PDA

View Full Version : The best PS3 concept image

MuGen
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
I just found this roaming the internet, and when I saw it... I just said "THATS THE PS3 RIGHT THERE!"

There are a lot of these concept images, but this one stands out the most, and hopefully PS3 will look SOMETHING like it.

http://www.ps3portal.com/Pictures/concept27.jpg

Null
02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
well hopfully ps3 doenst have wireless controllers. and hopfully controller is better then that looks.

However other then that, if it ended up looking simular to that, it would be pretty good. but prolly will resemble nothing like that.

interesting how they made it say OPEN, no disc, well if it used that type of disc, it would slide in. there would be nothing to open. heh. that type of disc wouldnt use a tray.

Jonbo298
02-17-2005, 02:19 PM
If Wireless controllers are standard next gen, they are gonna have to run off of Li-on Batteries (like the ones used in cell phones) because 2 AA batteries ain't gonna cut it if Rumble is built in for wireless.

But its an interesting concept. It looks way too similar to the PSX (not the PS1, PSX) :unsure:

AzeaL
02-17-2005, 02:48 PM
that things looks sweet, if thats what its going to look like then awesome

MuGen
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
i like the unit itself, not the controller..... I want the roundedness to remain the same, but the console itself in that concept looks dope.

Null... also... the OPEN button could be used to open the door.. then slide in the disc... so that it doesn't pop out... ;)

any case... it's a concept.... purely concept

bobcat
02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
looks pretty cool, but yeh the controller looks to xbox'y

Can't wait to c the final result.

Blackmane
02-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Looks too sci-fi-ish. It will probably be black, anyways.

But, if that was it, I would say "That looks tight"

GameMaster
02-17-2005, 04:33 PM
The logo is too linear. The letters all need to be curved or near circular.

The system looks a little too big for my approval. Next generation is all about the size factor. And if you're system ain't small, you might as well start walking...

Null
02-17-2005, 04:59 PM
The logo is too linear. The letters all need to be curved or near circular.

The system looks a little too big for my approval. Next generation is all about the size factor. And if you're system ain't small, you might as well start walking...

doubful any will be super small. no smaller then GC is, and definently not as small as the ps2.

the original PS2 model size is what i expect from them all.

and im pretty sure the logo on the front of the system will still be the colorful PS logo that they've always used.

MuGen
02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Who said that concept was big? Just because the controller is at a different perspective making it look big...

All I know is... if Sony can manufacture the PS2 slim, they can pull off something small but maybe not as small as the ps2 slim.

EDIT: If you look at the concept images CD drive, and compare it to a real disc, the unit is as if it's the size of the old ps2 model.

AzeaL
02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
looks pretty cool, but yeh the controller looks to xbox'y

Yea the controllers look kinda like xbox's kinda big.

Griever
02-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Iv'e got a better one........

http://www.ps3land.com/images/concepts/shineypie2.jpg

Null
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Iv'e got a better one........

[ http://www.ps3land.com/images/concepts/shineypie2.jpg

that was one of thie first ones made a couple years ago. the one on this thread looks much better then that one. more realistic too.

Griever
02-18-2005, 09:12 AM
sorry I'm getting used to HTML again i havn't been on this site for ages (3 years)......... anyway I like the look of this one more can't go wrong with chrome ^_^ the other one looks like a apple-mac

Griever
02-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Either way lets hope it doesn't look like this......

http://www.ps3land.com/images/concepts/concept14.jpg

Null
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
just remember the edit button is there for a reason.

MuGen
02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
lol that picture with racked psx's is funny. But if Griever, are you complaining or just pointing out that the concept image I posted looks like an apple mac? Because the chrome you posted looks like the powerbook....I use a powerbook and an ibook and a gateway so I kind see the looks of both worlds.

Griever
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I was merely saying I prefer chrome to the apple-mac look ^_^

GameMaster
02-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I was merely saying I prefer chrome to the apple-mac look ^_^

I prefer the Mac look to the chrome look. The round chrome concept looks more like a kitchen appliance then a video game system. Plus, we all know that chrome scratches easily. With that being said, the Mac look wins.

Griever
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
maybe I like my own relection..... ever thought of that? Besides that isn't it a matter of opinion? I mean I prefer the look of the silver Ps2 to the Crystal X-box 'cause i'm not into the translucent look.....

GameMaster
02-18-2005, 03:17 PM
No, no, no :nono:

I was merely saying I prefer Mac look to the chrome look ^_^

Therefore, I am at no fault.

Griever
02-18-2005, 03:19 PM
With that being said, the Mac look wins.

Need I say more....

GameMaster
02-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Need I say more....

That's a component of my opinion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/synthoid/smithpic.jpg

Griever
02-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Its the way you phrased it. You presented evidence to why the "mac-look" is better than the "chrome" look. Therefore implying that your opinion is in actual fact.... fact.

MuGen
02-18-2005, 03:33 PM
and into the Dark Forest of Off-Topicia we go.... You both have been pwn3d by forum. The forum character has forced you both off topic.

GameMaster
02-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Its the way you phrased it. You presented evidence to why the "mac-look" is better than the "chrome" look. Therefore implying that your opinion is in actual fact.... fact.

You're incorrect, I started my post with an "I prefer" and therefore, everything within that paragraph is automatically linked to my preference.

Aside from your incorrect interpretations, you have also violated a GameTavern rule:

Antagonizing other forum users or attempting to start a flame
war. This includes fans of rival consoles making posts that
bash a console or person instead of adding something
constructive to the argument.

If you don't stop, you will suggested for a temporary banning.

Griever
02-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I think my post was quite contructive and in terms of "antagonizing" you thats a little bit of a oxymoron considering you where doing the same to me. I didn't insult you nor did I "flame" you. If a ban makes you happy then do it, but I certainly won't back down from a arguement if you threaten me.

MuGen
02-19-2005, 12:50 PM
someone close this thread....

GameMaster
02-19-2005, 03:03 PM
I think my post was quite contructive and in terms of "antagonizing" you thats a little bit of a oxymoron considering you where doing the same to me. I didn't insult you nor did I "flame" you. If a ban makes you happy then do it, but I certainly won't back down from a arguement if you threaten me.

Nope. You stated your preference then I simply stated mine. You then proceeded to antagonize me.

an·tag·o·nize Audio pronunciation of "antagonize" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tg-nz)
tr.v. an·tag·o·nized, an·tag·o·niz·ing, an·tag·o·niz·es

1. To incur the dislike of; provoke hostility or enmity in: antagonized her officemates with her rude behavior.
2. To counteract.

Wasn't implying my opinion as fact. I was clarifying my opinion. The only thing implied is that everything after the words, "I prefer" are associated with my preference. And that isn't a tricky English concept, that's common sense.

Constructive arguing about the topic is permitted. Antagonizing a member about his/her opinion or the context of his opinion is not.

Game. Set. Match.