PDA

View Full Version : Confuses the jebus out of me

Hero2
02-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Ok this has got to be the strangest thing ive come across in all my years of dealing with a computers.

When connecting to a dail up connection I got the error 691, invald username/password. after typing and retyping the password and checking the username. I tried it on another computer and it worked fine. so I setup a new username(just put a 1 at the end) on my account but kept the same password. I agian was able to logon the other computer but not mine. So I logged on with another email address on my account that I rarely use. It works on both computers. So I change the password on my main account and on the sub account that I had just setup, now they all work.

long story short I was unable to logon because the computer dident like the password.with the password being typed in the computer dailed out but it was almost like it checked the password itself instead of with the ISP server.

Anyone have an explation or another funky problem thats stumpped them or cam close post it.

BTW it was on a win 2k system and the password was never saved. Everytime I connected on the first computer with that password there wasnt any connection logs on the isp side.

Bube
02-22-2005, 10:20 AM
That's weird.

The only thing I can think of is using characters your Windows doesn't understand. When I use Turkish letters in a password, my Windows sometimes tells me I entered the wrong password.

Other than that, I have no idea...

Jonbo298
02-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah. Possibly windows for some unknown reason kept sending out a bad password when trying that password or whatever...strange

Canyarion
02-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Try typing out the password in word or something to see if Bube is right. Try to copy-paste the password into the box. If that doesn't work.... it's VERY weird...

GameMaster
02-22-2005, 12:43 PM
There are some things on my computer I haven't been able to delete when I empty the trash. I have to download a third party program for it to be deleted.

Hero2
02-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Try typing out the password in word or something to see if Bube is right. Try to copy-paste the password into the box. If that doesn't work.... it's VERY weird...
we tried that and it shouldent be anything with saved passwords since we setup a new email addy with the same password and it dident work untill we changed the password.