PDA

View Full Version : Wind Waker 2 Confirmed

Crash
02-15-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20030502/miyamoto.jpg

We don't want to get caught up in realistic graphics and confuse gameplayers. If we look too much like everyone elses game, people wont be able to differentiate it from our competitors. We have decided to move the realistic looking Zelda to our next console, and have it developed by Hudsonsoft. We are confident that it is a good decision for our gaming public.

http://img172.exs.cx/img172/9130/zelda1le.jpg

http://img172.exs.cx/img172/8011/zelda17cn.jpg

http://nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gwwj/index.html
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

just joking, this is by a korean company and has nothing to do with zelda... and i bet nintendo will intervene and shut this operation down

Null
02-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Actually, im pretty sure they said they were going to do a cartoon sequal to wind waker a while ago. as well as the realistic zelda.

But why would nintendo shut this down? as you said it has nothing to do with zelda. It doesnt even look like zelda. unless they're implying that it is in someway.

thatmariolover
02-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Bah, that was discusting. Truly a horrible joke Crash. You had me contemplating my own death for a minute there.

Blackmane
02-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I think that that almost started a riot that would have ended with the death of Shiggy.

Good thing everything has settled down now...

DarkMaster
02-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I like those screens, I hope the actual WW2 turns out to be something along those lines.

The Duggler
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, those screens look great!

Null
02-15-2005, 03:30 PM
hmm. didnt think people would want ww2 to have less graphics then ww. oh well. learn something new every day.

The Duggler
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
hmm. didnt think people would want ww2 to have less graphics then ww. oh well. learn something new every day. :confused:

Jonbo298
02-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Damn you Crash, almost gave me a heart attack :p

Dark Samurai
02-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Some of you guys are saying that WW was a bad thing?

No, I thought it was a brilliant game... with those cel shaded graphics... that older "Link" up there looks good

Null
02-15-2005, 04:01 PM
:confused:

whats to be confused about, thoes graphics are ugly compared to wind wakers. thoes are very plain, very bland, and got no style.

No, I thought it was a brilliant game... with those cel shaded graphics... that older "Link" up there looks good

Who said WW was a bad thing?

KillerGremlin
02-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Crash, that was a mean mean joke! I was about to unleash my fury and start ranting about Nintendo!

The graphics were fine. The gameplay...was basically OOT on the ocean.

Vampyr
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Crash, my heart skipped several beats when I read that.

Jeez man.

Canyarion
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I didn't believe you. They wouldn't dare to change it back now. :p

Null, they said that they were developing a new Zelda on the WW engine. And that's exactly what they're doing now with the new realistic Zelda... apperantly (spelling?) the same engine... :unsure:

Dyne
02-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow, that looks very cool. I would love a WW like that without the sailing. :D

Teuthida
02-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Ah you bastard. Was so happy for so short a time.

GameMaster
02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Wind Waker was my first Zelda adventure. I'm anxious to play the sequel. I'm also anxious to play the realistic Zelda that's in development.

That was a good practical joke. Luckily I have the Jokster extension installed in my Firefox so I was immediatley informed of the trick before it could even be played on me.

Jason1
02-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Ah you bastard. Was so happy for so short a time.

Oh comon. Lies. I mean sure, Wind Waker was good, but I flat out dont believe youd rather have Wind Waker 2 than the realistic Zelda.

Teuthida
02-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh comon. Lies. I mean sure, Wind Waker was good, but I flat out dont believe youd rather have Wind Waker 2 than the realistic Zelda.

I actually would. Played half of Oot and dropped it. Really didn't care for it. Don't own a single "realistic" looking game. WW was the 2nd greatest game I've played for the cube after Animal Crossing. And I like cartoons...

EDIT: Found some large screens.
http://ftp.gameshot.net/gameshot/Screenshot/screenshot/2005_02/VIDEO/wiki-ss01.jpg
http://ftp.gameshot.net/gameshot/Screenshot/screenshot/2005_02/VIDEO/wiki-ss02.jpg

DarkMaster
02-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Hot damn, I want a Wind Waker 2 now.

Jason1
02-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry Danchastu, but your simply out of your mind. Wind Waker, while a pretty good game, is a sick joke compared to OOT in terms of length, gameplay, story, overall design, ect. And im not trying to knock Wind Waker in any way, I loved it, but OOT is just that damn good.

The Germanator
02-15-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't know why we're arguing about the more next-gen Zelda games. A Link to the Past is simply superior to them all anyways...

Typhoid
02-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I don't know why we're arguing about the more next-gen Zelda games. A Link to the Past is simply superior to them all anyways...

I agree.

I still play it from time to time.

thatmariolover
02-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Hot damn, I want a Wind Waker 2 now.

Wow. I didn't think I'd be saying it, but after seeing those big screenshots it reminded me how great it was. I really want WW2 now as well.

Solid Snake
02-15-2005, 11:37 PM
!@%#, I just smashed my gamecube before I finished reading Crash's post.

Don't get me wrong, loved WW, but I would much rather have the realistic looking graphics and game play similar to OoT which is my all time favorite game.

Jonbo298
02-15-2005, 11:45 PM
The screen's dont look too shabby but I'll take a Realistic Zelda for now and a WW2 down the road :p

Teuthida
02-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry Danchastu, but your simply out of your mind.

