PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY played a NDS!!!!

Canyarion
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
On Saturday my girl and I walked through town and entered a toy store. What did my eye see there????? A DS show model unit thingy!!! :D:D

They had Wario Ware Touched in it, it was fun.

In the second stand, today in another town, someone had stolen the penn. :rolleyes: So I used a wooden thingy. Worked fine.

Great stuff. :D

GameMaster
02-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Ah yes, I remember the day I first sampled a DS. I felt complete for the first time in many years.

Since you still have to wait a few months, want me to send you some videos of myself playing a DS?

Dyne
02-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I hope you didn't ruin the screen with the wooden thing. :(

Jason1
02-15-2005, 09:36 PM
I hope you didn't ruin the screen with the wooden thing. :(

It was a display version. Its going to get ruined anyways...no way around it.

Jonbo298
02-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed it :D

Dark Samurai
02-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Now you know why Nintendo is superior to Sony in the Handheld Kingdom /fanboyism

When is it coming out over there anyway?

Blackmane
02-16-2005, 01:04 PM
I haven't really gotten a chance to sample the DS yet. The one time I saw a kiosk setup, the screen was so scratched I couldn't see.

One day...

bobcat
02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I played one the other week. I really like the idea of the dual screens. It definitely helps with games. Even if it's something as simple as a map, it's much appreciated.

And it's only $199 AUST on launch, how good is that?

Teuthida
02-16-2005, 03:48 PM
First time I played it was on Black Friday at Circuit City at 6am squished between two large angry women waiting on line...wasn't very enjoyable.

Roommate got one (because he thought I was going to, and wanted to play Mario64 with me while taking a sh*t) and I played the Metroid demo through once. Was ok. Doubt I'll ever buy one though. Played Mario64 on my comp with a D-Pad this past summer. Don't want to shell out $150 to do it again.

Canyarion
02-18-2005, 03:53 AM
You don't have to use a D-pad for M64DS....

Anyway, EU DS launch is March 11, so it's not that bad. But I still haven't got a job, so I'm not sure if I can buy it right away.. :(

And the wood didn't scratch it, it was soft wood. Probably even better than the missing pen itself.

MuGen
02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Now you know why Nintendo is superior to Sony in the Handheld Kingdom /fanboyism

When is it coming out over there anyway?

wow... that is fanboyism..... no doubt about it.... especially when you haven't actually experienced the PSP yet... you've only seen footage of people wasting their money trashing it.

Also...Nintendo has owned the handheld industry for decades... It will be interesting to see this competition.

Teuthida
02-18-2005, 03:34 PM
You don't have to use a D-pad for M64DS....

Haven't heard of anyone who prefered using the touchscreen as an analog stick for it yet.

Jonbo298
02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
I wish the DS had an analog stick with the touchscreen :(

Maybe down the road when Ninty realizes the mistake they made by not at least including one (the casing can be remolded a little to fold over the joystick, is it that hard?)

thatmariolover
02-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Haven't heard of anyone who prefered using the touchscreen as an analog stick for it yet.

Here's one right here. You just have to get used to it and it's more responsive and accurate than anything else.

Canyarion
02-21-2005, 06:29 AM
IGN liked it better. But admitted, it's still not perfect. :unsure:

Couldn't they have made the D-pad analog??