PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Factor 5

Crash
02-08-2005, 12:39 AM
http://www.factor5.com/

Are they even making games anymore... are they doing something for revolution? are they even alive??? they haven't updated their site since 2003

But they do have "in production" Thornado: http://www.factor5.com/projects.shtml

but only an MP3 of it.... *shrugs*

they also say:

With the imminent arrival of the next generation of console and handheld technology Factor 5 has multiple game and technology projects in production for major console manufacturers.

maybe they are working on something for the DS or PSP...

game and technology projects... what more surround sound effects or something else?

let me know now... i love you guys so much, dont leave us in the dark!

Canyarion
02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
This belongs in The Meatgrinder, because they are rumored to work on the Xbox(2). Or was that Silicon Knights? Or both? :confused:

Thornando seemed good, would be nice to have as a Revolution launch game. :)

Crono
02-08-2005, 01:47 PM
One thing I'd like to know, when the hell is Silicon Knights going to come out with a new game. Haven't heard from them since Eternal Darkness. We need a new game from them. I remember they had that one cool looking game in development from a looong time ago, I forget the name at the moment, though.

Crash
02-08-2005, 03:21 PM
what about Twin Snakes, that game was freaking awesome!!!!!!

Dyne
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, it COULD be a thread for the meatgrinder, but as Canyarion said, they've just been rumoured to be.

I never saw Too Human myself, so I still don't understand the hype. What would make it such a great game? I've only heard things on how awesome it looked at the time.

Canyarion
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I was going to say that Silicon Knights had Raven Blade in development, but I just realised that it was Retro Studios. I wonder what they are up to.. I hope not another Metroid.

Bube
02-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I was going to say that Silicon Knights had Raven Blade in development, but I just realised that it was Retro Studios. I wonder what they are up to.. I hope not another Metroid.
What!?!? They should be up to another Metroid! If not, then just shut 'em down...

Crash
02-08-2005, 04:57 PM
wonder what retro is doing... wonder what silicon knights is doing, wonder what factor 5 is doing...

/me kills everyone

Silicon Knights has been out of the spotlight for some time now, almost a year in fact, ever since they officialy (and abruptly) severed their ties to Nintendo for unknown reasons.

Too Human, a game that has been "in development" at Silicon Knights even prior to their first noticable title Blood Omen, has re-emerged in the news, thanks to a newly discovered trademark filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office on January 25, 2005.

Of course, we cannot be certain that even if the game is still in development, that it will be on a Nintendo platform. As E3 draws nearer and nearer, perhaps a clearer picture will begin to unfold regarding the former Nintendo developer and their future plans, including those for Too Human.

Jonbo298
02-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I hope Factor 5, Retro, and SK bring out a launch title for the Revolution that really shows what the console is capable of. When F5 released Rogue Squadron 2 (I think that was the name), it really showed off at that time what the 'Cube was capable of. I hope they do something similar for Revolution

CamFu
02-08-2005, 05:52 PM
what about Twin Snakes, that game was freaking awesome!!!!!!

You know I read somewhere, on another forum, that they actually thought that MSG:TS was the kiddie verison of the series. Said it looked to cartoony and Nintendo ruined it on their system. Just made me laugh.

Crash
02-08-2005, 06:17 PM
You know I read somewhere, on another forum, that they actually thought that MSG:TS was the kiddie verison of the series. Said it looked to cartoony and Nintendo ruined it on their system. Just made me laugh.

WHAT THE FOOOOOGGGG??

heh, sony fanboys... lol.. that game freaking rocked and still does!

Jonbo298
02-08-2005, 07:25 PM

/me goes to find a gun

Jason1
02-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I thought I heard Factor5 and Nintendo kinda parted ways...

Jonbo298
02-09-2005, 01:05 AM
They aren't. Factor 5 was never "exclusive" to Nintendo. They can make games for whatever consoles they want, they just prefer Nintendo.

Blackmane
02-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Factor 5 was awesome, and I can't wait for their next contribution to the gaming world.