PDA

View Full Version : Quick Temp fix for GT4 online.

Null
02-22-2005, 09:16 AM
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

aparently much like the warp pipe for nintendo, it lets you trick the PS2 into thinking online is over a network and lets you play the games online. except this one apraently works for ps2, gamecube, xbox and oddly... psp.

dunno how well it will work. but words been going around at forums pointing this out. so perhaps peopel can still get some good racing online with it.

GameMaster
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
This was the software that Crash and I were closely watching as they were developing for DS online playability but since then the project has been indefinitely paused. It seems to be a great alternative to XBox Live, PlayStation Live, and Nintendo Li...well it's making up for Nintendo current online absence.

If you have the correct hardware to hook your system up to your internet, I give this my personal recommendation.

thatmariolover
02-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I already use something like this on my modded Xbox as a substitute for Live. Works great.

Null
02-22-2005, 01:29 PM
hopfully it works smoothly, altho it wont be nearly as good as it coulda been with GT4 actually being online (hopfully the online version comes out soon) at least this should be ok to race against 5 other live people.

Can you use headsets when you network ps2's together? (not online, i just mean connecting one ps2 to the other)

Vampyr
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
hopfully it works smoothly, altho it wont be nearly as good as it coulda been with GT4 actually being online (hopfully the online version comes out soon) at least this should be ok to race against 5 other live people.

Can you use headsets when you network ps2's together? (not online, i just mean connecting one ps2 to the other)

Do you have any idea WHEN the online version is supposed to come out? Because if it's going to be any time soon, I'll just save my money and buy neither GT4 or the stuff to trick it into online play.

Null
02-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Do you have any idea WHEN the online version is supposed to come out? Because if it's going to be any time soon, I'll just save my money and buy neither GT4 or the stuff to trick it into online play.

no. all i know is, when they announced no online for GT4, they said an online version coming later 2005.

who knows really.

i was just going to trade in GT4 for the online version and get some money off the new one. However thats only if its the same game just with online.