That may be true in general...but not about this...

Oot just wasn't fun for me being "adult" Link. Perhaps if I played it when it first came out and was new, I might have tried harder to like it. Was enjoying MM though...until the game froze (the free cube one) resulting in me losing some progress resulting in me never going back to it.

Favorite Zelda is still Link's Awakening though...but that just might because it was the first Zelda game I played. I miss Marin...and the ending still gets to me. :(

BreakABone
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
I to prefer Wind waker over the other Zelda, mainly from an artistic point of view.

Null
02-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I didn't believe you. They wouldn't dare to change it back now. :p

Null, they said that they were developing a new Zelda on the WW engine. And that's exactly what they're doing now with the new realistic Zelda... apperantly (spelling?) the same engine... :unsure:

i dont think it is.

And thats not what im talkin about anyway, im pretty positive his words were there will still be another cel shaded sequal to WW, besides the realistic zelda.

Canyarion
02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
I don't know why we're arguing about the more next-gen Zelda games. A Link to the Past is simply superior to them all anyways...Yeah that's what I thought untill I played it again. :rolleyes:
ALttP is short, sometimes very annoying and very easy. :p

Not that I don't like it, I just learned to respect OoT and MM more. MM was just... great, perhaps even better than OoT. :D

And Danny, always SAVE! Like every 5 minutes... :(

BreakABone
02-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Well, I don't know.. I picked up Wind Waker again after some 2 years.. and I was also playing OoT on Zelda Collector's Disc.

I just find Wind Waker to be the overall better game. I think it has a better story as it tells it's own story as well as connects with OoT. It has the better gameplay system.. sure it's the same system, but Wind Waker improves on it.. like the A trigger moves, multiple targets with boomerang, using the grappling hook to steal items...etc.... It seems easier, but still an enjoyable game..

and that damn molgera song....

Canyarion
02-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah but realise that there's a gap of like 5 years between those 2 games... is that all they could do in those years? :(

KillerGremlin
02-27-2005, 05:32 PM
My gripe with Wind Waker wasn't that it was a bad game per se, it was a great game, but it lacked the edge that I like in my Zelda games. First off, it paralleled OOT in one to many ways. Second, it fell way short in the temple department.

What was so kick ass about Ocarina Of Time was the amount of gameplay you got. I mean, you had 3 levels to go to as a kid, then you had the Forest Temple, The Fire Temple, The Ice Cavern, The Water Temple, The Bottom Of The Well, The Shadow Temple, The Spirit Temple and then Ganon's Castle.

That's 11 "levels," and considering that the Ice Cavern, The Bottom Of The Well and Ganon's Castle weren't full levels, that equals out to be roughly 9 temples.

And that doesn't even include getting through Gerudo Fortress, getting the Ice Arrows, exploring all the areas around Hyrule, and doing all the minor tasks.

The nice thing about Ocarina Of Time was that there was never any crap in the Temples. You didn't get stupid items in the temples, you got valuable and cool items - Slingshot, Bomb Bag, Boomerang, Bow and Arrow, Megaton Hammer, Longshot, Hoover Boots, Mirror Shield - not once did you get something lame in the temples. And, there was still an assload of stuff to get outside of the temples. All the derivations of arrows, all the other equipment, stuff that was at least halfway essential.

After Ocarina Of Time came out, Nintendo released Majora's Mask, which was also one hell of a game. Majora's Mask was a hell of a good game because it took a shift from your typical Zelda adventure. Instead of hoping from Temple to Temple you had to explore your surroundings. So, the end result was, you would spend as much, if not more time, getting to the Temples, and then you would beat the Temples. And, by the way, the Temples in Majora's Mask were a lot harder then the ones in Ocarina Of Time. But, temples aside, the thing that was still nice about Majora's Mask was, exploring felt valuable. Covering new ground in Majora's Mask helped you out, often times you got new items of importance, and, Majora's Mask took an almost inverse approach to OOT - you would get items like the hookshot outside of the temple, and then you would get the arrow derivations in the temple.

And then there is Wind Waker...which has a much more limited appeal. I, personally, enjoyed playing through Wind Waker. Hell, I enjoyed exploring the vast world that is Wind Waker. But, at the same time, I realized that Nintendo took out a lot of the typical Zelda gameplay, and replaced it with filler gameplay. A lot of Wind Waker involved riding around the ocean, exploring island after island, often to only get a heart piece. 3 essential items in the game, the Power Grip, the Fire Arrows and the Ice Arrows were given to you with very minimal work. Those 3 items right there could have at least spawned one or two new temples. And, don't get me wrong, Wind Waker looked good, and I could give a **** less what the graphics are like.

But, graphics have never been my problem. I'm a gameplay whore. I play Zelda because I like the gameplay. Wind Waker was a really cool game, and exploring its vast world was really cool. But, in the grand scheme of things, Wind Waker was like two steps up and a step down from Ocarina Of Time. It wasn't a bad game for me, but I just can't hold it in the same regard as I can hold the Ocarina Of Time. And, to be totally honest, I doubt any 3D Zelda game will evoke the same sense of fullness that Ocarina Of Time did.

I recommend that if you have yet to pick up and play Wind Waker that you do so pronto. But, I recommend that you play Ocarina Of Time instead if you have played neither.