PDA

View Full Version : ....*Shakes*

Typhoid
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok....so lets build this up a little bit.

My old neighbours name was Mike Wilson.

He was a really nice guy. He would babysit me all the time (Hes 28 now) and he dated my sister back when they were in Grade 12.

Everyone liked him.

He had lots of friends, he wasnt physically attractive to girls, (or guys) but he was really nice, so he got by on that.

So I came home today, Looked at the cover of The Province (the newspaper) and said to myself. "Hey, thats Mike"

I read on a little.

And the newspaper said "Hey, Sean, Mike Killed 2 people."

/me is in shock

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Skeeties/prov_front.jpg

(Heres the whol article, I would link it, but tomorrow it would go to tomorrows front page story.)

Mystery driver urged to speak up
Man who picked up suspected killer may have information to give

February 9, 2005

Bernie and Louise Smith were at the Burnaby RCMP detachment yesterday. Police there have arrested Langley resident Michael Joseph Wilson, 27, for the 2002 killings of their daughter, Julie Smith, and Glen Martin.

A Good Samaritan who unwittingly gave a ride to a suspected killer on a cold winter morning two years ago could hold the key to a double killing.

Police say the Samaritan's passenger had just abandoned a car with two bodies in the trunk.

"We want this Good Samaritan to know he is completely innocent," Burnaby RCMP Cpl. Pierre Lemaitre said yesterday after Michael Joseph Wilson, 27, of Langley was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Julie Smith, 33, and Glen Martin, 48, both of Burnaby.

Julie's distraught mom and dad, Louise and Bernie Smith, also begged the Good Samaritan to come forward.

"There are more arrests hopefully to be made," said Bernie. "And if this Samaritan hears this plea, from a father . . . I would hope to hell you'd come forward."

Police allege that Wilson was driving Julie's beat-up Ford LTD, with her body and Martin's in the trunk, when he abandoned it on the shoulder of westbound Highway 1 near the Kensington exit in Burnaby early on Nov. 26, 2002.

They would not say if the car broke down or ran out of gas, but the Good Samaritan gave the driver a ride to a gas station.

RCMP believe the two victims were killed at a home on McTavish Road in Maple Ridge and the killer was driving the bodies away to dispose of them.

"Our greatest concern is that this Good Samaritan may balk at the idea of coming forward just out of shock, not realizing that the person he picked up was arrested for murder," said Lemaitre.

Smith, a retired bank employee, described his daughter as a kind woman who would go out of her way to help someone in need.

He said he did not believe his daughter was in a relationship with Martin, her neighbour in a four-unit apartment building in Burnaby, but had been driving him around in her vehicle because his had broken down.

He said the two years since her death have been difficult, not knowing whether charges would be laid.

"Julie was the youngest of four children," he said. "She was unmarried, she was kind to a fault, helpful to a fault, and to us that is the reason Julie was there -- helping out someone who lived in the same building because his truck broke down."

He said Julie was close to her two sisters and brother and when she hadn't been heard from for two days the family began making inquiries.

They found the car at a towing company's lot. It had sat at the side of the highway for two days -- with thousands of motorists passing by -- until the towing company removed it as an abandoned vehicle. The Smiths alerted police, who made the grisly discovery in the trunk.

Lemaitre said Martin was known to police for possible involvement in the illegal drug business.

Lemaitre also said police believe Julie was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Police investigators believe that Martin may have been involved with drugs at the time of his death," said Lemaitre.

"Smith, on the other hand, does not appear to have been involved in criminal activity and was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Police have not said how the two victims were killed, nor will they say how they obtained the information about the Good Samaritan, who unwittingly gave a ride to the alleged killer.

Its just unnerving because he was so nice...and....I wouldnt expect him to do this.

dropCGCF
02-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

Dyne
02-09-2005, 07:11 PM
He looks a bit like that guy.. you know, from the old "Who's Line Is It Anyways" series?

He's even got a mark on his lower cheek.

Regardless, that's pretty creepy.

CamFu
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Sounds like braggin' rights too me. You survived at the hands of a killer! And you can say that there was no fear when you were around him. Man, this makes you TUFF... thats right T-U-F-F! TUFF.

Yeah, that's kind of creepy.

