot wait to get my PSP..

Blackmane
02-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to have to buy batteries like butter either...

MuGen
02-24-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah well... if your a person who doesn't use handhelds that much... it should appeal to you more if the handheld gives a lot for the short time you use it.

I'll probably buy 3 more batteries for long trips, but I don't plan to use this more than 3 hours at a time playing Dark Stalkers.

Perfect Stu
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM

all you need to do is charge the battery.

owned?

Null
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM

same goes for any handheld. but theres this new invention out now. its called a power outlet, it lets you recharge your portable device. Crazy huh? :D

MuGen
02-24-2005, 02:54 PM
I knew this already.... i'm buying batteries for long trips that dont allow access to outlets.

Null
02-24-2005, 03:36 PM
car adapter, power converter, etc. all cheaper then buying batteries.

i'd wait a while before buying extra batteries tho, they're bound to make a longer lasting one later on.

Canyarion
02-24-2005, 03:47 PM
yeah well... if your a person who doesn't use handhelds that much... it should appeal to you more if the handheld gives a lot for the short time you use it.
Well there's some discussion there... If you don't play much on handhelds, why would you buy the expensive one? Only for the graphics? You'd probably get better graphics on your home console...

Of course you wouldn't buy one with double screens either, because that's just not your thing. Or something like it to pretend this wasn't a fanboyish comment.

MuGen
02-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Not everything falls under graphics. If I were only planning to use the handheld for a short period of time, I would want a handheld that can give me a variety of things in that time. Such as music or movies... and the ocassional bashing in Darkstalkers....

Blackmane
02-24-2005, 04:13 PM
all you need to do is charge the battery.

owned?

To charge you need to plug it in. Suddenly its not portable.

Un-owned?

:p

MuGen
02-25-2005, 12:02 PM
:boxing:

Blackmane
02-25-2005, 02:02 PM
:boxing:

I've got $10 on myself and $20 on Stu.

Null
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM

that depends on which smiley is who. cuz that smiley on the left is just getting handled. altho he seems to be getting very angry....

MuGen
02-25-2005, 04:48 PM
lol.... that smiley represents the situation we're in..... it doesn't necessarily represent persons in the conflict...

Perfect Stu
02-25-2005, 07:44 PM

lol, smart man.

I was just commenting on your comment about buying batteries...I just didnt understand that concept

Null
02-25-2005, 07:45 PM
lol.... that smiley represents the situation we're in..... it doesn't necessarily represent persons in the conflict...

i dunno. the one on the left is taking a lot but still getting more angry, i cant stop watching cuz i just KNOW hes going to unleash at any minute now...

Blackmane
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
i dunno. the one on the left is taking a lot but still getting more angry, i cant stop watching cuz i just KNOW hes going to unleash at any minute now...

Couldn't you just imagine the one on the left just pulling out a sledgehammer and beating the crap out of the other one?

Null
02-25-2005, 08:21 PM
i think he's building up his special meter, and going to go off on a 50hit combo on the right guy.

Xantar
02-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Back on topic:

I can't wait to see the sales numbers for the UMD movies. Because you just know people are dying to see XXX on a small screen.

Actually, lots of people will probably line up for Advent Children. But maybe not as much as you would think considering that it's also coming out on regular old DVD...