Typhoid
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Sounds like braggin' rights too me. You survived at the hands of a killer! And you can say that there was no fear when you were around him. Man, this makes you TUFF... thats right T-U-F-F! TUFF.

Yeah, that's kind of creepy.

What?

Shut the fleece up please.

That is, if you're being serious.

He wasnt a killer when I knew him. Hence his niceness.

When he moved he became a crackie, Hence the murdering.

And of course their wasnt fear when I was around him, I was 6, and he was a really nice guy.

And if you were kidding, I retract the fleece off part.

Its hard to tell sarcasm in text.

dropCGCF
02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
You posted for a reaction.

Typhoid
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
You posted for a reaction.

Isnt every post here about geting some sort of a reaction?

I wasnt looking for sympathy or what have you.

I was informing people of what happened.

It has nothing to do with me. I just knew the guy. I wasnt accompanying him on his murders. He never stored bodies oin my house.

Im not forcing you to post. Im not forcing you to read. Im not forcing you to react in any way at all.

This is much like GM's scalping thread. To inform people. :p

CamFu
02-09-2005, 07:57 PM
What?

Shut the f*ck up please.

That is, if you're being serious.

He wasnt a killer when I knew him. Hence his niceness.

When he moved he became a crackie, Hence the murdering.

And of course their wasnt fear when I was around him, I was 6, and he was a really nice guy.

And if you were kidding, I retract the f*ck off part.

Its hard to tell sarcasm in text.

I'm not going to get into this. Don't have the time. Relax... I was being sarcastic.

Neo... I think you should make a text box for sarcasm... like for quotes... that would all confusion.

dropCGCF
02-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Im not forcing you to post. Im not forcing you to read. Im not forcing you to react in any way at all.

This is much like GM's scalping thread. To inform people. :p

So if people react in a way that you don't like, you can't say anything. And I never heard you calling people's comments in the aforementioned thread innapropriate.

Typhoid
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
So if people react in a way that you don't like, you can't say anything. And I never heard you calling people's comments in the aforementioned thread innapropriate.

Because it doesnt bug me?

Why would I make a post int eh scalping thread about how I wasnt looking for sympathy?

It didnt come up in the other thread....

Now, If you told GM that he posted that to just get a reaction, then yes, I would have posted something similar to this.

Im done. Continue to argue. :)

Perfect Stu
02-09-2005, 08:22 PM
sick son of a b*tch.

personally, I couldnt care less about his past and how "nice of a guy" he was/is

Seth
02-09-2005, 08:33 PM
What was your sister's reaction to this news?

Typhoid
02-09-2005, 09:22 PM
What was your sister's reaction to this news?

I dont know, I havent seen her for a long time. I havent talked to her today, but my mom said she was pretty shaken up.

And I have no idea why she dated him. Shes a gorgeous girl.

Something doesnt add up.

Yan
02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
I guess it's always a shock when something like this happens within a community. Plus, you personally know this guy, which makes things even worse.

If i were in your shoes, I'd feel really creeped out.

GameMaster
02-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I wonder what his motives were?

Too much pressure in the world today, some people just can't handle it and they crack. :distress:

When he finally gets settled, why don't you write him a letter and bring some happiness into his world.

Dylflon
02-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Whoa. Weird.

You've been surrounded by some pretty interesting people in your life, Sean.

Typhoid
02-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Whoa. Weird.

You've been surrounded by some pretty interesting people in your life, Sean.

I know...

My life would make a pretty decent movie.

*Writes guidlines to his life*

Su-Yin
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
wow...thats real scary....
i had a friends face come up on the papers as well....he was a math tuition classmate of mine...he was really smart and cocky....eveyrone knew he had a crush on me...and personally i thought it was disgusting...i didnt like him much...but he, being the math genius..often loved giving me tons of pointers...i always thought he was weird...he stopped coming for class for like 1-2 weeks...and my tuition teacher showed us his picture on the chinese news papers....accordingly...he sodomized his younger cousin brother... :Puke: and was put in probation...cuz he was below 18
....i was in shock...and when i recovered i couldnt stop laughing...to think that i even actually had his number in my HP address book...gross....

Yan
02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
wow...thats real scary....
i had a friends face come up on the papers as well....he was a math tuition classmate of mine...he was really smart and cocky....eveyrone knew he had a crush on me...and personally i thought it was disgusting...i didnt like him much...but he, being the math genius..often loved giving me tons of pointers...i always thought he was weird...he stopped coming for class for like 1-2 weeks...and my tuition teacher showed us his picture on the chinese news papers....accordingly...he sodomized his younger cousin brother... :Puke: and was put in probation...cuz he was below 18
....i was in shock...and when i recovered i couldnt stop laughing...to think that i even actually had his number in my HP address book...gross....

/me rakes her brain to remember who it was...

Do I know this fella?

Su-Yin
02-12-2005, 06:29 AM
the add math class i had with owen...the guys name is adam....large...huge...german mix malay dude who lives in thomsan lane....plays lotsa golf....i was in form 5...

form 5= year 11

Perfect Stu
02-12-2005, 07:47 AM
there is way too much pressure on people in general in the world today

does anyone have any theories as to why? and i mean really, really why...

it's bothered me and continues to eat away at me for a good 6 years now

i thank my parents for raising me so well...if they hadnt, i'd be dead by now...for too many reasons to count

Typhoid
02-12-2005, 03:14 PM
i thank my parents for raising me so well...if they hadnt, i'd be dead by now...for too many reasons to count

To kind of tie this in to the guy that killed people.

He was a really good kid. His parents raised him and his sister awesomely. It was a really nice loving family. In grade 12 Mike (the guy below) even kicked 5 people out of his van because they wanted him to drive faster, and he said peer pressure is bad.

But his parents didnt really allow him or his sister out much with friends, They could go out, just less than normal. They were semi sheltered. If they were allowed out, they had a strict curfew.

And he killed people because he got into drug problems, Crack or coke or something, and my mom thinks its because hes rebelling against his really good, sheltered upbringing.

After saying that to me, she said "Well, I've raised 4 good kids." And walks away.

Yan
02-12-2005, 06:40 PM
And he killed people because he got into drug problems, Crack or coke or something, and my mom thinks its because hes rebelling against his really good, sheltered upbringing.

I do agree with this bit. Not that he isn't a good kid but when after living in a sheltered environment for so long, once he got a chance to do what HE wants, he probably went off the rails.

That happened to me but in a much smaller scale and I didn't get accused of murder. I was never allowed to have junk food (as in, not even ONE piece of chips) when I was younger so when I discovered the ability to buy them myself, I end up stashing bags and bags of Twisties in my waredrobe.

The smell gave me away...

Also, I was never allowed to listen to music at that time (mom thinks I'll get 'addicted' to those pop bands and negelect my studies rah rah rah...) so when I found out that the newspaper agency behind my house was selling Smash Hits (some UK pop magazine) I ended up buying every single issue.

I still have the whole 4feet worth of magazines at home.

Perfect Stu
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I look at my group of friends...and as we've all moved on from highschool to college, and when we gained that leap in independance...the kids that were "not allowed to do anything" have gotten into some bad situations and made some really stupid decisions, while the couple of us that were given more freedom as a child have sorta recognized a bad thing when we see it and manage to avoid it without thinking twice.

I'm lucky to have a good head on my shoulders, though...that has something to do with it. But I still think there's a pattern...

Acebot44
02-13-2005, 12:32 AM
The whole sheltered thing is pretty true. My Brother and I have been free to do ANYTHING as long as we tell them that we're doing it. No curfew. No punishment. And we're both (well, me more than my brother) pretty shrewd guys.

More of our rich, home schooled, and leashed friends are ****ed up compared to the free ones.

Su-Yin
02-13-2005, 10:04 AM
The whole sheltered thing is pretty true. My Brother and I have been free to do ANYTHING as long as we tell them that we're doing it. No curfew. No punishment. And we're both (well, me more than my brother) pretty shrewd guys.

More of our rich, home schooled, and leashed friends are ****ed up compared to the free ones.

no fun breaking the rules when its easy/given permission to...the fun is in getting away with it...and feeling adrenaline rush when you actually do as you wish...against your superiors!...must say....it feels nice ...;)
im not encouraging this in anyway though...lets just put it this way...my parents are absolutely paranoid...and protective...and they love me to the extent that its annoying...sigh*i wish i could learn to appreciate the excessive love they give me